Twitter: Details from Lewis's court appearance

tyke1doe

Reaction score
There do not have to be visible injuries for it to be domestic violence. Granted, it becomes harder to prove.

I'm all for our players not committing or being convicted of crimes, but even though we can joke about it being a pillow fight, I'm not going to dismiss the possibility that there was domestic violence involved. If he did drag her around, if he did grab her around the throat because she woke him and he got mad ... well, he deserves whatever he gets and I hope he learns from it.

Obviously, I hope that there is nothing to it, but since I wasn't there, I can't say he did or didn't do what he's being accused of doing.
Sanity prevails.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think he said something about putting his hands on her neck in the police reports, hopefully that gets clarified.
Well, that was a mistake. I agree, hopefully that can be clarified. Her attorney will do his damnedest to run with that comment as far as he's allowed.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Uh ok Mr Karate man on the bruising with forceful grabbing. Guess the avg person is some next level expert that can control their force that much to drag folks and not a mark come up? Smh at some of y'all trying the wildest stuff to be on the "right" side of things. Its more likely you and others are just scarred to say that maybe the woman isn't telling the truth because of how you feel you would be looked at. I understand I just wish people would say that instead of coming up with the more unlikely situations to justify some bologna.

I am the editor of a newspaper and these are things that we see every day in police reports. Domestic violence isn't just about bruising, so not everyone who suffers it comes away with visible marks. You can definitely grab someone and drag them without leaving bruises. You can definitely threaten to choke them, which appears to be the implication, without leaving a mark. Both of those can be abuse.

I've acknowledged in each post I've written that she might not be telling the truth. But to be fair, I've got to also acknowledge that she might be. The ones who are justifying some bologna are those that are just blowing this off as made-up crap without knowing if that's the case.

There's a post I just read that says he acknowledges that he put his hands on her neck. Does that sound like "some bologna" to you? If it does, then I'm not sure I can explain to you what's wrong with that.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I am the editor of a newspaper and these are things that we see every day in police reports. Domestic violence isn't just about bruising, so not everyone who suffers it comes away with visible marks. You can definitely grab someone and drag them without leaving bruises. You can definitely threaten to choke them, which appears to be the implication, without leaving a mark. Both of those can be abuse.

I've acknowledge in each post I've written that she might not be telling the truth. But to be fair, I've got to also acknowledge that she might be. The ones who are justifying some bologna are those that are just blowing this off as made-up crap without knowing if that's the case.
It does not matter what can be done without leaving bruises. What matters is what can be proven. Her word against his is not going to get him convicted. It's his own words that will hurt him.

gimmesix

Reaction score
It does not matter what can be done without leaving bruises. What matters is what can be proven. Her word against his is not going to get him convicted. It's his own words that will hurt him.

I agree. That's the challenge for the prosecution. Are there things Lewis said in his statement to police that implicate him? If there are no visible marks of abuse, then the prosecution will have a hard time proving it without witnesses or Lewis saying at some point that he dragged her or grabbed her neck. The crime scene also can come into play, but I'm not sure it would be applicable in this case since there doesn't seem to be physical evidence.

I'm assuming since the PA took it to court, there is some degree of evidence that he did it. That doesn't mean what occurred was domestic violence, but there are few PA's I've met or talked to who would pursue such a case without having something that proves it.

Again, that doesn't mean he'll be found guilty or that her version of the story is the truth, but some act like PA's just willy-nilly go after people and that's not true, at least in most cases. They are given a case file by whoever investigated the alleged crime, then they review the evidence in the file before deciding to go forward with charges.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I agree. That's the challenge for the prosecution. Are there things Lewis said in his statement to police that implicate him? If there are no visible marks of abuse, then the prosecution will have a hard time proving it without witnesses or Lewis saying at some point that he dragged her or grabbed her neck. The crime scene also can come into play, but I'm not sure it would be applicable in this case since there doesn't seem to be physical evidence.

I'm assuming since the PA took it to court, there is some degree of evidence that he did it. That doesn't mean what occurred was domestic violence, but there are few PA's I've met or talked to who would pursue such a case without having something that proves it.

Again, that doesn't mean he'll be found guilty or that her version of the story is the truth, but some act like PA's just willy-nilly go after people and that's not true, at least in most cases. They are given a case file by whoever investigated the alleged crime, then they review the evidence in the file before deciding to go forward with charges.
The fact that there is no physical evidence and yet the case is now before a judge indicates to me his own comments to police were the difference that got him in hot water. Other than her testimony, there is no other corroborating testimony, as far as I know. He said he put his hands on her throat before he departed the residence. It's up to the judge to determine if that amounts to DV.

gimmesix

Reaction score
The fact that there is no physical evidence and yet the case is now before a judge indicates to me his own comments to police were the difference that got him in hot water. Other than her testimony, there is no other corroborating testimony, as far as I know. He said he put his hands on her throat before he departed the residence. It's up to the judge to determine if that amounts to DV.

Most likely, that's accurate. A lot of people don't understand what can constitute domestic violence. It's amazing when you read police reports/affidavits what people admit to doing without seeing that they did something unlawful. Then they are surprised when they are charged for it. There is a lot of ignorance of the law, especially with domestic violence since it has changed so much over the years.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
My only question is why didn't the court throw it out?

If that's what they are leading with, it sounds like a giant waste of taxpayer dollars. And, an attempt to injure a young man's reputation.

The court won't throw it out at the beginning of the trial no matter how ridiculous the opening statement is.

Philmonroe

Reaction score

I've acknowledged in each post I've written that she might not be telling the truth. But to be fair, I've got to also acknowledge that she might be. The ones who are justifying some bologna are those that are just blowing this off as made-up crap without knowing if that's the case.

There's a post I just read that says he acknowledges that he put his hands on her neck. Does that sound like "some bologna" to you? If it does, then I'm not sure I can explain to you what's wrong with that.
Show me where I said or even implied bold? It's clear as day I said what you said was the "bologna" not what actually happened so don't try some sympathy switch up to make me sound like a bad person. You're an editor and couldn't get that. Must be at the local high school because it sure isn't nothing big time if this is indicative of your normal actions.

Lastly I didn't dismiss jack. I go case by case and just was making fun of your karate man explaining about bruises and I didn't mention anything about no threats so why are you strawmanning adding that? Smh just because I don't agree with you don't mean I'm all the way on the other side but some esp online don't seem to get that.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Probably the dumbest thing I've read on CZ in quite some time

Only dumb because you don't know. Dude i've been in clubs and seen some stuff go down. I've been to a club that got shot up the same night. I know where most of these guys come from. The hood so i know how these guys think to a certain degree.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He said he put his hands on her throat before he departed
he never said that.......he said the only contact he may have made with her was trying to leave the apartment

and any statement he made before he was Mirandized is also inadmissible.... he cannot be forced to testify..... but if the accuser testifies she is open to cross-examination by the Defense

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Only dumb because you don't know. Dude i've been in clubs and seen some stuff go down. I've been to a club that got shot up the same night. I know where most of these guys come from. The hood so i know how these guys think to a certain degree.
It is dumb because he was at home asleep when his GF came home, woke him up and started a fight over the lights being on........ how you got to 'hip hop' clubs being more dangerous for athletes is cray

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
It is dumb because he was at home asleep when his GF came home, woke him up and started a fight over the lights being on........ how you got to 'hip hop' clubs being more dangerous for athletes is cray

I'm speaking in general for all players genius. I'm not talking about specifically his case.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
lol, this is all because he fell a sleep with the lights on? Kick that woman to the curb! ...oh and turn out the lights before going to sleep! :D

She probably just wants part of his NFL paycheck. haha He should have just offered her $25k and been done with it instead of dragging his career through the mud.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Show me where I said or even implied bold? It's clear as day I said what you said was the "bologna" not what actually happened so don't try some sympathy switch up to make me sound like a bad person. You're an editor and couldn't get that. Must be at the local high school because it sure isn't nothing big time if this is indicative of your normal actions.

Lastly I didn't dismiss jack. I go case by case and just was making fun of your karate man explaining about bruises and I didn't mention anything about no threats so why are you strawmanning adding that? Smh just because I don't agree with you don't mean I'm all the way on the other side but some esp online don't seem to get that.

You said, "Its more likely you and others are just scarred to say that maybe the woman isn't telling the truth because of how you feel you would be looked at. I understand I just wish people would say that instead of coming up with the more unlikely situations to justify some bologna.

So you're telling me, unless I'm reading this wrong, that I'm scared that maybe she's lying. Frankly, it's in the best interest of my team that she is lying, so I would love that and for Lewis not to have done anything. You're saying that I and others are doing this because we care about how we are looked at. I'm saying what I'm saying because I understand right from wrong, and if Lewis did drag her and put his hands forcefully around her neck, he was wrong.

You also wrote that those who say Lewis might not be innocent are coming up with "more unlikely situations" to justify what we're saying, which certainly makes me think you are "all the way on the other side" since you don't seem to considering the possibility that he did what she said, when Lewis apparently has said he put his hands on her neck. (Not an implication of guilt, mind you.)

I never said that you are against domestic violence or a "bad person," but your stance seems to be that since there are no visible signs of abuse, then there is no way that it should be seen as domestic violence instead of considering that DV can occur without visible signs. If he did drag her (against her will) and if he did put his hands forcefully around her neck, he did commit domestic violence. The possibility seems to be something you would rather make fun of than seriously consider.

If I'm reading you wrong, I apologize, but I can only go by what you say.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You said, "Its more likely you and others are just scarred to say that maybe the woman isn't telling the truth because of how you feel you would be looked at. I understand I just wish people would say that instead of coming up with the more unlikely situations to justify some bologna.

So you're telling me, unless I'm reading this wrong, that I'm scared that maybe she's lying. Frankly, it's in the best interest of my team that she is lying, so I would love that and for Lewis not to have done anything. You're saying that I and others are doing this because we care about how we are looked at. I'm saying what I'm saying because I understand right from wrong, and if Lewis did drag her and put his hands forcefully around her neck, he was wrong.

You also wrote that those who say Lewis might not be innocent are coming up with "more unlikely situations" to justify what we're saying, which certainly makes me think you are "all the way on the other side" since you don't seem to considering the possibility that he did what she said, when Lewis apparently has said he put his hands on her neck. (Not an implication of guilt, mind you.)

I never said that you are against domestic violence or a "bad person," but your stance seems to be that since there are no visible signs of abuse, then there is no way that it should be seen as domestic violence instead of considering that DV can occur without visible signs. If he did drag her (against her will) and if he did put his hands forcefully around her neck, he did commit domestic violence. The possibility seems to be something you would rather make fun of than seriously consider.

If I'm reading you wrong, I apologize, but I can only go by what you say.
Yeah you're definitely reading me wrong and you can't be going by what I said because what I said wasn't what you said I said. Seems a lack of understanding but I'll say maybe being online I wasn't clear. I'll take that part of it.

One of my points was you sound like a karate expert with that explanation of yours about no bruises. The avg person isn't going to be able to forcefully drag a person and they don't have visible bruises. I also said I think folks will make up things that seem far fetched just not to seem like a misogynistic person or caring when sometimes the case is exactly how it looks. I know I didn't say that as clear but I'm trying to be more clear to avoid further confusion.

My stance isnt what you said. I only quoted you because of the funny to explanation about no bruises. All that threats and the like can be dv who said it couldn't be? I didn't. Just dont do that mr morality thing you're doing saying this is how I'm coming off when the majority of my post was about the no bruises and some folks being afraid of being called a misogynist. It doesn't even get into the dv part so don't add some new chapter to my book lol.