Reaction score
stealth;1841640 said:
this is easily my least successful threadjack

this thread needs to die, and by die, I mean it needs more cowbell

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;1841641 said:
Haven't you heard? The Golden Child is a victim of instinct. He just can't help himself! Yet somehow Deacon Jones was able to "unlearn" the outlawed head slap. Roy? Too stubborn to change, and now his team must pay the price. In the words of Dr. Phil, "How's that workin' for ya?"
:laugh2: it's amazing how they can say anything other than they don't agree with the rule

superpunk

Reaction score
bbgun;1841641 said:
Haven't you heard? The Golden Child is a victim of instinct. He just can't help himself! Yet somehow Deacon Jones was able to "unlearn" the outlawed head slap. Roy? Too stubborn to change, and now his team must pay the price. In the words of Dr. Phil, "How's that workin' for ya?"

I watched Dr. Phil back when I was an unemployed grandmother.

dbair1967;1841643 said:
no, it isnt

David
http://i32.***BLOCKED***/albums/d2/superpunk2884/3_5071-d1c.gif

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;1841648 said:
:laugh2: it's amazing how they can say anything other than they don't agree with the rule

its amazing how you guys are just as hard headed as we are and you throw stones in our direction

wileedog

Reaction score
Hostile;1841627 said:
Unfortunately. Common sense often is.

Trust me, you would rather be horse collar tackled by me than chop blocked by my 14 year old daughter.

I would rather neither, honestly.

Again, I have no love for the rule, nor justification for it. If it was Marion Barber or Tony Romo breaking it game after game I would come down just as hard on them. I'm not a Roy fan, nor am I a blind detractor.

Its just dumb. And the defense of it is even dumber.

khiladi

Reaction score
The ONLY reason why this rule is even here is because TO got hurt, and Philly was the darling of the league, so people started whining. And people were scared poop-less of Roy, because he was always bringing the pain.

This is just another example of a league bias against the Cowboys. It seems like every single rule that has targetted a specific player is a Cowboys player. People whining about Irvin, Erik Williams, and now Roy Williams. Wait for the Marion Barber rule...

Hoofbite

Reaction score
wileedog;1841639 said:
Except the blocker missed him, watch the video. Reeves is in position to make the play and Roy commits a flagrant personal foul penalty.

This has nothing to do with Roy 'winning', its him making a very foolish choice.

The blocker did not miss. Reeves took the inside. If McNabb is not tackled, McNabb goes to the sideline and reeves would not have made the stop.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
stealth;1841640 said:
this is easily my least successful threadjack

this thread needs to die, and by die, I mean it needs more cowbell

maybe if you leave, then the negative energy that exists in this thread will too

after all, arguments are just negative vibes anways ;)

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1841657 said:
maybe if you leave, then the negative energy that exists in this thread will too

after all, arguments are just negative vibes anways ;)

are you positive about that?

wileedog

Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1841656 said:
The blocker did not miss. Reeves took the inside. If McNabb is not tackled, McNabb goes to the sideline and reeves would not have made the stop.

Don't agree.

Certainly not to the point where it became necessary to commit a flagrant personal foul.

Because like it or not, that is exactly what he did. Again.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1841655 said:
2 trolls getting along

how cute

You and zkill having a slumber party or something? Braiding each other's hair? Crank calling some boys? Be sure to post pix.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;1841666 said:
You and zkill having a slumber party or something? Braiding each other's hair? Crank calling some boys? Be sure to post pix.

I say troll and you immediately think of yourself:laugh2:

wileedog

Reaction score
dbair1967;1841643 said:
no, it isnt

David

Well, yeah it is.

As long as its in the rulebook, no matter how gay, its kinda something everyone has to follow. Even Roy Williams.

Rulebooks are annoying that way.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
bbgun;1841666 said:
:lmao:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
wileedog;1841653 said:
I would rather neither, honestly.

Again, I have no love for the rule, nor justification for it. If it was Marion Barber or Tony Romo breaking it game after game I would come down just as hard on them. I'm not a Roy fan, nor am I a blind detractor.

Its just dumb. And the defense of it is even dumber.
I am a football purist. I like it when they allow the players on both sides of the ball to play the game. The NFL over reacted and we're stuck with it. I hate it and I don't care if my saying so hurts a bunch of people's feelings here.

I understand it is a rule. I understand he has to obey the rule. The bottom line is it is a stupid rule and it does NOT protect players from anything. That's the honest to Pete truth. It doesn't offer one ounce of protection.

Anyone who agrees with this rule will agree when in the future they outlaw a 2nd tackler from trying to bring down the ball carrier if the first guy hasn't done it. That's how ignorant this rule is. It sets a precedent for even more stringent rules against tackling. How that is not obvious is beyond me.

Meanwhile, chop blocking has actually ended careers not just seasons.

But forget all the common sense. This is really about defending the "golden child." :rolleyes:

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1841669 said:
:lmao2:

I'm positive, negativity sticks to you like white on rice

but I eat brown rice...
wait, are you telling me to change my diet?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
stealth;1841676 said:
but I eat brown rice...
wait, are you telling me to change my diet?

brown rice is healthier than white, so no

I hope that doesn't sound too racist

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;1841648 said:

If our "elite, top five" safety can't comply with a rule, just attack the rule. Besides, Roy is not responsible for his actions. Only haters would expect him to get with the program.