Twitter: Daks QBR against winning teams

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Real question...doesn’t QBR tend to favor “running” QBs that rack up rushing yards/rush TDs?

Depends whether you consider that "favors" or merely "accurately accounts for". I think you've got a point about "favors", but QB runs have value that *should* be accounted for, even if you think that QBR *over* weights it.

But going into this week Dak had the highest *passing* QBR subscore, and the 8th highest running QBR subscore. If we ran him just a bit more, he'd easily have the highest total QBR in the league.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Depends whether you consider that "favors" or merely "accurately accounts for". I think you've got a point about "favors", but QB runs have value that *should* be accounted for, even if you think that QBR *over* weights it.

But going into this week Dak had the highest *passing* QBR subscore, and the 8th highest running QBR subscore. If we ran him just a bit more, he'd easily have the highest total QBR in the league.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

Thanks for answering the question. Some folks are so sensitive they can’t respond without undue emotion.

I don’t totally understand QBR, granted I don’t spend much effort trying to. That said, when I’m looking at QB metrics I’m primarily concerned with how proficient he is at throwing the ball.

It’s no different if they had a similar stat for running backs which factored pass blocking or receiving. That’s all great, but I want to know how well they function in the primary duty of a RB.....running the ball.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Same people that defend Dak regardless of performance in any game are the same people that would dog Zeke for a bad game. Can’t have it both ways, if they played bad, they played bad; it is what it is.

Birdgang

Reaction score
Ahhhh here comes the Dak hate. Missed this stupidity over the last couple weeks. Alas here we are again. Imagine swimming. Now imagine swimming with a cinder block attached to your back. See the issue?

Its not fun, and I would not suggest it for the average person. Although attached to back would of been easier then holding it and swimming.

Birdgang

Reaction score
Way to leave out the 26.3 vs Seattle. Slimy.
:lmao2:

What's sad is it still does not change the fact or the answer to the original question. But yes Lets judge a game where LT, RT G , WR 1,2,3 RB1,2 are out to try and deflect the purpose of the OPs Post. He was asked, he didn't throw it out there to dis anyone. He at least is putting things up he knows is true and not some fantasy delusions some here like to spew.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
I don’t totally understand QBR, granted I don’t spend much effort trying to. That said, when I’m looking at QB metrics I’m primarily concerned with how proficient he is at throwing the ball.
Differential between Dak's passer rating against the team listed and that team's defensive passer rating for the season. For example, opposing QB have a 50.5 rating vs the Patriots this season, and Dak posted a 64.2 against them, so it's +13.7.

1 NYG +58.8
2 WAS +25.6
3 MIA -15.4
4 NO -13.3
5 GB -7.8
6 NYJ -1.8
7 PHI +11.8
8 NYG +1.8
9 MIN +10.5
10 DET +16.9
11 NE +13.7
12 BUF +12.7

This is traditional passer rating, not QBR. QBR doesn't have a defensive equivalent.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
No comparison is needed. The only thing that should matter to a Cowboy fan is how well the Cowboy’s starting QB has done in those situations.

This is true for jnday, he does not care about context. He would rather know less than more.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
What's sad is it still does not change the fact or the answer to the original question. But yes Lets judge a game where LT, RT G , WR 1,2,3 RB1,2 are out to try and deflect the purpose of the OPs Post. He was asked, he didn't throw it out there to dis anyone. He at least is putting things up he knows is true and not some fantasy delusions some here like to spew.

Jason Peter's is the LT for the Eagles, didnt know if you knew that or not. He played all 76 snaps. Miles Sanders is the RB2, he was in the entire game.

So... your post saying his LT and RB2 were out is.... wow REALLY bad

Birdgang

Reaction score
Jason Peter's is the LT for the Eagles, didnt know if you knew that or not. He played all 76 snaps. Miles Sanders is the RB2, he was in the entire game.

So... your post saying his LT and RB2 were out is.... wow REALLY bad

Jason Peters has been hurt for the last 3 seasons, he hobbles in and out of games until he is carted off like weekly. Sproles was #2 but only playing 6 games until injured reserved ... ya the Rookie moved up. You yourself cry if the weather is not perfect in a climate-controlled dome..... but ya keep deflecting as you always do :D

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Jason Peters has been hurt for the last 3 seasons, he hobbles in and out of games until he is carted off like weekly. Sproles was #2 but only playing 6 games until injured reserved ... ya the Rookie moved up. You yourself cry if the weather is not perfect in a climate-controlled dome..... but ya keep deflecting as you always do :D

Ahhh so you were lying when you said your LT was out? Got it. As I said, he played every snap and wasn't carted off.

Good try at redeeming yourself, but it didnt work. You either didn't have a clue as to what you were talking about(common for you) or you were lying(also coming for you). I'm sorry I outed you as a fraud :p

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Dak has had an average season so far. And that’s after starting like an MVP. His regression when the schedule got tough is blatant and impossible to ignore.
Same knock coming out of college. Bad decisions and fails to step up in big games.

Birdgang

Reaction score
Ahhh so you were lying when you said your LT was out? Got it. As I said, he played every snap and wasn't carted off.

Good try at redeeming yourself, but it didnt work. You either didn't have a clue as to what you were talking about(common for you) or you were lying(also coming for you). I'm sorry I outed you as a fraud :p

Peters has only played 63% of snaps this year .... My bad for confusing the swapping they did at left guard as almost half the time it peters out. Its like how you drown out your wifes voice telling you to take trash out or feed the dogs. :p Oh and I blame still being in a turkey coma ... yeah that sounds good :D

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
At this point just let the new coach decide if Dak is his QB then go from there. I like Dak but I am not paying him top 5 money.

Let’s just hope Jerry doesn’t pull the same thing the Bucs owner did. The Bucs fired Gase because he wanted to drop Winston and any coach that took the job had to be ok with Winston at QB.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Yet the Eagles are 5-6 and could end up with a good record only because of their remaining patsy schedule. The narrative of only Dak needing help until Wentz's teammates are injured, then all of a sudden he needs help too already existed. I just mentioned it.

The narrative also was that Wentz could carry a team by himself. Anyway people can point out Wentz stats but just like they say Dak's stats are meaningless if he doesn't win, then I guess Wentz' QBR against winning teams are meaningless since Philly is at 5-6 for the 2nd season in a row under Wentz. What happened to Wentz being elite enough not to need as much help as Dak and to be able to elevate he players around him?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Dak haters summarized:

When Dak Prescott has a good QBR, it's a garbage stat made up by ESPN that means nothing.

When Dak Prescott has a poor QBR, it's proof he's an awful quarterback that can't throw a football (and has 3,788 yards and 26 total touchdowns this year by accident).

When Wentz has a good QBR against winning teams all of a sudden it means something, even with a 5-6 record. Still making excuses for Wentz even if games that the Eagles lost. As they said for Dak, why should good QBRs and stats matter in games that was lost. Against the Vikings it was "Why did Dak do enough to win." But Wentz is supposed to get credit for having a decent QBR in games that the Eagles lost?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

Remember when everyone declared Wentz as being elite enough to carry any average offensive player and also how PFF ranks the Eagles O Line as top 5. But, some say that they are as good as the Cowboys O Line.