DC.COM Blog: Source Claims Incident Involving Pacman Overblown

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Vintage;2321207 said:
You can go out to the bar and drink. Just limit what you drink. Or not drink at all. Going out isn't the problem. Not handling your alcohol is. Or choosing to drink is.

Going out isn't the problem...

It baffles me how going out = the problem.

No. Its the decision making once you are out that is the problem.

:lmao: Me too. I go out on average once a week. I'm also responsible and successful at work. I must be an anomaly in Roshi's world.

khiladi

Reaction score
WarC;2321212 said:
Close enough:
"Per the terms of the trade with the Titans, the Cowboys will get Tennessee's fifth-round pick if Pacman misses any action because of off-field issues after reinstatement, which is pretty much a certainty at this point."

From Tim MacMahon's blog posted by Cbz40 in this post: http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131423

What defines off-field issues? Where is it stipulated in his contract that he cannot get drunk in his own hotel room?

FCBarca

Reaction score
khiladi;2321203 said:
And the other thing to consider is that because it involves Pac-man, everything is over-blown... Like another poster pointed out, Marvin Harrison ended up in an incident where a dude was shot...

offtopic2.gif
But, whatever happened with Harrison on that incident?...It was the oddest sounding thing that surely looked to have him nailed on shooting that victim...Strange story that one was.

BTW, love the pic of Sho'nuff :cool:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2321217 said:
:lmao: Me too. I go out on average once a week. I'm also responsible and successful at work. I must be an anomaly in Roshi's world.

Its because of Pac's past of going out. Sadly people just want to use it to judge the man.

Everyone on our board (well most everyone) wants to play judge/jury and executioner where Pac is concerned.

Its the nature of the beast. Sadly.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2321217 said:

Ditto (when I interned at a fortune 100 company for the past 4 years).

Obviously my work must have been fine: they kept hiring me back.

Oh noes. The irresponsibility!!!!

WarC

Reaction score
Vintage;2321213 said:
Question. Are they thugs?

No. Businessmen (smart ones, anyway) hire thugs, they aren't thugs themselves. :D

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;2321216 said:
Has Pac Man shown that he's one of those people?

No. In fact he's been routinely suspended because he's not one of those people.

Then stay at home.

Describe "those people" to me. I usually mingle with people from various walks of life when I am out and about.

khiladi

Reaction score
Vintage;2321223 said:
Ditto (when I interned at a fortune 100 company for the past 4 years).

Obviously my work must have been fine: they kept hiring me back.

Oh noes. The irresponsibility!!!!

So if Pac-man goes to an employee Happy Hour and gets drunk with the boss, it is affecting his performance on the job?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2321226 said:
Describe "those people" to me. I usually mingle with people from various walks of life when I am out and about.

Those people = people who wear their hats backwards (disrespectful), have bling, listen to gangsta rap.... loud, drink, and are bla..... blatantly loud.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Vintage;2321231 said:
Those people = people who wear their hats backwards (disrespectful), have bling, listen to gangsta rap.... loud, drink, and are bla..... blatantly loud.

:lmao: Imman? That you? Wrangler? Please step into the light.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2321233 said:
:lmao: Imman? That you? Wrangler? Please step into the light.

Imm's probably the squarest guy in the place. :D

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Don't worry Bleu. I turned my hat frontwards again.

To show some respect on the e-forum.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Do some people seriously not comprehend the difference between Pacman and a rock star or even a "regular person" who goes out at night?

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2321226 said:

"Those people" would include persons who have a rap sheet that doesn't look like this....

July 13, 2005 Arrested and charged with assault and felony vandalism after a nightclub altercation. This began Pacman Jones NFL rap sheet. He already had a lengthy one from high school and college.

September 5, 2005 Jones was invited to attend the Nashville Sports Council Kickoff Luncheon. Jones went off on a verbal tirade while being told to wait for his car after the event. He then reportedly refused to tip the valet service.

October 2005 State of West Virginia filed a petition stating that Jones had not been contacting his probation officer and that he had not reported his July 2005 arrest. The judge extended the probation for just 90 days.

March 23, 2006 Charged with marijuana possession in Fayetteville, Georgia. He went on to claim that he knew how to beat the NFL's drug test.

August 25, 2006 Arrested for disorderly conduct and public intoxication after being ordered by police to leave a Murfreesboro night club several times. Jones claimed a woman stole his wallet. The woman claimed that Jones spat on her. The judge in the case gave Jones six months probation and told him to stay away from the club.

October 26, 2006 Jones was issued a citation for misdemeanor assault after a female student from Tennessee State University claimed that Jones spit in her face at a Nashville night club.

February 19, 2007 Jones was in the middle of a fight and shooting at a strip club in Las Vegas that left one man paralyzed and two more wounded. The fight broke out after Jones showered strippers on stage with $81,000 dollars. The club owner claims Jones was beating a strippers head against the bar while claiming to kill one of the club's employees.

Jones was also sentenced to one year in prison for a bar fight in Morgantown, West Virginia while in college. The sentence was later suspended in exchange for two years of probation.

April 10, 2007 After an April 3, 2007 meeting with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, the NFL announced that Jones would be suspended for the entire 2007 season. The terms of the suspension also stated that Jones will not receive pay during this suspension and that it is subject to additional review after the tenth regular season game, pending disposition of pending charges. Jones said he planned to appeal the League's decision.

Reaction score
Vintage;2321231 said:

http://img510.*************/img510/1886/daveonsubbasemt5.jpg

U must mean these playaz.....

FCBarca

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2321241 said:
Do some people seriously not comprehend the difference between Pacman and a rock star or even a "regular person" who goes out at night?

Precisely...Apparently not, however...He's not every other person in the world, he's a paid performer who is under a magnifying glass to NOT be involved in anything

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2321241 said:

Im a Rockstar in my own right. I even have an entourage. :p: