Dalton throws for 300+ yds: fans say keep him. Dak threw for 450+ yds 3 times, fans say cut him?

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
So you've got nothing but to act like an immature clown? Got it. Go play with your balloons. Leave the football talk to serious fans.

Yeah, cause NFL network is “serious” when they make up hypotheticals and you pretend they are real.
LOL.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
So you've got nothing but to act like an immature clown? Got it. Go play with your balloons. Leave the football talk to serious fans.

Yeah, cause NFL network is “serious” when they make up hypotheticals and you pretend they are real.
LOL.

csirl

Reaction score
Dak is clearly a top 10 QB...undisputed....stats support that....and when surveyed 50 FO personnel, their opinions (that are more valid than anyone on this board) validated it.

with Dak we were always competitive against better teams.....trying to compensate for a defense that sucked, historically sucked.

with dalton we got blown out by three average teams...I mean literally blown out by over 20 points...not competitive what so ever.

but hey, we just beat three 4-10 teams, with their back up QBs....and you want to roll the dice with Dalton? teams in the playoffs aren't 4-10....just so you know.

Again we get the Dalton comparisons :banghead:
Im sure Dak is also better than Cooper Rush if you want to limit future Cowboys starters to players already on the roster. Try to broaden your horizons a little.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The FA I am interested in keeping are Looney, Awuzie, Smith, Brown, Niswander, Wilson, Brown, and Woods. none of them are going to demand significant money because they are backups and marginal starters.

This notion that we are going to be able to find some difference making defensive players from the money that we save by not signing Dak is simply a non-starter for me.

It was all the vogue about five years ago to point at the Denver broncos and claim that it was a trusted method but history since much like the decades before it has proven differently.

When it comes to roster construction and dax contract the question boils down to whether or not we are going to be able to sign the current team free agents and our draft picks. I don't think there's any question that we can.

Dak is a very efficient and productive quarterback. He generates a lot of yards throws very few picks and his offense scores lots of points. People that ignore that, the defense, and special teams then turn around and wave their hands at the win loss record reek of bias.

It is the same type of bias that had Cam Newton as the MVP a few years ago. He was not efficient nor productive yet his team won. Football is the ultimate team sport bar none.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
Hey Falco, Gene Hackman HATES left handed pocket passers!
tenor.gif

visionary

Reaction score
I don't celebrate and jump up and down and go woohoo because we beat 3 4-10 teams, yet get our arses handed to us against average teams....

Yet that’s exactly what happened to us in the first 4 games this year (1-3) against teams of whom only 1 (Seattle) will make the playoffs this year with your boy, Dak, running the show with this coaching staff

so now Dak needs a third coaching staff, a great defense, a great OL to even win against average teams?

and you want him paid 40 million/y and you’re “not a Dak fan”

:omg::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I'm not leaving that out at all. I've always said Dak needs to settle for somewhere in the low 30s with around 6 years a contract in order to give the Cowboys the chance to create cap space for other key players. If Dak refuses to work with Jerry, especially now with Dak's injury, I would place a transition tag on him and be happy to get two 1st round picks for him (which NFL Network said there are several teams who are interested in Dak if the Cowboys aren't for financial reasons).
You’re referring to the “non exclusive “ franchise tag.
Cant see Cowboys going that direction.

mardwin

Reaction score
Every game is different, we cannot know if Dak would have had a 3 game winning streak, or not. Looking at Dalton's career, he had stretches where he played very well, others where he didn't.

But after 9 years he had no playoff wins, and was well known for not handling pressure very well. You know what you have in Dalton, and Dak.

Factoring in their ages and history, I just am on the keep Dak side. I've consistently said I don't think he's the supposed "elite" quarterback, but he's very good, just don't see Dalton, based on 9 years in Cincy, that he's better than Dak....

My argument is not that Dalton is better but that he represents a better value than Dak and the front office can build a more balance team by resigning him and grooming a QB.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dalton is proving he’s better than Dak.

This guy walked into an OL that had third stringers and plugged in with no time to gel. He didn’t even have Martin. His first game starting, Zeke fumbled twice in the first half when he was moving the ball.

Moore had no chance to use play-action in that context, because all teams did was blitz. It’s hilarious people think Dak would have put up ‘stats’ in this context. In the last game he played in against the Browns, he was staring down his first reads all day in play-action and should have had like 8 INTs. This whole offense for Dak is built off play action. That’s why he threw the pick to Cooper on the play his fans claimed Cooper gave up in the route. It was basically the same exact play he lucked out in the first quarter, where the second DB was a split second late. And with the OL completely destroyed, there is no way play-action was even viable during that stretch. Hell, we almost won with DeNucci when Moore decided to actually run the ball behind Martin. But Moore, for whatever reason, decided to start off by having his WRs play Qb and throw the ball.

Now that the bum OL has developed some consistency, Dalton is leading this team period. This is without Martin as well and our RUnning game being shot. This guy is taking advantage of the man coverage he’s seeing in Gallup. Hes actually leading WRs and giving them ample space to run, like he did to Cooper on that sick cut. He’s not throwing back-breaking INTs and putting the ball in the end zone. Dak last year, as the season went on, got exposed once again.

Dak had five years of excuses, when we were solid on OL, RG and even defensively in terms of scoring. We are in rebuild mode because we wasted the roster on the Dak experiment. It’s not the other way around.

Last edited:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Crazy times we are living in. :facepalm:

Crazy times alright, and you need some serious therapy otherwise your love of Dak is going to be your downfall.

OK, so now that I don't agree with your take on Dak, you can start with the insults like you do with every other poster that does not have your obsession with Dak like you do. Seek medical help immediately, you are living in crazy times...in your head.