Deion Interviews TO At Halftime of Tonight's Game

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Mansta54;2432591 said:
Sorry dude but I don't feel the way you do about it. I'm also not gonna call you a clown or ignorant cause you feel that way either.. Not my style...
Nah you'll just disagree with what I say by calling my thoughts "garbage." And say that I just have an "agenda."

Then you'll compare me to the BSPN'ers.

Yeah, you're way above me.

Mansta54

Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;2432596 said:
Nah you'll just disagree with what I say by calling my thoughts "garbage." And say that I just have an "agenda."

Then you'll compare me to the BSPN'ers.

Yeah, you're way above me.

Hey, you said it, not me....:D

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Was this interview done after we beat the Commanders? Sometimes I think its best to just put your frustrations aside and be happy we won as a TEAM. If we end up going on a major win streak and his numbers dont show for it, too freaking bad.

I remember T.O. got his feelings hurt when McNabb made a comment that Philly could win w/out him. Well, how does he think it makes his teammates feel when he says they cant win w/out him?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;2432606 said:
I remember T.O. got his feelings hurt when McNabb made a comment that Philly could win w/out him. Well, how does he think it makes his teammates feel when he says they cant win w/out him?

That's a one-way street with TO... Always has been.

Spectre

Reaction score
Nav22;2432402 said:
He didn't quite say that. He agreed with Deion when Deion said that if he gets the numbers, the championship will come. He didn't imply that they CAN'T win a championship without him getting numbers.

It's a subtle yet important difference.

Either way, he's right in just about everything he said. But if this thing gets blown out of proportion and becomes a "story", he did it to himself.
actually, those were his exact words.

"we can't get the championship if I don't get the numbers."

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Spectre;2432641 said:

Actually, THESE were his exact words:

"But at the same time, you can't obtain that championship if I'm not involved in the offense."

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Spectre;2432641 said:

you are correct kinda

Owens prefers a Super Bowl title over his numbers "but at the same time, you can't obtain that championship if I'm not involved in the offense," he said. "It's going to come [championship] and I think a lot of people they see that when I get my hands on the ball things happen. I can't throw it and catch it. I can do only one thing. It's not that I can't play, it's the system of which I'm in."
Quotes like that make TO seem less of a team player and more of a 'me me me' player. You cant win the championship without ME. Get ME involved or things wont happen. I cant do everything. Its not me its the system.

This is very disappointing to hear. And I especially felt the green shirt with the eagle was purposeful. TO picks his clothing with thought, thinking about his other interviews he sports the iTeam iThrow iCover etc. Wouldn't make such a decision on accident.

He also skipped practice to do that. Most of the team was talking about how they have come together and they need to keep the momentum. While hes doing interviews saying the system is at fault.

Man lost a step and is looking for answers.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2432665 said:
you are correct kinda

Quotes like that make TO seem less of a team player and more of a 'me me me' player. You cant win the championship without ME. Get ME involved or things wont happen. I cant do everything. Its not me its the system.

So should he just take the blame when it really has nothing to do with him?

I see nothing wrong with him thinking the team can't win without him. What great player wants to think that he isn't vital to the football team's success?

This is very disappointing to hear. And I especially felt the green shirt with the eagle was purposeful. TO picks his clothing with thought, thinking about his other interviews he sports the iTeam iThrow iCover etc. Wouldn't make such a decision on accident.
It's not an Eagle.

He also skipped practice to do that.
No he didn't.

Most of the team was talking about how they have come together and they need to keep the momentum. While hes doing interviews saying the system is at fault.

Another "lost a step" paint chip eater, I see. Of course, you were undoubtedly one of the ones going "T.O. IZ FASTER DAN EVER!!!111" after the Bengals game just a few weeks ago. Now all of a sudden he's lost a step because Brad Johnson was quarterbacking at a time when he usually catches fire.

Givincer

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2432665 said:

I agree.

Interview is pretty pathetic. I like how he says things happen "when I get my hands on the ball," you'd like to say... "except when you drop it."

Really I think he sees a 26 year old who's about to take his spot on the team too.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2432665 said:
you are correct kinda

He also skipped practice to do that. Most of the team was talking about how they have come together and they need to keep the momentum. While hes doing interviews saying the system is at fault.

Right on. I cant imagine wuts gonna happen later in his career? whos he gonna fault when the numbers DROP EVEN MORE? he'll probably flat out cry in public screaming: WHY DID I HAVE TO GET TOO OLD FOR FOOTBALL?

I'm dissapointed in TO.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This sounds like pretty much the exact answers, said the exact same way, that he's been saying them over over a month now. I really don't see what was said here that was so concerning or worthy of anyone claiming he was pissed.

Givincer

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2432676 said:
This sounds like pretty much the exact answers, said the exact same way, that he's been saying them over over a month now. I really don't see what was said here that was so concerning or worthy of anyone claiming he was pissed.

I think the difference is the offense played well Sunday, and we won.

He plays into his media portrayal so much, and then wonders why that is how he is portrayed.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to agree, but it's unfortunate that he feels the need to keep granting these interviews and repeating himself. What purpose does it serve to simply rehash what he has stated in the past?

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
JordanTaber;2432670 said:
So should he just take the blame when it really has nothing to do with him?

I see nothing wrong with him thinking the team can't win without him. What great player wants to think that he isn't vital to the football team's success?

It's not an Eagle.

No he didn't.

Another "lost a step" paint chip eater, I see. Of course, you were undoubtedly one of the ones going "T.O. IZ FASTER DAN EVER!!!111" after the Bengals game just a few weeks ago. Now all of a sudden he's lost a step because Brad Johnson was quarterbacking at a time when he usually catches fire.

Vs the Giants he fumbled the ball.
In Washington a hit caused him to cough up the ball.

His problems were unrelated to Brad. He was still having problems getting open. Now he is talking to the media about issues that should be kept in house. Nothing good can come from this, and you will probably be spending alot of time telling people 'oh its nothing' and telling them they eat paint chips.

He is complaining to the media about his role, yet he also said he never talked to Garrett about it cause it doesn't want to seem like he is complaining. He agrees with Mariucci that TO doesn't like his role.

I am not saying he can't have a good game, but he should make his statements on the field.

MrMom

Reaction score
DallasEast;2432684 said:
I have to agree, but it's unfortunate that he feels the need to keep granting these interviews and repeating himself. What purpose does it serve to simply rehash what he has stated in the past?

this.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score

As Givincer mentioned, this week it was Tony at QB now and the TEAM won. Why would he make a statement like 'I cant throw the ball and catch it too' when its Romo out there throwing it. I understand if its Brad or Brooks, brads the team grandma and bollingers the waterboy. This is Romo he is talking about now.

it is very disappointing, and could become a circus.

I can already see keyshawns smug face, peter kings i told you so, and skip bayless screaming Team Obliterater.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
True it is Tony back there now, instead of them, but it just seemed like the same, vanilla, answers he's given to these same questions for a month or more.

The only thing new, of any kind really, was that he actually called out the system in this. Usually he just mentions he doesn't like all the routes he's running but this time he's called out the system as if it's the entire thing that isn't working.

In that regard I think he does need to shut up because it was pretty clear on Sunday night that they moved him around more and started running him on more of the routes he's used to and likes more. So all he needs to worry about is continuing to get open and Tony will find him with the ball.