DeMarco Murray on the Herd

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
If there is any QB that can hold his own when the pocket breaks down to fire a rocket downfield it's Ben. Saying he wouldn't have the success relatively Romo did in the crappy situation in Dallas is an unjustified slight.

I think people just got blinders on when it comes to his football ability..
Yo, yoooooo!

I love Big Ben, my insinuation was coaching, not the player. For, as you put it, K, people have those same blinders on when it comes to Romo.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hell, insert any QB not named Brady, I was just using Big Ben

Plug in Wilson, Rodgers, ******* Foles etc

Do they win here?

Big_D

Reaction score
Hell, insert any QB not named Brady, I was just using Big Ben

Plug in Wilson, Rodgers, ******* Foles etc

Do they win here?

You can insert any QB you want. None of them are starting out as rookies on this team with Jason Garrett and turning into the same player they are today! Not without the other parts that helped them develop. It's crazy and it completely downplays the importance that good coaching had on those guys.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
You can insert any QB you want. None of them are starting out as rookies on this team with Jason Garrett and turning into the same player they are today! Not without the other parts that helped them develop. It's crazy and it completely downplays the importance coaching had on those guys.
Wait, are you agreeing with me or debating me? Lol

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
It's even beyond the coaches, its the Orgs

Big Ben plays for a pure class franchise (FO/Rooneys) in PIT, Brady has Kraft, Eli has Mara (as disgusting as he is, they run a TIGHT ship there), and it appears Lurie is a GM's-owner, rather than an Owner's owner

These Orgs allow the teams, the organism we -- NFL fans -- root for to flourish, and have almost pure autonomy.

We get crushed by a petulant-child owner who can't let his blanky (our beloved team) get out of 2 ft of distance. And if it does, his cue ball son comes swooping in with more "oohs and huhs and uhs"

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score
Wait, are you agreeing with me or debating me? Lol

I'm agreeing that it takes more than a different QB from another team to come here and win a Super Bowl. I think you'd still be looking at the same situation. Poor play calling, poor drafts, poor D and the usual collapse.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I'm agreeing that it takes more than a different QB from another team to come here and win a Super Bowl. I think you'd still be looking at the same situation. Poor play calling, poor drafts, poor D and the usual collapse.
Agreed with all but the drafting part. Tho we've hit mainly on the offensive side of the ball, we still are hitting some homers. It's the one criticism I cant levy at the Org. But I give that recognition to McClay and Vidal.

JJ and SJ, I'd bet my life, have ****all to do with real player evaluations. It's coming from McClay/Vidal down to the scouts. McClay seems as a workaholic. I bet his salary is north of 5M/yr

Big_D

Reaction score
Agreed with all but the drafting part. Tho we've hit mainly on the offensive side of the ball, we still are hitting some homers. It's the one criticism I cant levy at the Org. But I give that recognition to McClay and Vidal.

JJ and SJ, I'd bet my life, have ****all to do with real player evaluations. It's coming from McClay/Vidal down to the scouts. McClay seems as a workaholic. I bet his salary is north of 5M/yr

Much better in the drafting department right now, but not while Romo was in his prime here and they're making the RW trade, drafting Felix Jone, Escobar, Bennett etc. etc.. that list goes on.Those poor offseason decisions were on top of the poor coaching.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Much better in the drafting department right now, but not while Romo was in his prime here and they're making the RW trade, drafting Felix Jone, Escobar, Bennett etc. etc.. that list goes on.Those poor offseason decisions were on top of the poor coaching.
Oh yes, and forgive my short sightedness, D, as we were speaking careers and I ventured off a lil bit to more recent. Dead on, brother.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are stealing my own lines now? :flagwave: Watched the full clip buddy. I was actually shocked he said motivation. I knew Garrett was likeable and a players coach, but this is the first time I heard anyone say that he kept them motivated and playing hard. Very very good to hear actually. An important part of being a good HC. But when you cant manage on gameday and in big moments and in big games it simply doesnt matter what else you are good at. That is the #1 thing you need to be as a coach and its his weakest link.

We have all seen it for years. When it counts, Garrett chokes. Just like he did against GB two years ago. Panicking as we drive down for the winning score with the defense on their heals. He tells Dak to spike it on first down. The rest is history.

Except he didn’t say he couldn’t manage the game day stuff. He said, back when he was there, early on, there were areas where he could improve. Then he said that, because he had guys like Tony and Wit and because they worked on it, they did significantly improve.

The stuff you’re trying to say isnt what Murray actually said. It’s just your attempt to color his response negatively.

Look at the 4th quarter and end of half offensive splits under Garrrett if you want an actual barometer for how effective his teams have been in those situations overall.

AtlCPA

Reaction score
He said they got better when Garrett allowed Romo and Witten to take over the game. Which leads to the logical conclusion that he instantly sucks again since Romo left.

Rams 2017 as exhibit 1

Garrett is 22-13 since Dak took over for Romo. I would hardly call that sucking.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Except he didn’t say he couldn’t manage the game day stuff. He said, back when he was there, early on, there were areas where he could improve. Then he said that, because he had guys like Tony and Wit and because they worked on it, they did significantly improve.

The stuff you’re trying to say isnt what Murray actually said. It’s just your attempt to color his response negatively.

Look at the 4th quarter and end of half offensive splits under Garrrett if you want an actual barometer for how effective his teams have been in those situations overall.

No, you just hear what you wanted to hear. He talked point blank how Garretts biggest weakness was game management and especially in 4th quarter and critical times. Calling timeouts and throwing red flags when he shouldnt, ect....ect... What he said was that eventually Romo started taking over handling the offense and that really helped them become more efficient and better in those areas.

kskboys

Reaction score

Yeah, but our drafting still has some question marks as we refuse to address positions of need.

ghst187

Reaction score
DeMarco Murray saying that Jason Garrett's weakness is managing the game literally just validated the opinions of thousands of message board posters all over the Internet on various Cowboys forums.

We knew it. We were right all along. Garrett is a goof. WE ARE SMART!!

And furthermore we are better draft scouts!
Jerry would be better off crowd sourcing the playcalling and game management here online live during the games. Vastly cheaper too.

Blake

Reaction score
And furthermore we are better draft scouts!
Jerry would be better off crowd sourcing the playcalling and game management here online live during the games. Vastly cheaper too.

We could take a consensus vote, submit the play, and have it transmitted directly into Red's headset.

ghst187

Reaction score
We could take a consensus vote, submit the play, and have it transmitted directly into Red's headset.

I think many of us could agree to make ourselves available on game days.
Or I imagine the algorithms in Madden or google would an improvement.
At least you know the statistics would always be in our favor. Pretty sure the AI in Madden would've helped out LT Green after the second sack in the Atlanta game.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, you just hear what you wanted to hear. He talked point blank how Garretts biggest weakness was game management and especially in 4th quarter and critical times. Calling timeouts and throwing red flags when he shouldnt, ect....ect... What he said was that eventually Romo started taking over handling the offense and that really helped them become more efficient and better in those areas.

I hear what’s said. He said “he could get a little bit better” at it when asked directly for a weakness. And then agreed with Cowherd’s assessment that he “had a flaw and he worked on” it to improve in Murray’s 2nd and 3rd year.

Like I said, the video is right there in the first post in the thread.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It’s not just the head coach on the headset on an NFL sideline. And in many cities, like in Dallas, it’s the coordinators who call the games in communication with their unit’s coaching staff.

Gameday coaching execution is a team effort. There have been limitations with it in Dallas, for sure. But it’s gotten a lot better over time. Tony was particularly impressed with Linehan’s adjustments when he first got here, though people don’t like to remember it that way.

Let me also insert my regular observation regarding how productive the offense has actually been under Garrett, and how the issue has really been with the defensive talent, even though it’s so much fun to pretend otherwise.