***Day Two Draft Thread***

Proximo

Reaction score
Lol at this fan base. Great Pick by the Cowboys this kid is stud and will have a long amazing career. Funny how many think they are Doctors in here. and know better than the Front office.

During draft week football fans magically transform from everyday working joes to pro scouts, NFL GM's, AND medical experts! Quite the phenomenon.

:laugh:

The butt hurt and intense hatred in this thread is unhealthy. But also amusing lol.

I for one, am not going to cry myself to sleep tonight. Plenty of players left to draft, and plenty of offseason and preseason ahead of us before we see what these teams are made of.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Still reading on smith and still not sold...I get the potential but the 2nd pick with spence right there? This may have been the biggest reach ever for this high of a pick. Man...

We have two DEs suspended for drugs and you want another guy with those kind of red flags?

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Sean Lee worked out? Dez worked out? What do you mean what gamble has worked out?

Dez wasn't a gamble. He played year 1 and fell for personal reasons. Sean Lee was picked about where he was projected due to injury

You are committing 4 year 2nd round money who wont play at all year 1. Most teams had him off the board. that is a gamble.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Is Sean Lee really the example you want to use here? He's missed, what, 33 games in his career? He's a great player who you can never depend on to be on the field. If you're telling me Jaylon Smith is another Sean Lee, I'll pass.

Sorry but you can't pass as we already drafted him. The point I was making is Lee barely played his first season, yet I think the majority of our fans are very happy he is on our team.

Dwight

Reaction score
I like Smith but using a second rounder on him was too early.

This team need starters. Jerry and his son are really not doing what's best for the team.

Zman5

Reaction score
Lee, Carter, and now Smith. Cowboys love drafting injured LB in the 2nd round. I'd bet our next pick is going to be a TE after trading some picks to move up in to the second round.

Hardline

Reaction score
I got a feeling the Cowboys are gonna knock the next pick out of the park .

fivetwos

Reaction score
Oh boy...

2009 ring a bell? Remember all the other drafts that we may have been "pumped" about and how poorly they turned out? Felix Jones? Mike Jenkins? Bobby Carpenter? Marcus Spears? Morris Claiborne?

Spent all damn day wrapping my head around the short career span we will get from that #4 pick in order to win now, then they spend 34 on a player that cant play this year, and maybe not at all.

Yeah, I'm upset. Sorry if you don't agree

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
I really don't recall every being this disappointed with a draft. I spent so much time on this over the last few months and I am so down right now I'm turning it off.

What an absolute disaster of an organization. I cant even root for the drunk to find his way into the box anymore since the kid is apparently just as stupid.

I've seen the last winner in Dallas for my lifetime. That's a shame, but ego Jerry bought the team and will continue to screw it up as he chooses. Is what it is. I lose. Good night.

lol

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
No move is ever tied to the next.

Good teams have philosophies and plans, this team does not. This is a player who will likely not even play this year, and we took him over Jack who is just as talented, and will play. Doesn't make sense to take smith over jack