***Day Two Draft Thread***

J817

Reaction score
Lee, Carter, and now Smith. Cowboys love drafting injured LB in the 2nd round. I'd bet our next pick is going to be a TE after trading some picks to move up in to the second round.

This HAS to happen.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Still reading on smith and still not sold...I get the potential but the 2nd pick with spence right there? This may have been the biggest reach ever for this high of a pick. Man...

Don't know if it was a reach. Considering that a linebacker who may or may not need microfacture surgery went a couple of picks later and another who has a heart issue a few picks after that, it appears that teams might have been thinking the same way about all these health-issue LBs. Of course, maybe Dallas just started a trend.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
that's good to hear.. but it wont be helping us in 2016 and romo isn't 30 , a lot of defense of talent that could of helped us this year.. we missed this up

Just more talent to surround our next QB with (who will need the help quite a bit more than Romo does).

It's all about perspective.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Lee, Carter, and now Smith. Cowboys love drafting injured LB in the 2nd round. I'd bet our next pick is going to be a TE after trading some picks to move up in to the second round.

I just told my brother this ...they will take TE next...maybe even move up to get it

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
that's good to hear.. but it wont be helping us in 2016 and romo isn't 30 , a lot of defense of talent that could of helped us this year.. we missed this up

As I said, Boys must feel DLawrence will overturn his suspension to pass up DL talent. We will get a DL, either DT/DE. Let's hope we get an DL.

knightrider94

Reaction score
Potential franchise QB vs. LB. It's that simple.

Both just potential. Both rebuilding picks. Both would be sitting this year. Lynch still would not have played over Moore and would have lost picks trading up for Lynch.

Proximo

Reaction score
Dez wasn't a gamble. He played year 1 and fell for personal reasons. Sean Lee was picked about where he was projected due to injury

You are committing 4 year 2nd round money who wont play at all year 1. Most teams had him off the board. that is a gamble.

LOL you're not thinking clearly. The butt hurt has somehow scrambled your brain.

The Cowboys have cashed in on several gambles in recent history. They've also hit on plenty of draft picks over the past few years- probably more than most teams.

There's plenty of legit gripes for any reasonable fan to have with this organization. I'll never understand why some fans insist on making things up on top of it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dez wasn't a gamble. He played year 1 and fell for personal reasons. Sean Lee was picked about where he was projected due to injury

You are committing 4 year 2nd round money who wont play at all year 1. Most teams had him off the board. that is a gamble.

So "personal reasons" isn't a gamble? Sean Lee had injury concerns too. He was a gamble. You can sit here and downplay these "gambles" but Jerry and co. have been gambling long before now and with the history they have had since 2010...they seem to be doing something right with the draft.

LittleD

Reaction score
Good teams have philosophies and plans, this team does not. This is a player who will likely not even play this year, and we took him over Jack who is just as talented, and will play. Doesn't make sense to take smith over jack

Geez, what a dunce. all 32 teams passed on Jack in the 1st round and some passed on him in the second. The Cowboys had medicals on Jack and decided that
Jalon was a better pick than Jack. What's so hard to understand. Time to take some pills and go sleep it off.

bandfan

Reaction score

I really believe the surgeon has an obligation to his patient to NOT tell anybody anything based on HIPAA regulations. I believe it is up to the patient who gets permission to have that info.....

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Good teams have philosophies and plans, this team does not. This is a player who will likely not even play this year, and we took him over Jack who is just as talented, and will play. Doesn't make sense to take smith over jack

Do you understand that Jack might need MICROSURGERY? Would you risk a 2nd pick for a guy that might not last 1 or 2 seasons. Furthermore, Smith is better than Jack and our Dr did the surgery so I will take his expertise before this fan base gives out medical reports on our players.

Deep_South

Reaction score
If you're going to roll the dice, might as well do it for a player who is mentioned in the same breath as Luke Kuechly. This still could end up being a great draft a few year down the road when we look back.