Deion Interviews TO At Halftime of Tonight's Game

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
The good thing is that if he does go off the deep end completely like he did in Philly, we actually have the talent behind him to keep trucking. Roy Williams isn't as explosive, but he's got much better hands.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
hopefully he can have a big game against his old team to keep him happy for a little while. but I hope Romo trys to spread it out again like on the td drive before the half last Sunday. I know T.O. doesn't see it this way but right now it hurts us more than it helps us when we try to force it to him. just spread it around and keep em guessing.

Ren

Reaction score
Rampage;2432809 said:
hopefully he can have a big game against his old team to keep him happy for a little while. but I hope Romo trys to spread it out again like on the td drive before the half last Sunday. I know T.O. doesn't see it this way but right now it hurts us more than it helps us when we try to force it to him. just spread it around and keep em guessing.

No doubt the whole forcing the ball to TO stuff isn't making our offense any better its quite the opposite :bang2:

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Ozzu;2432807 said:
The good thing is that if he does go off the deep end completely like he did in Philly, we actually have the talent behind him to keep trucking. Roy Williams isn't as explosive, but he's got much better hands.

No he doesn't. You can ask Lions fans about this one.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Spectre;2432396 said:
**** T.O.

Deion started this interview by fanning the flame about he isn't getting the ball enough, how does he feel about it, etc.

Give me a break... you have 40 receptions on the season, drop more passes than you catch and don't get YAC anymore.

T.O. is old news. We still need to go to the draft for another upgrade at the position. Preferably a young, speedy, shifty compliment to RW11.

Yah T.O is old news :rolleyes:. Well here's some news that makes him long term news. He signed a 3 year $29 million extension with about $10 million guaranteed. Looks like T.O will be making news for at least a couple of more years.

The drop the ball thing I do agree with, but he is not junk and nor is he going anywhere other than top 2 WR. He'll be our #1 for at least 2 more years. Tellme a corner that can cover him 1 on 1? Bailey and Newman at most.

I bring up Newman only because when T.O was with Philly Newman took him out of the games every time. No one else 1 on 1 I have seen in the last 3 years without safety or minimal double coverage help. Even doubles he can toast. It's keeping the ball caught that's his problem.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I think TO has ever right to complain. Look at the Cardinals or Colts they have just as many weapons yet still spread the ball around. Look at our last game the leading receiving was MB3.....like lets be realistic for half a second.

jzcowboy

Reaction score
ajk23az;2432408 said:
I totally agree that it is the system he is in.

If EVERY other team can get their #1 WR 7-10 catches a game why can't we do it?

For example..

Texans & Andre Johnson Under 30
Chiefs & Dwayne Bowe Under 30
Panthers & Steve Smith Under 30
Falcons & Roddy White Under 30

These teams DO NOT have the kind of weapons we do but still are able to get their #1 the ball DOWN THE FIELD more often than not.

One reason why

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2432847 said:
I think TO has ever right to complain. Look at the Cardinals or Colts they have just as many weapons yet still spread the ball around. Look at our last game the leading receiving was MB3.....like lets be realistic for half a second.

That's the issue. We spread the ball around. He wants to be the star of the show and that's fine, but when we have two #1 wideouts, an all-pro tight end, an up and coming backup tight end, and a running back who does really well catching out of the backfield, he's not going to be the star most of the time.

Add this to the fact that it seems teams have figured out a way to slow TO down and well, you have an unhappy TO.

aikemirv

Reaction score
DallasDomination;2432568 said:
let T.O yap all He wants...I hope Romo and the rest of the offense doesnt take much importance to keeping Him happy. You go out and get open.

Owens is a punk..Has anybody ever even seen Him dive for a ball or go the extra yard to catch a ball? He seems to only want perfect darts or He cant catch it...And even then He drops the ball half the time.

Cry baby needs to shut up.

Isn't that the truth!:bow: :bow:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Ozzu;2432911 said:
That's the issue. We spread the ball around. He wants to be the star of the show and that's fine, but when we have two #1 wideouts, an all-pro tight end, an up and coming backup tight end, and a running back who does really well catching out of the backfield, he's not going to be the star most of the time.

Add this to the fact that it seems teams have figured out a way to slow TO down and well, you have an unhappy TO.

We spread the ball around in a crappy way. Like I said teams like the Cardinals and Colts have just as many weapons. Yet everyone is eating. There's no excuses for TO to have 2 catches for 30 yards. Same goes for RW and Witten. When we come out of the game and MB3 is our leading receiver we need to re look how things are going. Granted that was Romo's first game back but we'll see on Sunday.

superpunk

Reaction score
He's definitely mentally ill.

The timing is just absurd.

I mean, we went three games where it was an absolute disaster, and he had every right to say something. Then last week, we get Romo back, get a huge division win in which we did EVERYTHING that we could to get him the ball, ran his favorite kinds of routes, and got intercepted TWICE when trying to get him the ball....

...and he has the stones to complain about the offense this week?

I'm sorry, that is just stupid. Just plain stupid and selfish. I'd like to see the part of the interview where he holds himself accountable for all the drops, all the times he's done absolutely nothing with the ball once we've gotten it to him, failed conversions and interceptions caused by trying to get him the ball.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Im am REALLY curious to see how Jerry handles this, if it becomes a problem....reallllly curious.

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
I just lost a lot of respect for Deion. His attempt to become a big time reporter has just backfired on him. Good lord, Deion, you are an idiot. His attempt to fan the flames by introducing what he believed was thought provoking material is just plain stupid. Go home Deion, you idiot...

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
Good post, but, it wasn't TO. All that crap was straight Deion.
superpunk;2432930 said:
He's definitely mentally ill.

The timing is just absurd.

I mean, we went three games where it was an absolute disaster, and he had every right to say something. Then last week, we get Romo back, get a huge division win in which we did EVERYTHING that we could to get him the ball, ran his favorite kinds of routes, and got intercepted TWICE when trying to get him the ball....

...and he has the stones to complain about the offense this week?

I'm sorry, that is just stupid. Just plain stupid and selfish. I'd like to see the part of the interview where he holds himself accountable for all the drops, all the times he's done absolutely nothing with the ball once we've gotten it to him, failed conversions and interceptions caused by trying to get him the ball.

superpunk

Reaction score
el_chevo;2432960 said:
Good post, but, it wasn't TO. All that crap was straight Deion.
Well I definitely don't absolve Deion of all blame.

That sweater is unbelievably regrettable, for instance.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
DallasDW00ds0n;2432932 said:
Im am REALLY curious to see how Jerry handles this, if it becomes a problem....reallllly curious.

:lmao2: .......................

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
el_chevo;2432959 said:
I just lost a lot of respect for Deion. His attempt to become a big time reporter has just backfired on him. Good lord, Deion, you are an idiot. His attempt to fan the flames by introducing what he believed was thought provoking material is just plain stupid. Go home Deion, you idiot...

You had respect for Deion?

Anyway, while TO is being selfish (though not necessarily stupid -- he knows exactly what he's doing with this interview), I'm not sure it matters. For the first time since he played with Jerry Rice, he's not the best receiver on the team anymore. You can hold teams hostage when the next guy on the depth chart is Freddie Mitchell or Patrick Crayton. Not so much when it's a guy with equal talent who's close to a decade younger than him.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2432838 said:
Yah T.O is old news :rolleyes:. Well here's some news that makes him long term news. He signed a 3 year $29 million extension with about $10 million guaranteed. Looks like T.O will be making news for at least a couple of more years.

The drop the ball thing I do agree with, but he is not junk and nor is he going anywhere other than top 2 WR. He'll be our #1 for at least 2 more years. Tellme a corner that can cover him 1 on 1? Bailey and Newman at most.

I bring up Newman only because when T.O was with Philly Newman took him out of the games every time. No one else 1 on 1 I have seen in the last 3 years without safety or minimal double coverage help. Even doubles he can toast. It's keeping the ball caught that's his problem.

Except for that Monday night game where he got well over 100 yards and scored 3 TDs on them.

As for the rest of the worry about spreading the ball around in this thread...do you think, maybe, that we could, I don't know, wait a couple more games, and let Tony get fully back into the swing of things, before we start jumping to the conclusions that he doesn't spread the ball around enough and that he isn't getting TO the ball enough?

I know people will point to earlier in the year but lets face it earlier in the year he didn't have RW on the otherside to take some of the attention away from. Tony has gotten exactly one game with both of them. Lets wait till at least after Thanksgiving before we start to worry about whether or not he is going to get the ball enough.