Dalton throws for 300+ yds: fans say keep him. Dak threw for 450+ yds 3 times, fans say cut him?

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
If the FO was sold that Prescott was their guy he would be signed.
Instead we are watching the exact same process that WASH used handling Cousins.

Slick

Reaction score
OMG. as expected each week the exageration of Dak's contract gets bigger...now he wants to be the highest paid player in history...when did that happen? are you telling me Dak wants a 10 year 500M contract? the whole argument of the contract was about the 5th year, averaging about 35M......

the other one (Dalton) absolutely sucks. down right awful. he just beat 3 4-10 teams, needing 9 turnovers, a defensive TD and a special teams TD to do it. barely passing for 200 on two of them. he has yet to beat a team with 7 wins. and he is 0-5 in the playoffs and 1-12 in games that matter....I guess you like losing and high draft picks for consolation and participation trophy....
Daks overpaid at anything above over $27M.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
When have 50 NFL FO personnel said this? The general concensus going into this season was that Dak was "around" 8-12 range. I have no problem with that line of thinking. The comment that i originally responded to was that he was #1. That is not a credible comment.

there were a bunch of articles that was posted on the message board over the summer and earlier this season.....

Dak was #1 passing yards.......prior to his injury.....

it took him 4.5 games...it took Dalton 8.5 games to surpass that total....he was #2 passing total last year... IMO, this is how I rank the current NFL QBs by groups of 5

Top 5
Mahomes, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, Jackson

Second 5
Josh Allen, Watson, Dak Prescott, Brady, Tannehill

third 5
Rothlisberger, Cousins
You may need 2 OT. 1 safety. 2 LBs. 2 DTs. 1 QB. 1 K. 1 CB. Those holes.
so you plan to fill those holes with 20M....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How many times has Dak? He found lots of ways not to last year. Losing 4 of the last 6. That's not elite. I wish AD was there to see how that might have went instead.
how many times did Dak win in 2018 and get us to the playoffs?

Slick

Reaction score
Sorry, Dalton SUCKS....he hasn't beaten a team with 7 wins in 2 years.....and he needs a lot of help and luck to get those wins. he has shown in 2 years he can beat bottom feeders, that are ailing, but fold like a cheap lawn chair against average teams....

he is not top 30 starting QB......he doesn't have skills any longer. he is 31...you don't build a team around a 31 year old...he was never elite, never great....ala Peyton when he went to Denver for a team to build anything around him. the only attractive thing about him is cost....if you are looking to maximize profits you sign him and be content with being in the 4-7 victory range for several years and get the high draft picks for consolation.
He's leading a team to wins.....more than Dak did. The real difference this year is they they didn't start off strong and finish weak like all the other times before.

Slick

Reaction score
LOL you are stuck in 2010 salaries.... just to let you know its 2020
I'm not.....I'm straight up telling you what Dak is worth per year in 2020 money. If they were perennial playoff contenders under his leadership then he'd be worth more. It's not there.......And you pay for what they "will do", not what they did.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He's leading a team to wins.....more than Dak did. The real difference this year is they they didn't start off strong and finish weak like all the other times before.
he is leading team to win against 4-10 teams, lets just all do a kumbaya together and go woohoo!!!

against average teams like Ravens, WFT and AZ, he folded like a cheap k-mart lawn chair...

the difference is this year, they are wrapping up against 4 4-11 teams in a row....if you followed football and understood you could look at the teams we played last year and look up their records....

you are welcome

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How did that work out? As well as AD did.
we went to playoffs and won against Seattle. Lost to rams on the road when defense gave up 200 yards rushing....

How do you think Dalton is going to do against lets say Tampa in the playoffs because we play in the absolute worst division in football, probably history of football where a 6-10 team can actually make the playoffs....

Triple D's record against average teams is 0-4, 38-10, 27-3, 34-17, 41-16.... that's what we scored against Ravens, WFT and AZ.....not even close to being called semi competitive since most of those points came in garbage time. but hey he beat up on 4-11 teams, with the help of defense getting 9 turnovers, scoring once and special team scoring.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm not.....I'm straight up telling you what Dak is worth per year in 2020 money. If they were perennial playoff contenders under his leadership then he'd be worth more. It's not there.......And you pay for what they "will do", not what they did.
no, you really are stuck in 2010.....wake up...you are dreaming....

and let me get this straight. you are saying this team is under Dak's leadership, defense be damned, special teams be damned, coaches be damned...great....I guess he should be asking for more if he is responsible for those areas.....

Diehardblues

Reaction score
True statement, and I see nothing wrong with that. As long as he doesn't get hurt when they decline, because their responsibility is to put the team first.
Totally agree. It’s why there’s negotiations.

But I’m not sure squeezing a few million from who the owners think is their QB , if that causes him to walk , is what’s best for the team. I guess it depends where you are with Our QB.

Slick

Reaction score
he is leading team to win against 4-10 teams, lets just all do a kumbaya together and go woohoo!!!

against average teams like Ravens, WFT and AZ, he folded like a cheap k-mart lawn chair...

the difference is this year, they are wrapping up against 4 4-11 teams in a row....if you followed football and understood you could look at the teams we played last year and look up their records....

you are welcome
If you followed you'd realize that Dak's stats were piled on against teams that had a huge lead and in a prevent defense, and against weak teams.......so what? Dalton is a way better value......you can't deny that no matter how much you kiss Dak's behind.

Where's all Dak's huge stats against top teams?

Slick

Reaction score
Totally agree. It’s why there’s negotiations.

But I’m not sure squeezing a few million from who the owners think is their QB if that causes him to walk is what’s best for the team. I guess it depends where you are with Our QB.
I honestly feel if they were invested in Dak, a deal would have been done like all the others Jerry couldn't let go in the past. That still speaks volumes that it didn't get done.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If you followed you'd realize that Dak's stats were piled on against teams that had a huge lead and in a prevent defense, and against weak teams.......so what? Dalton is a way better value......you can't deny that no matter how much you kiss Dak's behind.

so in your opinion, if a team is within a score with 3 minutes to go, its garbage stats...

well, if in your opinion Dak collected garbage stats, Dalton couldn't even do that...we got plain BLOWN out by AVERAGE teams.....he couldn't keep us close to any team with more than 6 wins...BLOWN OUT

Dalton Value? if you are looking at the bottom line trying to save money.....for NFL wins, beating 4-11 teams only gets you to top 10 pick...perhaps that's what you are trying to accomplish and get a top 10 pick.

or you are easily impressed by a never been QB barely cracking 200 yards passing and needing defense to get 9 turnovers to win games....

btw, can you tell me the last time the defense had 9 turnovers in 3 games?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I honestly feel if they were invested in Dak, a deal would have been done like all the others Jerry couldn't let go in the past. That still speaks volumes that it didn't get done.
I’d say actions speak louder than words but I’d also argue that the actions aren’t all in yet.

They can still franchise tag him again and drag the drama out for more data to confirm the investment and aiding their negotiations.

From the reactions I saw from our ownership after negotiations failed , my impression was they felt an opportunity was missed to get a deal done.

I really think they thought Dak would accept at the last minute. I’ll be surprised if they let him walk based solely on what they’ve said. We shall see. But I have little faith our dysfunctional organization will make the right decision.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

show me stats for all the top QB against top teams....or do you like to just measure in a vaccum?

as of last year.....Rodgers is 32-39-1 against teams with a winning record, Eli manning 32-77, rivers 33-53, Dak 11-11, Wilson 26-21, Stafford 7-56, Brees 49-65, Brady 70-40, Ryan 28-43, Goff 10-10, Dalton 21-32-1

LOL

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
once they past june, they couldn't get a deal done, until next off season....putting a franchise tag was always an option they could go to, to ensure you get a second chance at it....franchising a player speaks volumes