***Day Two Draft Thread***

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Our team physician is pretty confident, and seeing as he has a medical degree and a professional relationship with the player in question, I am inclined to trust him.

There is only one being who can know and I am sure hoping he is a cowboys fan.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
I have a question. As a medical professional, isn't the surgeon obligated to disclose whatever information he has to all 32 teams, regardless of his team's affiliation? If so, did we actually have insiders information?

His opinion should drive our confidence the most as he's our guy.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
We were 5th against the pass last year, and 17th in overall defense WITHOUT Scandrick.

Beckham had 5 catches for 44 yards during the first game, and 4 catches for 35 yards in the second - did not have a TD in EITHER game against us last year.

We couldn't score TDs or even FGs at times if we were lucky to get that close in opponent's territory. Teams knew there was no reason to risk it. Wear down the D, let the O go 3 and out. Victory.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
We were 5th against the pass last year, and 17th in overall defense WITHOUT Scandrick.

Beckham had 5 catches for 44 yards during the first game, and 4 catches for 35 yards in the second - did not have a TD in EITHER game against us last year.

Don't throw around those facts. We're screwed. Close up shop for a year.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Yes he has to release info, it's probably a one page report with boxes to fill in and a few paragraphs about the surgery and prospects for recovery.

But come on, he saw the kids ligaments, his cartilage, all that mess in there (thats a medical term). There's a reason athletes have pro days and scouts actually travel to see them in person. You can't replace what you see with your own eyes backed by the hundreds of knees you've seen in surgery with a report issued to all 32 teams. I have to trust a renowned surgeon more and a cowboys FO a little less on this one, and I'm okay with that.

What he saw when the knee was opened up has nothing to do with a nerve that hasn't and may never wake up. There is no way he told the Cowboys anything that was withheld from the other 31 teams. Smith and his agent would never allow that to happen unless Dallas promised to take him early. If it comes out tomorrow that his knee is farther along that previous thought and he may play this year, then yes, I'd say the Cowboys, doctor, Smith, and his agent sandbagged the league but I find that hard to believe because if that was the case, he could have gone even earlier.

LittleD

Reaction score
This franchise makes no sense. You take a win now guy in Elliot then a win later guy in smith . Man I'm getting a bottle of jacks . I was so happy yesterday . Now I feel crappy

Take a couple of Prozac's with that Jack and head to the basement. Don't watch anymore draft for at least a year.

coogrfan

Reaction score
So...we take a RB in rd 1 ("win now!"), and in rd 2 we take a LB who isn't likely to contribute anything in 2016 ("building for the future").

I give up...which is it?

Daillest88

Reaction score

and now just added another explosive WR.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Reading up on Smith. This article is much more positive than I was expecting. http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/01/08/jaylon-smith-knee-injury-full-recovery-notre-dame and the line that seems to contradict the reports that I'm hearing is "
There were reports of possible nerve damage within the knee, which would have loomed much larger for Smith's immediate future. But the source offered a positive report about that after the surgery.

"The nerve was healthy and in great condition," the source said."

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Aren't high 2nd rounders graded as first rounders in the following draft? We spent a 1st rounder (in value) on a player we have to IR until 2017. Now I feel sicker...

A 2nd round pick is a 2nd round pick. Its not a 1st rounder. Its not like a late 1st rounder. Its a early 2nd rounder.

You're leaving out the part about nerve damage in his knee that will cause him to miss all of next year, and possibly never play again. He's only a potential top 5 pick if that little injury never occurs.

Ok but they got reports saying they believe he will play. If he doesn't play I will agree with you it was a terrible pick. As of right now......i'm liking the potential he can bring this team. We don't have anyone like that and this is what everyone wanted. Not with the injury history of course but the potential was worth the risk.