Video: Demarco Murray Press Conference

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Right, if another employer offered me a significant raise doing the same thing I do now, I'd give my 2 week notice to my current employer. I don't fault either party. However, for all this fiscal responsibility, Romo has 2 and maybe 3 good years left, what are we doing to find his successor? Nothing, so it'll probably be tough go of it in a few years anyway.

I asked that last night, how many would leave their current job for 20% more money and only one person was honest. Go figure.

dguinta1

Reaction score
Everything else aside, don't lie to all if us and say it wasn't about the money.

It's always about the money!

Even the Philly reporters at the news conference weren't buying the great chance to win a Super Bowl crap!

:facepalm:

These guys are athletes, not politicians. lol

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't understand why it is so hard for people to get it.

The Cowboys did what they thought was the best for the team by not going over what they thought was a fair price. They did not do it because they did not like Murray. They did not do it because they could not afford it.

:clap:

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Before you get emotional and bash the man, please watch his PC. He literally spends half the time talking about his love for the Cowboys and his brothers on the team. There is no question he would be a Cowboy if he got a respectable offer from us. I really hope this new money strategy doesn't backfire because Murray is 10x the professional guys like MBIII and Leonard Davis were.

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/8109350/events/2963279

Are you guys serious he went to the Eagles wow what a sick generation I never ever saw a Cowboy go to a division rivial yeah Ken Norton went to 49ers but in the division. he's a good guy he was good for us are you Kidding me he's an eagle I hope he get knocked out. Wow how embarrassing

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Sometimes instead of wondering how that play pans out if Murray holds on, I wonder how that play pans out if Randle or even Dunbar got that carry.

Randle hit more than one homerun for us last year. Murray didn't really have many at all. That might've been a TD if our favorite little thief was in the game.

Easy, untouched touchdown.......In Murrays defense he got into a ritual of putting on 5-10 pounds of water weight for game day to carry the big load and prevent injuries but it hampered his burst.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn't matter to me what he's got to say about the Cowboys anymore. He's an Eagle now.

He got to choose between more money on a worse team and less money to play for a division rival that's doesn't really have the appearance of a legitimate Superbowl contender right now anyway. Do I have that about right?

I hope that big contract ends up being disastrous for the Eagles.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Sure. Great guy.

That called Chip Kelly himself and told him how he wanted to play in Philly....ALSO.....

"I felt that this was a great opportunity for me to win a Super Bowl, at the end of the day," Murray said Thursday at his introductory news conference. "It wasn't about the financial security or anything like that."

^Great guy. Cowboys basically won in Green Bay and Eagles were watching at home....And it's a "great opportunity to win a super bowl." He's a prick. I hope he gets injured the first play of the season. He insulted our team and his Oline by saying that.

I for one, vote that we delete the press conference. Don't care what he said in it to cover up the crap he said above.

I like the cut of you chin son!!!!

ilykdrama

Reaction score
Sure. Great guy.

That called Chip Kelly himself and told him how he wanted to play in Philly....ALSO.....

"I felt that this was a great opportunity for me to win a Super Bowl, at the end of the day," Murray said Thursday at his introductory news conference. "It wasn't about the financial security or anything like that."

^Great guy. Cowboys basically won in Green Bay and Eagles were watching at home....And it's a "great opportunity to win a super bowl." He's a prick. I hope he gets injured the first play of the season. He insulted our team and his Oline by saying that.

I for one, vote that we delete the press conference. Don't care what he said in it to cover up the crap he said above.

Not about financial security....But let me sign with a team that's paying more and didn't make the playoffs last year. Gotcha. Thanks for treating us like idiots.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Murray was offered 4 years 16 million. Beasley got four years and 13.6. So the league rusher isn't worth much more than the slot receiver.

They showed him no respect, just like the fans on this board.

Per nick Eatman's article... The Cowboys indeed made an offer to Murray in the neighborhood of $6 million per season.

So at $5 million four years is 20
At $6 million four years is 24

High or low of neighborhood of 7 to 11 more is more than a few.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...s-eagles-five-years-42-million-sixth-fa-leave

lqmac1

Reaction score
Just watched this interview. Murray is lying through his teeth saying "it wasn't about the money, it's about the chance of winning a Super Bowl here" that brought him here. Even one of the media guys asked him twice if he thought Philly had a better chance than Dallas. Their own media know the deal.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Sure. Great guy.

A lot of babies in this thread.

Thanks for the special season Murray.

The finest rushing one this team had ever seen.

ilykdrama

Reaction score

Behind the best Oline that maybe we've ever had (judging by their age.) Not a baby. I'm mad that he went to a rival and said the things he said.

ilovejerry

Reaction score

Hahahahah what he died at the end of the season special hahahahHa you guys are easy wow special would have 2000 unreal such low expectations

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Just watched this interview. Murray is lying through his teeth saying "it wasn't about the money, it's about the chance of winning a Super Bowl here" that brought him here. Even one of the media guys asked him twice if he thought Philly had a better chance than Dallas. Their own media know the deal.

When they say it's not about the money it's a lie it's all about the money I would have respected him if he came out and said I WANTED TO GET PAID but he didn't I hope he rots there!!!!!