***Day Two Draft Thread***

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Funny how that logic didn't apply when thinking of the ammo needed to move up for the QBs. Board backlash to trade up reiterated this over and over bc of how valuable our 34th pick was. Yeah we wasted that anyway. So now just the third/Leary/next year pick (even 1st). If Romo is healthy all year even w evidence recently contradicting that assumption, it would have been a mere late first round pick, so what's the beef?

We didn't waste a 2nd round pick. If he doesn't play its a waste. I agree. But I don't think you understand how good Jaylan Smith was prior to being hurt. I don't think the Chargers pass him up if he's healthy.

Ok? So had we drafted with that 2nd round pick then we would've been better than 8-8?

What other gamble has worked out?

Oh wait, is that not fun?

Sean Lee worked out? Dez worked out? What do you mean what gamble has worked out?

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
After researching for the past 45 minutes, I'm totally in on Jaylon Smith now. He wouldn't have lasted to the third round like we all thought he would. And when he's healthy, he might be the best player in the draft. That was my only hang up- thinking we could have got him later.

We have a lot of elite young talent on this team. We are built for the future but can win now.

And if we can get a Billings type in the third, then our first three rounds will look brilliant.

Too bad half this board can't un-burn their jerseys

fivetwos

Reaction score
I really don't recall every being this disappointed with a draft. I spent so much time on this over the last few months and I am so down right now I'm turning it off.

What an absolute disaster of an organization. I cant even root for the drunk to find his way into the box anymore since the kid is apparently just as stupid.

I've seen the last winner in Dallas for my lifetime. That's a shame, but ego Jerry bought the team and will continue to screw it up as he chooses. Is what it is. I lose. Good night.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
Lol at this fan base. Great Pick by the Cowboys this kid is stud and will have a long amazing career. Funny how many think they are Doctors in here. and know better than the Front office.

WebMD says you're wrong ;-)

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
So they have Beckham, a first year rookie, and Victor Cruz who is basically the Giants version of Miles Austin?
Doesn't strike fear into my hearts. We almost beat them last year and almost beat them with Matt Cassel at QB.

You won't be out there covering those guys so you shouldn't fear anything.

I'm more interested in the fact that he has more than one heart.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
All 3 could be there in the 3rd and we'll probably draft a tight end

I like these players, but they are all 1980's type players...no pass rush in the bunch. Run stuffers--that's why guys like Butler and Jones were drafted first.

Daillest88

Reaction score
2nd rounders generally play in their first year. Screams luxury pick. We were 4-12 last season, not in the playoffs? If you really believe in giving Romo the best chance at a ring, you don't take an IR player @ 34th overall. Illogical.

exactly!!

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Wow writing on the wall already for Demarco, future in Tennesse don't look good.

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Jack will play and potentially slowly get worse with his knee.

Our guy may never play, IF the nerve fully recovers he will not have issues after.

BIG IF.

They drafted Elliot to win now, Jack can play now, Smith cannot. That's the bottom line. Jack can play more during the time we have left with Romo, which is clearly what the plan is considering the Elliot pick

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Still reading on smith and still not sold...I get the potential but the 2nd pick with spence right there? This may have been the biggest reach ever for this high of a pick. Man...

J817

Reaction score
I'm 31 years old. I don't even remeber the glory days tbh
What I just witnessed is all I know. I just hope Jerry stumbles here in the 3rd and makes a good pick
I hope this Jalen thing works out tho

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I really don't recall every being this disappointed with a draft. I spent so much time on this over the last few months and I am so down right now I'm turning it off.

What an absolute disaster of an organization. I cant even root for the drunk to find his way into the box anymore since the kid is apparently just as stupid.

I've seen the last winner in Dallas for my lifetime. That's a shame, but ego Jerry bought the team and will continue to screw it up as he chooses. Is what it is. I lose. Good night.

Oh boy...

2009 ring a bell? Remember all the other drafts that we may have been "pumped" about and how poorly they turned out? Felix Jones? Mike Jenkins? Bobby Carpenter? Marcus Spears? Morris Claiborne?

fivetwos

Reaction score
They drafted Elliot to win now, Jack can play now, Smith cannot. That's the bottom line. Jack can play more during the time we have left with Romo, which is clearly what the plan is considering the Elliot pick

No move is ever tied to the next.