Deuce Vaughn is RB1

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He is too small to be RB1, he won’t last a month if used primarily. He is a gadget player and needs special packages to be used properly.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vaughn is an enormous liability in pass pro.
Since when? I've watched his entire career post high school and there hasn't any sign of it yet.

Will he miss some, sure all backs do. But he hasn't missed any more than normal. Enormous liability? No.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Since when? I've watched his entire career post high school and there hasn't any sign of it yet.

Will he miss some, sure all backs do. But he hasn't missed any more than normal. Enormous liability? No.
He will get ran over and pushed back into the QB.

Flamma

Reaction score
Teams will blitz all day with him in the backfield forcing him to have to pick up the blitz.

On 3rd long a defense will be happy if you dump it to him on a swing pass.
Why would he be in there on 3rd and long?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He isn't small he's short. He's only 4" shorter than Emmitt. He blocked for 3 years at K-St just fine.
He looks small and I just don’t see him being an effective blocker. Last season he missed a block. I believe they’ll get him more involved in the passing game. Give him some room out in space and he could have some success.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He looks small and I just don’t see him being an effective blocker. Last season he missed a block.
Name one who didn't.

He was an effective blocker at K-St in the Big 12 every week for 3 years.

krs1bro

Reaction score
Wo wo slow down
We all got it excited last pre season about duecy when he was going against second, third and fourth stringers but reality hit when regular season came against the ones and he got tossed like a rag doll. You member.......member.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Name one who didn't.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/deuce-vaughn/32005641-5542-4979-415d-9403ea793f9b

Weaknesses​

• Measurables fall well below NFL norm at the position.
  • Takes runs off track unnecessarily at times.
  • Needs to be quicker through the line in the pros.
  • Runs with unusually long strides for a short back.
  • Struggles to find instant acceleration after tapping brakes.
  • Not built for blitz pickups.

Sources tell us

“He’s tough and he’s fun to watch but that’s an impossible sell in our building because of the size. I think he makes it in the league, though.” -- Regional scout for AFC team

RonWashington

Reaction score
He’s not a Rb 1 in the NFL but if Schottenheimer picks his spots creates some plays in space say 8-10 touches a game he’s a weapon . Boston Scott has made a living in the NFL under the right circumstances .

RonWashington

Reaction score
With a younger aggressive OL I think if he can stay healthy Rico Dowdle will quickly limit the need to over expose Zeke .

RonWashington

Reaction score
And my goodness Freeman is nice North down hill pick up . It’s a total RB by committee look for the 24 Cowboys

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Name one who didn't.

Blocking at K State is a lot different than blocking in the NFL. I don’t see him getting a ton of carries this season. He’s clearly behind Zeke and Dowdle. You also have to factor in Royce Freeman who’s a good sized back.

plasticman

Reaction score
Preseason games are becoming such a useless tool to evaluate players. I don't even understand why they bother to keep playing them. It seems as though no team in the league takes them seriously.

Vaughn had a really good game against the league's 2nd tier players. I would have liked to see him against a real 1st team defense with our 1st team offense.

Right now, every team's "first team" is actually half their 2nd team and half 3rd team. Deuce and the O-lie did well against a weak team that will never exist in the regular season so what is the point?

Overall, I think Vaughn did enough to make the team, but it may depend on how many RB's they decide to carry. However, Vaughn is not going to be RB1, and that's not a bad thing for him.

As I've said before, let Zeke take the initial hits, he's better suited to absorb them. Let the other guys, like Deuce and Rico, come in fresh at some point in the game. I think they will perform much better with far less wear and tear,

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We all got it excited last pre season about duecy when he was going against second, third and fourth stringers but reality hit when regular season came against the ones and he got tossed like a rag doll. You member.......member.
I remember last week when he played against the #1’s for a half and averaged over 6 ypc. Member?