DeMarco Murray on the Herd

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If you don't score, make sure there is no time left for the guy the Cowboys cannot seem to stop with ANY time remaining. You would think after FIVE straight seasons of getting punked by the guy Garrett would figure that crap out. And the key to beating AR is to keep him off the field, can't keep passing the ball when the run is successfully killing GB.
Now, now. In 2013 it was Matt Flynn who overloaded Garrett-bot 3.5’s circuit, overcoming a 26-3 deficit while our rushing attack averaged over 6 YPC. It isn’t just Aaron Rodgers that our robotic head coach can’t solve.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Oh man, I didn't know DeMarco retired. He only had 7 years. That bromance for Sam Bradford still pisses me off.

Sadly, I wish that 2014 offensive team could have stayed together for a longer time than they did.

DiResta

Reaction score
Don't know but I've criticized Romo for passing too much and his blunders too. Whoever was responsible the team needed a balanced team. Romo had his best year when they were running. Maybe they'll finally keep to the run now that they don't have any proven WR's.
when he wasnt having to carry a team he was better. more efficient and thats when he had his mvp caliber year
of course the run game kept other teams off the field which helped since Dallas had no way to stop them

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He actually was complimentary. He was asked for a strength and a weakness, and he asnwered it directly. I don’t think many would disagree with his response, either.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Interesting interview with Murray, especially his comments about Jason Garrett and Dez.

Talks about Garrett at the 10:07 mark if you don't want to listen to entire interview

Anybody with half a brain knows Garrett is horrid at managing the game. Really sad to hear former players actually say it though. And sooo many have said it now. Tells how bad he really is at it. Even Garrett biggest supporters acknowledge its a weakness.

Verdict

Reaction score
Clock management sucks with Garrett, he was fortunate when he had Romo and Witten because they basically took over and handled the game in the last few minutes. Now what? They are both gone. I have no confidence in Garrett with the game on the line and two minutes remaining. He will cost us some games.

That's possible. But getting rid of Dez and Witten may help the team so much that the team will be so far ahead it won't matter as much.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He actually was complimentary. He was asked for a strength and a weakness, and he asnwered it directly. I don’t think many would disagree with his response, either.

LOL..................:lmao::lmao2:

An OC, supposed offensive genius, HC where his BIGGEST weakness is managing the game, play calling, 4th quarter/last drive stuff?

At this point, it wouldnt be fun if you turned on him. Its actually fun to watch you hang on while people just keep piling on.

Verdict

Reaction score
You need to work on your listening skills.

Even Garrett himself has admitted to the mistakes he has made in game decisions. He has improved as Murray pointed out.

And then of course there was the first part of the discourse where he points out how Garrett is a great motivator and his players play hard for him. It's an underrated skill and I find it interesting how many men around here fail to grasp how hard motivating others day after day actually is. Look at what happened to Wade Phillips.[/QUOTE/]

I'm all for a person having an opinion on something. I'm all for different people viewing the same facts differently. But it's pretty hard to tolerate people just "making up obvious untruths" or giving an unreasonable interpretation to facts in an attempt to support their position. It takes away all of their credibility.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL..................:lmao::lmao2:

An OC, supposed offensive genius, HC where his BIGGEST weakness is managing the game, play calling, 4th quarter/last drive stuff?

At this point, it wouldnt be fun if you turned on him. Its actually fun to watch you hang on while people just keep piling on.

Perhaps you ought to watch the clip we’re talking about before offering an opinion.

khiladi

Reaction score
Remember when Jason Garrett was supposed to be different than Wade, because he wasn't going to be friends with his players and soft.

And now to Garrett homers it's a positive that Garrett's redeeming feature is that he's 'one of the guys'. When a football players basically says their coach is 'one of the guys' and 'hangs out with them' it's pretty much a dead give away that guy has no substance as far as football is concerned.

The fact that Murray basically said Garrett can't coach worth trash and Romo took control and used to work the two minute drills Is the reason they became good at it is just confirming what everybody know.

khiladi

Reaction score
Murray still has adoration for JG. He also criticized him.

There.

Most football players don't come hard with absolute criticism of their past situations, particularly on talk shows and years after the fact.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Most football players don't come hard with absolute criticism of their past situations, particularly on talk shows.m and years after the fact.
Oh for sure. Was just clearing up confusion in the thread, my bro. Putting it into 3rd grade simplicity

And how the hell are you, K?!

khiladi

Reaction score
Oh for sure. Was just clearing up confusion in the thread, my bro. Putting it into 3rd grade simplicity

And how the hell are you, K?!

Good brother, just can't wait for the season to start and put these 'questions' to rest. Even with the 'depressing' outlook regarding the team, nothing like the smell of fresh fall air to bring out the sense of excitement and 'false hope' ;) for an upcoming football season.

khiladi

Reaction score
Big Ben can definitely take a lick'en and keep on tick'en. One of his greatest attributes.

If there is any QB that can hold his own when the pocket breaks down to fire a rocket downfield it's Ben. Saying he wouldn't have the success relatively Romo did in the crappy situation in Dallas is an unjustified slight.

I think people just got blinders on when it comes to his football ability..

InTheZone

Reaction score
What I've gathered from the vid:

-Fans say Dez is lazy, players say Dez is a hard worker
-Fans say JG can't manage games, players say Romo was the coach on the field so you didn't worry about JG when Romo was calling the shots
-Fans say Dez can't run routes, OC says his gameplan was pretty trash
-Fans blame Dez for attitude problems, that's a GM/HC problem for getting the guy, not correcting him after the fact, then keeping him as long as they did, considering they paid him a fat 2nd contract
-It was obvious Dak can't handle Dez and that Dak hasn't been able to overcome coaching deficiencies yet like Romo has. We'll see if Dak progresses any at all his third year, because I saw no progression in the 2nd season. A lot of blame goes to JG.
-Romo haters, please SYS (Slap Yourself)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Perhaps you ought to watch the clip we’re talking about before offering an opinion.

You are stealing my own lines now? :flagwave: Watched the full clip buddy. I was actually shocked he said motivation. I knew Garrett was likeable and a players coach, but this is the first time I heard anyone say that he kept them motivated and playing hard. Very very good to hear actually. An important part of being a good HC. But when you cant manage on gameday and in big moments and in big games it simply doesnt matter what else you are good at. That is the #1 thing you need to be as a coach and its his weakest link.

We have all seen it for years. When it counts, Garrett chokes. Just like he did against GB two years ago. Panicking as we drive down for the winning score with the defense on their heals. He tells Dak to spike it on first down. The rest is history.