Daniel Jeremiah Mock 1.0 - Wentz at 4

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
It's going to be interesting over the next few months as to who the NFL thinks is the best QB in this class.

That will be whoever Cleveland takes at 2. I think they take Goff because he is the more plug and play QB.

JBS

Reaction score
I don't see the big arm...at all

I don't see the ability to process information quickly and go through reads either...

Where can I find these traits from wentz...bc I haven't seen them

texbumthelife

Reaction score
We do so much downfield that I would just hate to see us get a guy who can do nothing but hang in the pocket. Garrett would ruin a player like that.

Gonna isn't going to take off on 20 yard runs, but he has better pocket awareness than either Lynch or Wentz. In fact, one of his knocks has been that he has had 'happy feet' due to taking some big hits.

As an aside, since 2012, we have ranked 11th, 1st, 25th and 13th in passes 20+ yards down field. In passes 40+ yards downfield we ranked 11th, 20th, 3rd and 17th. This team is kind of all over the map in that regard, just like they are in every stat under Garrett.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That will be whoever Cleveland takes at 2. I think they take Goff because he is the more plug and play QB.

Maybe so but Goff hasn't done much under center like Wentz has so I don't know if Goff is a slam dunk as a plug and play.

Also, I can't help but see a bit of Sam Bradford in Goffs game.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Gonna isn't going to take off on 20 yard runs, but he has better pocket awareness than either Lynch or Wentz. In fact, one of his knocks has been that he has had 'happy feet' due to taking some big hits.

As an aside, since 2012, we have ranked 11th, 1st, 25th and 13th in passes 20+ yards down field. In passes 40+ yards downfield we ranked 11th, 20th, 3rd and 17th. This team is kind of all over the map in that regard, just like they are in every stat under Garrett.

Pocket awareness can be taught. Neither qb is playing immediately anyway. Get the most talented guy and coach them up no matter who it is.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Pocket awareness can be taught. Neither qb is playing immediately anyway. Get the most talented guy and coach them up no matter who it is.

And you can't watch Wentz and Goff and not see the clear talent gap.

I just hope Cleveland doesn't spot it as well.

JBS

Reaction score
And you can't watch Wentz and Goff and not see the clear talent gap.

I just hope Cleveland doesn't spot it as well.

Yeah..goff is like way better..let's hope cle doesn't see that

visionary

Reaction score
Talk about all over the place......And to think this guy actually follows football for a living....:omg:

He's got 8 guys in that mock that I don't think go in the 1st round......

Eli Apple - CB, Ohio State
Sheldon Rankins - DT, Louisville
Hunter Henry - TE, Arkansas
Vernon Butler - DT, Louisiana Tech
Kyler Fackrell - LB, Utah State
Ryan Kelly - C, Alabama
Karl Joseph - S, West Virginia
Kevin Dodd - DE, Clemson

Lol, daniel Jeremiah is s very good scout

IAmLegend

Reaction score
I don't get why you guys are so caught up on his competition when his talent absolutely jumps off the screen.

Forget his competition.

6'6 QBs that are mobile, can run, accurate, and have big arms don't come around very often.

You make the pick and you let a beast of a talent sit behind Romo and learn from him for 2 or 3 years.

For me, it's more of the fact that he's only started one full season in his college career and still has questions about his accuracy, particularly with his deep ball, as well as his decision making. Was inconsistent throughout his college career on the intermediate-to-deep routes. Level of competition is just one of the many concerns. Not saying he's not a good prospect, or that he can't be good, but there's a lot of question marks surrounding Wentz, a lot more than there should be for a Top 5 pick.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yeah..goff is like way better..let's hope cle doesn't see that

Goff doesn't have near the talent imo..

Goff does seem very good at reading defenses but he does play in a spread offense so take that into consideration with him.

Physically, Wentz is superior.

JBS

Reaction score
Goff has the most upside bc mentally he's far more advanced than any of these other qbs

This position is played between the ears...

bodi

Reaction score
Did anyone watch the game against Jacksonville State? His numbers were pretty awful. 55% completion, 197 yards, 6.8 average, 1 TD, 2 INT. He did run 9 times for 79 yards and 2 TDs but I could care less about how he is as a runner.

yea but he had not played since Oct

JBS

Reaction score
Brugler says Wentz is a souped up A. Smith

A. Smith is garbage

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Goff has the most upside bc mentally he's far more advanced than any of these other qbs

This position is played between the ears...

I disagree. Goff does not have the highest upside, IMO. If anything, he's more tapped out than the other two. I like Goff too. I'm happy with one of Goff, Lynch or Wentz.

JBS

Reaction score
I disagree. Goff does not have the highest upside, IMO. If anything, he's more tapped out than the other two. I like Goff too. I'm happy with one of Goff, Lynch or Wentz.

How far do physical traits take a qb? The best qbs win the battle w their brain at the Los...yes, there are baseline traits that qbs must possess to succeed...but the best qbs aren't the best bc of their physical skills

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
How far do physical traits take a qb? The best qbs win the battle w their brain at the Los...yes, there are baseline traits that qbs must possess to succeed...but the best qbs aren't the best bc of their physical skills

Romo wasnt the smartest coming out. Thats what coaching and studying are for.