Deuce Vaughn is RB1

BlindFaith

Reaction score
He isn't small he's short. He's only 4" shorter than Emmitt. He blocked for 3 years at K-St just fine.
He is small, by actual definition and you know this. And you make it sound like Emmitt was average sized. He wasnt either. He was on the smaller size.
Duece is the smallest player in the NFL.
He is a wasted roster spot. He cant play special teams. He cant block. He has zero catch radius. He is no different than last year with the exception of he doesnt dance around as much.
And same as last year, he doesnt even play until the second half of PRE SEASON games. Has a couple nice plays against scrubs. And bam, now he should be RB1. Step on up Barry Sanders.
He was so good and had so much potential that they were trying him out at WR. Well guess what, he doesnt belong there either. He doesnt belong in the NFL period.
Maybe, just maybe if you needed a return guy you could give him a chance. But they dont even put him out there to start pre season games.
Roster spots are important. Depth is important. Having a small gadget guy that gives you nothing is not important and is really comical at this point to even be talking about honestly.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It’s incredibly obvious.

Anyone else on this roster should just be a player who spells him or brings a little more power during certain situations but he’s far and away our most talented runner and it’s not even close.

They can play all these stupid games with old Zeke and Dowdle but Vaughn is better than all of them and it’s obvious.

Drop the country club BS and play Vaughn.
Our best running back is Trey Lance and it’s not close. :flagwave: :grin:

elcowboi

Reaction score
It’s incredibly obvious.

Anyone else on this roster should just be a player who spells him or brings a little more power during certain situations but he’s far and away our most talented runner and it’s not even close.

They can play all these stupid games with old Zeke and Dowdle but Vaughn is better than all of them and it’s obvious.

I don't see it, but maybe I need to start drinking the Kool-aid. Or maybe it was very strong alcohol. Whatever it is, I want some.

Jipper

Reaction score
LOL
Not surprised at this thread from a guy who has no idea of the importance of a real rin game
If Deuce is RB1, you better start over at RB
So you are saying we need to elevate our RB position? That sounds like a tall task to do in short order. Too bad duece isn’t a vertical threat or his career might reach great heights!

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Cowboys don’t really have an RB1. It’s not DV…They will grab a cut player from another team and improve their current RB room
That’s my hope. Trade or someone. Dolphins have a plethora.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look at the emphasis Detroit, San Francisco, and Green Bay, even Atlanta, put on the running back position. And then there’s the Cowboys where fans are talking about Deuce Vaughn as the primary running back. Do you see a difference?
Not sure that has anything to do with what I posted.

Jarntt

Reaction score
It won't happen, but if the Cowboys put a package together for him where he would get 14-16 touches a game people would be shocked how he could produce.
14 to 16 touches??? I'd say if he makes the roster and makes the game day roster (doesn't run down on KO and punt coverage teams) he is looking at about 4 to 5 touches per game max. I don't think any of our RBs is going to average 14 to 16 touches per game so I agree with you it won't happen. But, 16 touches per game isn't a package, it's your #1 back on this team. He would need to be able to pass protect and run into a wall multiple times per game. I don't think that's his skillset. I like him in a spread out 4 WR set and let him use his quickness.

Hadenough

Reaction score
It’s incredibly obvious.

Vaughn looked slow last year against starters.

Jarntt

Reaction score
How so? Was it him or was it our blocking?
It was him. He was stopped dead in his tracks and thrown backwards way too easily. He looks stronger and tougher and like he is running harder and more aggressively this preseason though. In the past month, he was moving forward after contact on like half his carries. That was the most important change to me because we knew he was elusive. I went from thinking he has no future in this league to wanting to see him on the 53 and wanting to see him get a few carries per game to see what he can do.

shabazz

Reaction score
It won't happen, but if the Cowboys put a package together for him where he would get 14-16 touches a game people would be shocked how he could produce.
We have absolutely nothing to lose by trying this.

The only minor setback is that the defense we face can be pretty certain we won't be passing past 10 yards when he's in

Jarntt

Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/deuce-vaughn/32005641-5542-4979-415d-9403ea793f9b

Weaknesses​

• Measurables fall well below NFL norm at the position.
  • Takes runs off track unnecessarily at times.
  • Needs to be quicker through the line in the pros.
  • Runs with unusually long strides for a short back.
  • Struggles to find instant acceleration after tapping brakes.
  • Not built for blitz pickups.

Sources tell us

“He’s tough and he’s fun to watch but that’s an impossible sell in our building because of the size. I think he makes it in the league, though.” -- Regional scout for AFC team
Come on, you can't use a scouting report. This guy doesn't look like he'd be the NFL all-time rushing leader from his scouting report:

SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES​

• Lacks the breakaway speed desired for an NFL running back, potentially limiting his big-play ability at the next level
  • Injury history raises durability concerns, including a significant setback that cut short a promising junior campaign
  • Limited experience as a bell-cow back, never shouldering a full season's workload at the collegiate level
  • Pass protection technique needs significant refinement to be trusted in third-down situations at the pro level
  • Collegiate production has been inconsistent, failing to string together dominant performances over an extended period