***Day Two Draft Thread***

Wayne02

Reaction score
So they have Beckham, a first year rookie, and Victor Cruz who is basically the Giants version of Miles Austin?

Doesn't strike fear into my hearts. We almost beat them last year and almost beat them with Matt Cassel at QB.

You won't be out there covering those guys so you shouldn't fear anything.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Demarco Murray just crapped his pants.......:omg:

Maybe it's just me....But IMO Tennessee has completely butchered this draft.

With all those picks...they could have helped themselves by giving themselves a new identity. Instead...they look like the same bunch of JAGs on paper as they have always been.

LittleD

Reaction score
tumblr_n2ncgmZqNU1t0cscho1_400.gif

Do it! Do it now and give us a vacation.

coogrfan

Reaction score
Why is that a win now at #4?
We went from a guy on a one year contract paired with a guy on a two year contract to a stud RB who will carry the rushing load for years to come. That pick wasn't about win now in any way. Contrary to those who are only griping about 2016, I think we are finally acquiring true talent for the long haul.

Jones the younger all but said that Elliott will be a 1 contract Cowboy. If that's not short term, "win now" thinking, I don't know what is.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Well I agree with that. I don't consider it a luxury pick. I consider it a boom or bust pick which is pretty much what the 2nd round pick is. I'm not a fan of it but I can't just forget what Jaylan Smith was at one point.

2nd rounders generally play in their first year. Screams luxury pick. We were 4-12 last season, not in the playoffs? If you really believe in giving Romo the best chance at a ring, you don't take an IR player @ 34th overall. Illogical.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
After researching for the past 45 minutes, I'm totally in on Jaylon Smith now. He wouldn't have lasted to the third round like we all thought he would. And when he's healthy, he might be the best player in the draft. That was my only hang up- thinking we could have got him later.

We have a lot of elite young talent on this team. We are built for the future but can win now.

And if we can get a Billings type in the third, then our first three rounds will look brilliant.