***Day Two Draft Thread***

fishspill

Reaction score
The Smith pick does nothing but support that there is no real plan or philosophy and every move is independent of the next.

Elliott is a win now pick, and although I don't like it, fine if that's your strategy.

Then turn around and spend pick 34 on a guy that wont play next year.

Half assing win now vs. planning for the future will get you nowhere.

It's like they're using focus groups to build a team. No clear, central philosophy.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Grrrrr Jihad Ward was someone I was hoping the Cowboys would get

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Shan Shariff ‏@1053SS 33m33 minutes ago
Jaylon Smith has to be viewed as a luxury pick. #Cowboys don't seem to have that luxury on D.

Steven Van Over ‏@StevenVanOver 35m35 minutes ago
#Cowboys continue tradition getting zero 1st yr value fm 2nd round picks. Love player. Hate redshirt season #NFLDraft2016

Matt Mosley ‏@mattmosley 36m36 minutes ago
Cowboys were determined not to get immediate help with that second pick. They went after Lynch, then Smith.

Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman 37m37 minutes ago
Soooo if someone told me Cowboys were gonna draft a Notre Dame player whose brother is on this team.. I would've been wrong!

DTown214

Reaction score
So now are we hoping A'Shawn Robinson, Jarren Reed, or Andrew Billings fall to the third to us?

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
and now just added another explosive WR.

So they have Beckham, a first year rookie, and Victor Cruz who is basically the Giants version of Miles Austin?

Doesn't strike fear into my hearts. We almost beat them last year and almost beat them with Matt Cassel at QB.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So...we take a RB in rd 1 ("win now!"), and in rd 2 we take a LB who isn't likely to contribute anything in 2016 ("building for the future").

I give up...which is it?

Don't try to figure it out.

Just nod and visit the Pro Shop regularly.

Best advice I can give.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
We were 5th against the pass last year, and 17th in overall defense WITHOUT Scandrick.

Beckham had 5 catches for 44 yards during the first game, and 4 catches for 35 yards in the second - did not have a TD in EITHER game against us last year.

Yeah I don't get it. Our D kept us in games last year. Our O was horrid and we improve that significantly with Zeke and a hopefully healthy Tony.

We will draft more D and may even re-sign Hardy again.

The sky isn't falling and I err more on the side of pessimism.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
So...we take a RB in rd 1 ("win now!"), and in rd 2 we take a LB who isn't likely to contribute anything in 2016 ("building for the future").

I give up...which is it?

Why is that a win now at #4?
We went from a guy on a one year contract paired with a guy on a two year contract to a stud RB who will carry the rushing load for years to come. That pick wasn't about win now in any way. Contrary to those who are only griping about 2016, I think we are finally acquiring true talent for the long haul.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
A 2nd round pick is a 2nd round pick. Its not a 1st rounder. Its not like a late 1st rounder. Its a early 2nd rounder.

Ok but they got reports saying they believe he will play. If he doesn't play I will agree with you it was a terrible pick. As of right now......i'm liking the potential he can bring this team. We don't have anyone like that and this is what everyone wanted. Not with the injury history of course but the potential was worth the risk.

I think what everyone wanted was a starter who can help the team win now. We aren't good enough to be making luxury picks.

J817

Reaction score
So now are we hoping A'Shawn Robinson, Jarren Reed, or Andrew Billings fall to the third to us?

Of course, Jerry is hoping every player with 1st and 2nd round grades somehow fall to us in the 3rd