Vintage;2321161 said:
This thread needs more thug.

I'll turn my hat backwards.

As requested. The slimmest of em all! :D BOSS HOGG

slim-thug.jpg

Dodger12

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2321092 said:
:It would probably be better for the idiot to get canned now rather than late in the year when Jenkins and Scandrick could have been gaining valuable experience.

On the nosey CL. Trouble just finds this guy and the excuses we're hearing now from some posters are the same that we've heard in the past. Most notably, he hasn't been charged, there was no police report, he wasn't arrested, etc., etc.

The bottom line is what CL posted. The guy is just not reliable or accountable to Jerry Jones or his team mates. Jerry gave the guy a second chance to turn his life around, play football and potentially make millions in the long run. Give me or any responsible person that opportunity and I'm going to take advantage of it. We'll all be holding our breadth as the season progresses waiting for the hammer to fall, wondering if Adam Jones is going to let this team down when it matters the most and then we'll have to throw our young guys into the fire.

Get rid of Pacman now and let the rookies progress. At least you'll know that they'll be there down the stretch.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Jones > Jenkins, Scandrick.

Keep Jones. Gives us a better chance to win now. Especially with Newman getting hurt again. Can we really rely on him this year to be even close to 100%? Maybe. Maybe not. Need Pacman. Time to make it rain.

Win a playoff game, perhaps.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2321163 said:
Thank goodness you don't govern how our society conducts itself. That might be a very scary situation.

I'm not suggesting governing anything. I'm just anti-stupidity, and I advocate being a grownup and taking responsibility for your actions. PacMan has the same freedoms as anyone else does ... play by the rules of your employer, or find a new employer. No one is forcing PacMan to be an NFL player. If being at home at night and staying out of trouble is too restrictive, he's always free to choose another career.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2321184 said:
I'm not suggesting governing anything. I'm just anti-stupidity, and I advocate being a grownup and taking responsibility for your actions. PacMan has the same freedoms as anyone else does ... play by the rules of your employer, or find a new employer. No one is forcing PacMan to be an NFL player. If being at home at night and staying out of trouble is too restrictive, he's always free to choose another career.

Is it in his contract that he has to stay at home?

FCBarca

Reaction score
juckie;2320690 said:
Please read the article.god.

The other thing to consider here is that this is Pacman...He does have a history of 'being in the wrong place at the wrong time'...Plus, as soon as these things occur, agents, lawyers and bodguards all come out to say they did something rather than Adam.

Pac knows full well he was going to be scrutinized and watched more closely because of his past yet still is involved in another similar scenario :rolleyes:

No one knows the facts, certainly not the article but the smell of it definitely stinks

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2321184 said:

That's ridiculous. Under your proposal the NFL should go ahead and write a 10pm curfew into every new contract. Good luck with that! Goodbye NFL. Hello USFL.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Vintage;2321187 said:

Once again, it's amazing to me some people have such a hard time grasping the concept of responsibilities, actions and consequences.

I'll try to explain it to you....

My employer can't force me to stay at home at night, but if I'm showing up for work hung over and can't do my work responsibilities then my employer has every right to fire me.

In Pac Man's case, going out to after parties around intoxicated people puts him in sitautions where he could get suspended. Being suspended means he can't perform his work his job responsibilities.

Don't put yourself in stupid situations that effect your work performance. Especially when you're on your last chance.

khiladi

Reaction score
FCBarca;2321196 said:
The other thing to consider here is that this is Pacman...He does have a history of 'being in the wrong place at the wrong time'...Plus, as soon as these things occur, agents, lawyers and bodguards all come out to say they did something rather than Adam.

And the other thing to consider is that because it involves Pac-man, everything is over-blown... Like another poster pointed out, Marvin Harrison ended up in an incident where a dude was shot...

khiladi

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2321201 said:
My employer can't force me to stay at home at night, but if I'm showing up for work hung over and can't do my work responsibilities then my employer has every right to fire me.

In Pac Man's case, going out to after parties around intoxicated people puts him in sitautions where he could get suspended. Being suspended means he can't perform his work his job responsibilities.

So why would he be suspended if the employer can't force him to stay in the house? I surely grap something and that is the absurdity of your reasoning...

Where has Pac-man performance off-the-field affected the Dallas Cowboys? He is our best player on defense right now... He is showing up to practice and he isn't skipping film-sessions...

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2321201 said:
Once again, it's amazing to me some people have such a hard time grasping the concept of responsibilities, actions and consequences.

Don't put yourself in stupid situations that effect your work performance. Especially when you're on your last chance.

You can go out to the bar and drink. Just limit what you drink. Or not drink at all. Going out isn't the problem. Not handling your alcohol is. Or choosing to drink is.

Going out isn't the problem...

It baffles me how going out = the problem.

No. Its the decision making once you are out that is the problem.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2321201 said:

A great number of very responsible and successful business folks enjoy late nights on a regular basis and still succeed at work. How do you explain that? Do you live in a box?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2321119 said:
I think most of the people that routinely stand up for PacMan are mostly high school and college kids and have very little concept of real world responsibilities. To them the concept that you might have to put aside what you would "like" to do for your real world responsibilities is a foreigh, crazy concept they can't understand.
I think it's some of that, some of not understanding that NFL players agree to the NFL's personal conduct policy when the sign their contract, and probably mostly that the guy is a talented player.

If he were the exact same guy only with Dwayne Goodrich's cover ability, no one would give a damn about defending Pacman.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2321200 said:
That's ridiculous. Under your proposal the NFL should go ahead and write a 10pm curfew into every new contract. Good luck with that! Goodbye NFL. Hello USFL.

Then why aren't players flocking to the AFL in droves to get away from Goodell's rules and go to a place where they can do whatever they want?

Because the NFL pays 10X as much.

If you want a big boy salary, gotta play by big boy rules. More money means more responsibilities. It's a concept most of us aren't unfamiliar with.

WarC

Reaction score
Vintage;2321187 said:

Close enough:
"Per the terms of the trade with the Titans, the Cowboys will get Tennessee's fifth-round pick if Pacman misses any action because of off-field issues after reinstatement, which is pretty much a certainty at this point."

From Tim MacMahon's blog posted by Cbz40 in this post: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131423

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2321208 said:
A great number of very responsible and successful business folks enjoy late nights on a regular basis and still succeed at work. How do you explain that? Do you live in a box?

Question. Are they thugs?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2321208 said:
A great number of very responsible and successful business folks enjoy late nights on a regular basis and still succeed at work.

Has Pac Man shown that he's one of those people?

No. In fact he's been routinely suspended because he's not one of those people.

Then stay at home.