***Day Two Draft Thread***

LittleD

Reaction score
Cowboys have been .500 for over a decade for a reason

Draft irrelevant position. Draft a player who may never see the field

Par for the course

Why put up with this abuse... Head over to the Raiders board and sign up for free. By the way don't dream of coming back for this unhappiness.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised no one has drafted Cook. Surprised by the intelligence in the league.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I have to think their going QB in 3rd now

Got my fingers crossed for....Javon Hargrave DT South Carolina St.

http://i201.***BLOCKED***/albums/aa181/Floatyworm/Javon%20Hargrave%20DT%20South%20Carolina%20St.2.jpg~original

canters

Reaction score
if Prescott is there when we pick in the third, I will crap myself.

LittleD

Reaction score
Im happy about the pick!! Does anyone know the exact time table? Would be nice to have a fresh Jaylon Smith in the playoffs.

They just interviewed him on the DC.com draft show. He has been running for 3 weeks. Looks like the nerve just woke up....Guys get a clue.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
A 2nd round pick is a 2nd round pick. Its not a 1st rounder. Its not like a late 1st rounder. Its a early 2nd rounder.

Ok but they got reports saying they believe he will play. If he doesn't play I will agree with you it was a terrible pick. As of right now......i'm liking the potential he can bring this team. We don't have anyone like that and this is what everyone wanted. Not with the injury history of course but the potential was worth the risk.

Funny how that logic didn't apply when thinking of the ammo needed to move up for the QBs. Board backlash to trade up reiterated this over and over bc of how valuable our 34th pick was. Yeah we wasted that anyway. So now just the third/Leary/next year pick (even 1st). If Romo is healthy all year even w evidence recently contradicting that assumption, it would have been a mere late first round pick, so what's the beef?

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
People...

This guy was regarded as possibly the best player in the entire draft before his injury.

He will be a great player! Better than taking Spence, who's a suspension waiting to happen, reaching for a QB, or going with Jack.

How is it better than going with Jack?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think what everyone wanted was a starter who can help the team win now. We aren't good enough to be making luxury picks.

Well I agree with that. I don't consider it a luxury pick. I consider it a boom or bust pick which is pretty much what the 2nd round pick is. I'm not a fan of it but I can't just forget what Jaylan Smith was at one point.