Deion Interviews TO At Halftime of Tonight's Game

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Two of the biggest loud mouthed, attention ****** known to the fans of football and we expected...............what? Don't forget that NFL Network is a spinoff of ESPN. I dislike Sanders more than #81. Clings to anything football and he befriends anyone with a name.

Best thing that happened on NFL Network was that Mooch got a contract first and watching Sanders grovel for one on national television. How weak is that?

MrMom

Reaction score
Also, Deion grates on me so bad.

"One thing about T.O., he tells it like it is."

Really? He tells it like it is in his warped opinion you mean.

T.O. says if he gets his numbers the championships will come, bro you've been putting up big numbers for years and how many championships to show?

For once, I'd love for T.O. to just man up and put some blame on himself. Maybe work on getting off the LOS, maybe focus on having no drops for a whole game for once.

Givincer

Reaction score
MrMom;2432703 said:
Also, Deion grates on me so bad.

"One thing about T.O., he tells it like it is."

Really? He tells it like it is in his warped opinion you mean.

T.O. says if he gets his numbers the championships will come, bro you've been putting up big numbers for years and how many championships to show?

For once, I'd love for T.O. to just man up and put some blame on himself. Maybe work on getting off the LOS, maybe focus on having no drops for a whole game for once.

TO is stupid for not seeing that Deion is using him to create a story, flat out.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
he should have never done this...another week for the team of distractions and not thinking about football.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Vs the Giants he fumbled the ball.
In Washington a hit caused him to cough up the ball.

Yeah, he fumbled for the first time in, what, 5 years (?) because he can't play anymore?

His problems were unrelated to Brad.

You can NOT be serious.

He was still having problems getting open.

How do YOU know? I've heard from numerous people who attended the games that he was getting open constantly during the games Brad played but he never got the ball.

Now he is talking to the media about issues that should be kept in house. Nothing good can come from this, and you will probably be spending alot of time telling people 'oh its nothing' and telling them they eat paint chips.

What issues are those? I didn't hear any private issues being discussed. Everyone can see that he's not getting the ball and he just acknowledged that much and defended himself against the constant idiotic accusations that he's "lost a step." Maybe he erred in mentioning the "system" he's in (because people immediately think "system=Jason Garrett") but he wasn't nearly specific enough to justify much concern.

He is complaining to the media about his role, yet he also said he never talked to Garrett about it cause it doesn't want to seem like he is complaining. He agrees with Mariucci that TO doesn't like his role.

If you couldn't tell, that clip where he "said" "I don't like it" was edited to the Nth degree. He doesn't answer questions with just a couple words...EVER. That was almost undoubtedly a fraction of the explanation and they cut it up to make it more attention-grabbing.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Is this thread that boring or is the Benedryl starting to kick in.

Nothing new. TO and Deion are both attention ******. It's just a enjoyable game to them. Feeds their egos and makes them money. I can't really fault them for it. I wouldn't mind making 6 or 7 figures a year telling people what I think. You guys don't pay me ****.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Givincer;2432711 said:
TO is stupid for not seeing that Deion is using him to create a story, flat out.
It's doubtful that an argument can be made about Owens lacking intelligence. He has always been fully aware of both the context of his comments and/or any of his actions on and off the field which could have negative connotations.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
DallasEast;2432726 said:
It's doubtful that an argument can be made about Owens lacking intelligence. He has always been fully aware of both the context of his comments and/or any of his actions on and off the field which could have negative connotations.

.............cue the footage of the sit-ups in the driveway.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
JordanTaber;2432719 said:
Yeah, he fumbled for the first time in, what, 5 years (?) because he can't play anymore?

You can NOT be serious.

How do YOU know? I've heard from numerous people who attended the games that he was getting open constantly during the games Brad played but he never got the ball.

What issues are those? I didn't hear any private issues being discussed. Everyone can see that he's not getting the ball and he just acknowledged that much and defended himself against the constant idiotic accusations that he's "lost a step." Maybe he erred in mentioning the "system" he's in (because people immediately think "system=Jason Garrett") but he wasn't nearly specific enough to justify much concern.

If you couldn't tell, that clip where he "said" "I don't like it" was edited to the Nth degree. He doesn't answer questions with just a couple words...EVER. That was almost undoubtedly a fraction of the explanation and they cut it up to make it more attention-grabbing.

Well that's it you convinced me :)

nothing is wrong with TO. This situation is exaggerated. It was just an accident, TO didn't mean to say system. Lets ignore evidence from the games, and just assume everything is peachy keen. TO didn't even know it was an interview. He thought the cameras were actually exercise bands and he thought Deion was actually a giant talking bag of skittles.

Lets hope he learned his lesson and "next questions" NFL network.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2432734 said:
Well that's it you convinced me :)

nothing is wrong with TO. This situation is exaggerated. It was just an accident, TO didn't mean to say system. Lets ignore evidence from the games, and just assume everything is peachy keen. TO didn't even know it was an interview. He thought the cameras were actually exercise bands and he thought Deion was actually a giant talking bag of skittles.

Lets hope he learned his lesson and "next questions" NFL network.

Well no, actually, I changed my mind. It's the end of the world as we know it. He's going to distract Tony Romo into throwing multiple interceptions, distract the offensive line from blocking, distract the defense from tackling, and you'd better believe it, this is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE deal. I mean, granted, every single year Owens has at least one of these over dramatic "sit down interviews" with either Michael Irvin or Deion Sanders and a bunch of sensationalized editing, leading to some more ESPN bashing and message board soap operas, but THIS TIME it's for real.

And it's all cuz he's lost a step. After the Cincinnati game, THE_STEP vanished and he went from "uncoverable" to "can't even get 60 yards, isn't better than a receiver who has a grand total of one 1,000+ yard season in his career, and none of this has anything to do with Brad Johnson or the loss of Tony Sparano."

Thankfully this all happened towards the end of the week, though. Assuming Dallas manages to win on Sunday, things should quiet down on the board rather quickly.

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
jobberone;2432725 said:

Nothing new. TO and Deion are both attention ******. It's just a enjoyable game to them. Feeds their egos and makes them money. I can't really fault them for it. I wouldn't mind making 6 or 7 figures a year telling people what I think. You guys don't pay me ****.

Yeah Benedryl...may need this for some of the upcoming games.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
jobberone;2432725 said:

Nothing new. TO and Deion are both attention ******. It's just a enjoyable game to them. Feeds their egos and makes them money. I can't really fault them for it. I wouldn't mind making 6 or 7 figures a year telling people what I think. You guys don't pay me **** .

Penny for your thoughts? :lmao2:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2432755 said:
Penny for your thoughts? :lmao2:

See what I mean. I tell ya, I dont get any respect. Always a wiseacre out there, too.

I hope you owe the Mafia a huge sum of money and have Howard Cosell do your funeral.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Anyone else think one of the reasons for perennial under-performance with this team is too many pot-stirrers and enabler former Cowboys like Irvin and Deion hanging around? I believe these would be called the "periphery" people Parcells guarded against, and he was somehow a bad guy for not giving them more access to the Ranch.

As far as TO goes ... of course he throws his coaches and QB under the bus to the media. He did it in San Francisco. He did it in Philly. Why would anyone think he wouldn't do it here? He's the same jerk he was on other teams, but because he wears your favorite color of laundry he's just "misunderstood" and "sensationalized". Guess we have to find new ways to get him the ball in his hands so he can immediately be brought down by the first defender. Otherwise he might not crack the 800 yard barrier for the year.

Ren

Reaction score
Deion seems to just want to stir up a s***storm, I don't think Irvin would have done the same