Derrick Brown possibly being on the board at 17

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Brown is going to shrink the pocket. Thats good enough for me. Hed be the bpa for sure. Ill take my corner in round 2
There is not a corner outside of Okudah in this draft that is a better player than Brown.

That should be how the decision is made instead of losing your mind and drafting for need because you did not want to pay your incumbent corner $18M a season.

dallas72

Reaction score
He may be falling.

Bad combine and not a pressure player.

I won’t go as far as saying he is there at 17 but at this point it won’t surprise me.
Lack of football knowledge..smh..Kinlaw has medical & u think he goes before Brown lol

dallas72

Reaction score
When the NT get push inside, it doesn't allow the QB to step up. This will make our defensive ends more successful getting home
No point in trying to talk to Catch17 ..he thinks NFL is Madden

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
When the NT get push inside, it doesn't allow the QB to step up. This will make our defensive ends more successful getting home

When the D tackle gets past the interior he gets in the QBs face.

Pass rush > Push inside.

kskboys

Reaction score
You guys still think in terms of old NFL football..

It’s a passing league.. Do you think Patrick Mahomes cares 1 bit about a guy that stops the run.

When teams run the ball it’s a win for the defense. Running doesn’t lead to points. It’s a passing league.
Stops the run AND pressures the pocket, making it uncomfortable to step up into the pocket.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Stops the run AND pressures the pocket, making it uncomfortable to step up into the pocket.

Yeah I understand that.. I like guys that get past their guys better.

I don’t need to spend a 1st rounder to find what you described.

I’m not against drafting Derrick Brown.. Let me make that clear. I just don’t see what he provides as being as valuable in today’s NFL.

If teams want to run on us I say let them.. Every time they decrease their chance at an explosive play I’m all for it.

mcduff

Reaction score
If I could I’d draft him in the first and Hamilton in second and the DT would be fixed for the future, then focus on CB. Jimmy Johnson said the 3 most important positions were QB, DT, and CB.
I’d start there...

dallas72

Reaction score

I’m not against drafting Derrick Brown.. Let me make that clear. I just don’t see what he provides as being as valuable in today’s NFL.

If teams want to run on us I say let them.. Every time they decrease their chance at an explosive play I’m all for it.
That's stupid. Let them run so have to drop a S then the play action kills you....you obviously dont understand football

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Seriously?!! Now u got my attention. If that’s true u run over old ladies on the way to the podium...

yea he’s much better.

if we are using Cox of the comp... he is Exactly like Cox but not nearly athletic and won’t sack the qb as much. But he’s much better than Cox....

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I believe Brown is one of the few blue chip prospects in this year's class. Really doesn't matter much to me that he had a poor combine as his tape is outstanding and outstanding against top competition. I cannot see him being selected outside the top 10. If either Brown or Kinlaw, somehow make it past 10, I hope the front office gets aggressive and lands either as both would be day 1 impact starters at a need position.

With so many Defensive Tackle 1 Tech's available in fa this year, you would think we should have no problem signing one, especially when all the free agent dollars dry up around the league. This should drive the price down for a quality starter on the open market. Even if we land one, this wouldn't stop me from adding Brown as he is a special talent.

kskboys

Reaction score
You guys still think in terms of old NFL football..

It’s a passing league.. Do you think Patrick Mahomes cares 1 bit about a guy that stops the run.

When teams run the ball it’s a win for the defense. Running doesn’t lead to points. It’s a passing league.
SF, TENN, and BALT disagree w/ you.

BTW, who made it to the championship games?

kskboys

Reaction score

OK, let me try again then. He collapses the pocket. When the DT collapses the pocket, the QB cannot step up to throw, and he becomes easier pickin's for the DE's.

kskboys

Reaction score
Seriously?!! Now u got my attention. If that’s true u run over old ladies on the way to the podium...
It's possible. Brown is still a prospect, so there's always bust potential, but there's simply not much of that w/ this cat.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
OK, let me try again then. He collapses the pocket. When the DT collapses the pocket, the QB cannot step up to throw, and he becomes easier pickin's for the DE's.

Yeah you’re not telling me anything I don’t know lol. This is rookie stuff..

My football knowledge is too advanced for this forum at times so I have to keep that in mind when I discuss advanced things with you guys that you view as radical..

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah you’re not telling me anything I don’t know lol. This is rookie stuff..

My football knowledge is too advanced for this forum at times so I have to keep that in mind when I discuss advanced things with you guys that you view as radical..
Then in all seriousness, why do you keep proclaiming he does nothing but stuff the run?

Fredbeard

Reaction score
I think he compares very well as a prospect to Vita Vea and Dexter Lawrence from the last two classes. Vea went #12 to the Bucs, Lawrence went #17 to the Giants, and I don't think either team is unhappy with their pick.

It's worth noting that Lawrence and Vea didn't even try to do the jump drills or agility trials at their Combines, pry because they knew they'd struggle in them.
I'm sorry you might be right but I thought the giants drafted lawerence in the second round?