Twitter: Daks QBR against winning teams

HungryLion

Reaction score
No comparison is needed. The only thing that should matter to a Cowboy fan is how well the Cowboy’s starting QB has done in those situations.

I think the comparison is needed. If the cowboys do move on from Dak. How likely is it they can find a QB who is better in those situations?

It’s a key part of the argument. Letting Dak walk only makes sense if you can replace him with somebody better. Or, replace him with somebody of a similar level of play, for less money.

Even as somebody who likes Dak. I recognize the Cowboys could potentially find a better QB. An elite QB. I also recognize that it’s really really hard for a team to get a guy like that.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Whole team is dogging it vs good teams

But I strongly agree that he shouldnt be in the MVP conversation.
The contrast is just so stark between Dak piles on the stats vs weak pass Ds vs how he play vs the few that have been good.

Just to be fair though, most QBs not named Jackson have been fairly average vs good pass defenses this year.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the comparison is needed. If the cowboys do move on from Dak. How likely is it they can find a QB who is better in those situations?

It’s a key part of the argument. Letting Dak walk only makes sense if you can replace him with somebody better. Or, replace him with somebody of a similar level of play, for less money.

Even as somebody who likes Dak. I recognize the Cowboys could potentially find a better QB. An elite QB. I also recognize that it’s really really hard for a team to get a guy like that.

So now we stay without a passing game cause we might not find such an average to below-average QB of Daks stature.
LOL....Bud, how did you like the Bills QB? You know he was drafted, right?
You see that cannon of an arm that kid has and in turn, Dak will never have?
Finding a franchise QB as in life is not guaranteed in the draft but mediocrity and an inept offense is with Dak!
Time to move on from fantasy land and start acting like a Cowboy fan, not a Dak-Groupie.....

Qcard

Reaction score

Let’s discuss. This is interesting

This has got be the laziest tv producing I've seen in awhile. Click bait and discussion salad...

If you want know how Dak's fairs against good teams look at his QBR In the Playoffs!!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This must be all time not this season and I have no idea why stats from prior years have any implications for this year's MVP.

Here are Daks stats against teams with winning records this season:

New Orleans - 22-33, 67%, 223 yds, 1 Int, QBR 73.2
Green Bay - 27-44, 61.3%, 463 yds, 2 TDs, 3 Int, QBR 83.8
Minnesota - 28-46, 60.8%, 397 yds, 3 TDs, 1 Int, QBR 101.5
New England - 19-33, 57.5%, 212 yds, 1 Int, QBR 64.2
Buffalo - 32-49, 65.3%, 355 yds, 2 TD, 1 Int, QBR 91.8

That New England game in that weather was a problem for both QBs and only 1 TD was scored in the game.

I am not suggesting Dak belongs in the conversation for MVP, the kid in Baltimore is way ahead of Dak in that race, but Dak has not been all that bad in games against winning teams this year and certainly not a QBR below 50. That is total BS. Unfortunately, Dak had a terrible game yesterday and it was not measured in stats, which were okay. Dak looked off yesterday and that is not in dispute.
Well QBR is just a rating, that does not mean a lot. I prefer pass completion % and dak has been good in that area.
I have not watched the game a 2nd time yet, but dak was ok in that game, they had him passing way too much with a very good pass rush on him,
that is why the fumbles happened.
that was a game they should have fed elliot and pollard at least 35 carries for the 2 of them. Also they should tell dak in that situation to take off and run
more from passing play, especially early in the game.
each game is different, some go with more passing, some needs more running, but JG does not adjust to defense and neither does kellen.

Nav22

Reaction score
No comparison is needed. The only thing that should matter to a Cowboy fan is how well the Cowboy’s starting QB has done in those situations.
That’s pretty stupid. No, sorry, it’s REALLY stupid.

If “49 QBR vs winning teams” happened to be the very best in the NFL (which I’m sure it’s not), then yeah, that would matter.

Just like if Dak was worst in the NFL in that stat, that would matter as well.

Funny how you clowns refuse to provide even the most BASIC LEVEL of context to this supposedly damning stat.

Gee, I wonder why!!!
:lmao2:

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s pretty stupid. No, sorry, it’s REALLY stupid.

If “49 QBR vs winning teams” happened to be the very best in the NFL (which I’m sure it’s not), then yeah, that would matter.

Just like if Dak was worst in the NFL in that stat, that would matter as well.

Funny how you clowns refuse to provide even the most BASIC LEVEL of context to this supposedly damning stat.

Gee, I wonder why!!!

It's all falling apart for you Dak-Employees.
First NO mega-deal and now the unmasking once again of mediocre Dak.
Pray for the Tag cause at this point by season's end even that won't be an option for Dak!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
This must be all time not this season and I have no idea why stats from prior years have any implications for this year's MVP.

Here are Daks stats against teams with winning records this season:

New Orleans - 22-33, 67%, 223 yds, 1 Int, QBR 73.2
Green Bay - 27-44, 61.3%, 463 yds, 2 TDs, 3 Int, QBR 83.8
Minnesota - 28-46, 60.8%, 397 yds, 3 TDs, 1 Int, QBR 101.5
New England - 19-33, 57.5%, 212 yds, 1 Int, QBR 64.2
Buffalo - 32-49, 65.3%, 355 yds, 2 TD, 1 Int, QBR 91.8

That New England game in that weather was a problem for both QBs and only 1 TD was scored in the game.

I am not suggesting Dak belongs in the conversation for MVP, the kid in Baltimore is way ahead of Dak in that race, but Dak has not been all that bad in games against winning teams this year and certainly not a QBR below 50. That is total BS. Unfortunately, Dak had a terrible game yesterday and it was not measured in stats, which were okay. Dak looked off yesterday and that is not in dispute.

quarterback rating and QBR are two completely different stats. You posted QB ratings, but labeled them QBR which they’re not.

Nav22

Reaction score
It's all falling apart for you Dak-Employees.
First NO mega-deal and now the unmasking once again of mediocre Dak.
Pray for the Tag cause at this point by season's end even that won't be an option for Dak!
Only a complete idiot could possibly think Dak won’t get paid.

Prepare to have your whole world come crashing down, you lowly dolt.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Let’s discuss. This is interesting

Not that interesting if you can do math.

Winning teams are better teams are harder teams to beat.

The "average" QBR across the league is 50. What's the average QBR against *winning* teams? It's gonna be lower. Hence Dak's QBR is against winning teams is *higher* than the average against winning teams.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody stated Philly is impressive. This forum loves to crap on Wentz while talking up Prescott with raw statistics - yet, when you break it down, give context, then suddenly these odd narratives that you're pushing come out "Well, Eagles have a soft schedule" - Like, what the hell are you even on about? They are an NFC East team, their schedule is nearly identical to ours, they have at least shown they can beat a good team even WHEN injured.

The standards YOU set for Wentz and the Eagles seem to be higher than the ones you set for the Cowboys. You're okay with mediocrity, but other teams have to be world beaters of you to be impressed.

Eagles at least have a Super Bowl victory in recent memory.
But they can't beat us so you should be happy.