Video: DC: Dak Prescott: Turn The Page, Full Interview

Cebrin

Reaction score
I don't need to believe my team can win a Championship in order to follow along. If you're a sports fan and not a bandwagon fan odds are most years you know your team can't win.

I was very aware over these last 26 years that we couldn't win. Just like I'm aware that if we do get into the playoffs next year we will enter the postseason with one of the worst QBs.
He's better than Eli by a hundred miles, and better than Big Ben in both of his SB stints. I'm not as big on Dak as I used to be, but good grief you guys make him out to be so much worse than he actually is. Never, NEVER blowing up the other players that plague this team throughout a season. Constant Dak sucks threads. It was it is. I still enjoy reading your posts and jokes. Part of the forum I guess. It's all comedy at the end of the day. A bunch of couch NFL pro's. Wentz is all I have to say to end this conversation. :laugh: Much Love my guy. I legit enjoy you on here. ;) (I'm sure I've said worse lol)

Reactions: Ken

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
Interesting, seems like a reporter asked him about this offseason and Dak mentioned getting his leg heathy.
Just an excuse.Everybody else making excuses for Dak, now he is too.It’s never your fault Dak.Zeke gets ripped for his performance this year w/ poorly schemed ,predictable,poorly blocked run plays w/ a partially torn ligament.Where are his excuses?People, take off the rose colored glasses.

khiladi

Reaction score
….the stats against scrub teams and being in the NFC East has a lot to do with it. On paper many of the stats are very impressive, but when they are put into proper context, as well as a 1-3 playoff record, a different story unfolds

But again, he just started racking up meaningless stats when Moore became the OC. Before that, he couldn’t even notch over 200 yards passing consistently in a Linehan offense. This guy has never ran an offense where the game is complete red centered around elite skills, like Herbert.

If anything, the guy everybody is blaming now contributed to his stat-padding.

khiladi

Reaction score
He's better than Eli by a hundred miles, and better than Big Ben in both of his SB stints. I'm not as big on Dak as I used to be, but good grief you guys make him out to be so much worse than he actually is. Never, NEVER blowing up the other players that plague this team throughout a season. Constant Dak sucks threads. It was it is. I still enjoy reading your posts and jokes. Part of the forum I guess. It's all comedy at the end of the day. A bunch of couch NFL pro's. Wentz is all I have to say to end this conversation. :laugh: Much Love my guy. I legit enjoy you on here. ;) (I'm sure I've said worse lol)

LOL..

better than Big Ben?? Like what type of bizarro QB world are people operating in.

Not only is Big Ben under-rated QB as a whole, to claim Dak is better than Big Ben is beyond absurd.

I’m beginning to think Dak is the most over-rated player in NFL history.

phildadon86

Reaction score
That is what I have been trying to convey. Dak is fragile mentally, and now somewhat physically. A great guy, no doubt about that, maybe. But during the heat of the battle if his team is losing, he just sits on the bench by himself staring into wonder land. But, not all the time, because if the team is winning then he is up and around butt slapping...carrying on. He has the locker room, it is his, like it or not.
No one thats been thru what Dak has personally should ever be called mentally weak. lol. I love people who type stuff from a dark room behind a keyboard. Question for you. Your mom alive? Your brother or sisters alive?

Aven8

Reaction score
Like Romo before him I just want to see Dak in an offense that suits his skill set. We never got to see that with Romo and we probably never will with Dak.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
My QB.....he's got some work in front if him to get us where he needs to be and where we wanna go, but I still think he can get there.
Wake up, coach. Your eternal optimism with Dak has you saying silly things. Dak is 6 years deep in his career. If he was going to take us where we want to go, he would have at least taken us to an NFCC game by now. He can't even get us to the divisional round. I understand we are stuck with him but don't let that skew realistic expectations. The Cowboys can still win it all but it will have to be the defense that gets us there, not our defective QB. ;)

khiladi

Reaction score
In reality, Dak has always been Dak. The fact of the matter is this was Dak’s BEST YEAR a a QB, so if you were high on him as a real Dak fan, you should be high on him now. So those QB fan analysts that were “high on him” before but are not sold on him now, are just trying to save face as the excuses for Dak are wearing thin to even many of his most ardent defenders.

The same criticisms about Dak from all his previous years by the critics continued to apply to him now. All his improvement in the skills he was already good at, don’t compensate for the issues that make him just your everyday nothing spectacular QB, whose inability to be a real pocket passer and reading the field as well as anticipating and throwing to WRs was always there, including in his shouting profile as well as his inconsistent and at times, awful pocket presence that has always limited him. In reality, the personnel talent that surrounded him, the OL especially, has masked his weaknesses to a degree since he stepped on the field as a professional QB. If he was drafted in the first round by a scrub franchise, meaning expected to be the savior, he would have arguably lasted around the same time as a Trubisky or Tyron Taylor as a starter period.

This isn’t Dak running a Garrett Coryell offense. This is Dak running an offense tailored to him for six years that was heavily dependent on play-action and spread concepts to make it easier for Dak to see the field, while he had the best OL in football. Even guys like Witten and Jimmy Johnson would say Dak is an early progression QB. Now with guys like Kurt Warner doing videos, you see these type of issues clearly.

khiladi

Reaction score
Great PR and politics........add to that a hillbilly drunken owner GM and winner, winner chicken dinner!!!
666 filling his coffers and leaving misery and sorrow in his wake for all TRUE Cowboy fans!

I guess we can seek consolation in, “don’t hate the player, hate the game” and they fact that I can always count on @PAPPYDOG for some humor when Dak is in one of his ‘slumps’ that last about, minimum, half of the season.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess we can seek consolation in, “don’t hate the player, hate the game” and they fact that I can always count on @PAPPYDOG for some humor when Dak is in one of his ‘slumps’ that last about, minimum, half of the season.

Dak is never in a slump.....
This is the player's caliber and talent level.
As a Tier 3 QB surrounded with numerous talent around him he will have great stat games against dog teams like the NFC East and folks run to declare his greatness.
Tier 3 and it's not changing as you cannot coach a player to obtain God-given TALENT!!!!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
No one thats been thru what Dak has personally should ever be called mentally weak. lol. I love people who type stuff from a dark room behind a keyboard. Question for you. Your mom alive? Your brother or sisters alive?

No, both are dead. What does that have to do with anything? I'm not related to Dak so I don't care about his personal problems. The world is filled with trauma to families and the majority of then are poor, so don't expect me to feel sorry for him, I'm more concerned about his sloppy play on the field, nothing else. How is your dark room doing, huh?

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, both are dead. What does that have to do with anything? I'm not related to Dak so I don't care about his personal problems. The world is filled with trauma to families and the majority of then are poor, so don't expect me to feel sorry for him, I'm more concerned about his sloppy play on the field, nothing else. How is your dark room doing, huh?
Only Dak faces real-life personal tragedies and only his pain should excuse him from any responsibilities to the team and its performance.
Dak is made of Teflon they say......wonder if it's true???:rolleyes:

P.S.The rest of humanity doesn't count......

phildadon86

Reaction score
You do care. Or you wouldnt be calling another man mentally weak. For the record. That same thing Dak does that makes him "mentally weak" on the sidelines. I have seen Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Romo, Aikman, all do.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
You do care. Or you wouldnt be calling another man mentally weak. For the record. That same thing Dak does that makes him "mentally weak" on the sidelines. I have seen Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, Romo, Aikman, all do.

I said he is mentally weak on the football field! Get it now? If not, go find someone else to share your fantasy of Dak, not me.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said he is mentally weak on the football field! Get it now? If not, go find someone else to share your fantasy of Dak, not me.
Just say "Deer in the headlights" and it pretty much covers all of what QB Dak is about out there......

Western

Reaction score
If you examine the playoff seasons for Flacco (2012), Wilson (2013), Foles (2017), Eli (2007), and Eli (2011) -- they all surpass Dak's playoff performances in 16', 18', and 21'.
Those guys performed very highly in the playoffs on the road in pressure situations -- Russell Wilson was even able to take his team to back-back Super Bowls.

Dak's ceiling is in the realm of Jeff Garcia, and Marc Bulger in terms of playoff success -- which translates to the fact that Dallas is not going to the Super Bowl with Dak at QB.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
In reality, Dak has always been Dak. The fact of the matter is this was Dak’s BEST YEAR a a QB, so if you were high on him as a real Dak fan, you should be high on him now. So those QB fan analysts that were “high on him” before but are not sold on him now, are just trying to save face as the excuses for Dak are wearing thin to even many of his most ardent defenders.

The same criticisms about Dak from all his previous years by the critics continued to apply to him now. All his improvement in the skills he was already good at, don’t compensate for the issues that make him just your everyday nothing spectacular QB, whose inability to be a real pocket passer and reading the field as well as anticipating and throwing to WRs was always there, including in his shouting profile as well as his inconsistent and at times, awful pocket presence that has always limited him. In reality, the personnel talent that surrounded him, the OL especially, has masked his weaknesses to a degree since he stepped on the field as a professional QB. If he was drafted in the first round by a scrub franchise, meaning expected to be the savior, he would have arguably lasted around the same time as a Trubisky or Tyron Taylor as a starter period.

This isn’t Dak running a Garrett Coryell offense. This is Dak running an offense tailored to him for six years that was heavily dependent on play-action and spread concepts to make it easier for Dak to see the field, while he had the best OL in football. Even guys like Witten and Jimmy Johnson would say Dak is an early progression QB. Now with guys like Kurt Warner doing videos, you see these type of issues clearly.
The Dak we have today has not always been the Dak we've had. Rookie Dak was better and the results proved it. Sure it had a great deal to do with his supporting cast and coaching staff but he won 13 of 16 games then, while today he can only manage 12 wins in 17 games. He's clearly not the same Dak. This suggests to me if you improve his supporting cast and coaching staff, you improve Dak and yet the plan seems to be to bring everyone back from the previous season.