Draft Day ***Day one Draft Thread***

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Okay, so is Lamb a great improvement over Cobb? A slight improvement won't help much, Lamb better be a huge upgrade over Cobb...

Cobb is just a slot WR, he cant play on the outside.

Lamb can play both, he can play inside as your slot WR or he can move outside and play on the boundry and be equally effective at both.

At Oklahoma last year, he scored 7 TDs lined up as a slot WR and 7 TDs lined up outside.

What I am saying is that he can run the entire route tree for you, Cobb cant. So yes, he is an upgrade over Cobb just due to his flexibility.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Shoutout to Bill O'Brien for overpaying Randall Cobb and making this all possible

Also shoutout to the Eagles for beating us in week 16, ensuring we get the higher pick and allowing us to take Ceede Lamb

Yep, losing to Philly's practice squad was the best thing to happen to this franchise in the last decade.:yourock:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The Titans really have their s$*t together.
llbqmIQ.jpg
Who the hell are those two goofy looking dudes standing behind Vrabel?

That dude on the left looks like he is wearing a full body condom, what the hell?

Oneiros

Reaction score

Lamb can play both, he can play inside as your slot WR or he can move outside and play on the boundry and be equally effective at both.

At Oklahoma last year, he scored 7 TDs lined up as a slot WR and 7 TDs lined up outside.

What I am saying is that he can run the entire route tree for you, Cobb cant. So yes, he is an upgrade over Cobb just due to his flexibility.
What's exciting about this is we can rotate both Cooper and Lamb between the slot or outside depending on the matchup.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What's exciting about this is we can rotate both Cooper and Lamb between the slot or outside depending on the matchup.

Excellent point.

You might have a play designed with Lamb outside and Cooper in the slot and then motion Gallop across creating mismatches everywhere.

No way teams can stack 8 guys in the box to stop Zeke now, this offense is going to be crazy!!!

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are now tied with the Chiefs and the most formidable offense in the league.

Gaede

Reaction score
Obviously, corner and pass rush are still our top needs. I'd like to see YGM there, if not, Gallimore would be a sweet pickup in the second. I'd be cool with Diggs or Fulton, or Delpit or McKinney too.

I'd list my preferences as:
McKinney
Gallimore
YGM
Diggs
Fulton
Delpit

But we'll see a lot of these guys go early in the second.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
In looking in at the draft picks through whatever web cams they had set up it would appear many of them either have really large families they live with on a full time basis or some were ignoring distancing measures.

I imagine Jerry Jones was visited by the ghost of Randy Moss as he was deciding whom to take in the first round.

OldJarhead

Reaction score

He played in a spread offense where the slots are the first look. He played in the Big12, not a conference known for defense. Not knocking the player, just saying you have to look at all the factors.
Dak is a prime example of stats being misleading.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I wouldn't make moves thinking about the Eagles but I won't lie I'd sure laugh my *** off at that lol.
I believe you are correct we didnt need Lamb at all that high but took him away from Philly and then Chaisson was philly next target and got taken,... do you think Lamb is far better then Raegor? there were so many great WRS in this draft not sure who wins or loses..

blueblood70

Reaction score
WR is not a need. Not at all. They should not have signed Cooper then.
however we need a slot guy and BPA comes in play.. I was shocked but truly Ceedee was regarded the best WR in adeep draft, yes it can be debated but many had him #1 , how can you pass on that at 17?im still a bit taken aback but I can see why they di it..I believe you are correct we didnt need Lamb at all that high but took him away from Philly and then Chaisson was philly next target and got taken,... do you think Lamb is far better then Raegor? there were so many great WRS in this draft not sure who wins or loses..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well I guess we don't need a TE with the 3 wr's we have. Dak sign the contract son. Lets GOOOOOO.
who in the NFCE can cover up our Receiver core including our TEs? spread out and then pollard and Zeke eat like its thanksgiving all 16 games..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I really didn't expect us to go BPA and to have that good a player available. That's a great get for Dallas. The speed that we'll have with Cooper, Gallup, Lamb, Pollard, and Zeke in some sets will be pretty difficult to stop.
:yourock::hammer:totally agree I was shocked and not sure how it felt but now that I slept on it taking the BPA and making your offense nearly uncoverable is improving the team..crazy pick but its refreshing to just take BPA..