Deuce Vaughn is RB1

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
The team needs a well-rounded RB and a well-rounded backup on the active roster: 2 "every down" backs. If Leupke makes the active roster as a FB, does Dallas really put 4 RB's on the active roster? This is the problem with Duece, and why he was inactive most of last season. He can't play the role of an every down back, and has little to offer on special teams either.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Yall forget how bad he looked in real games last year. He was terrible.
The OL is a big part of that, lets hope thjs year OL will move some and there will be holes to run through

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The team needs a well-rounded RB and a well-rounded backup on the active roster: 2 "every down" backs. If Leupke makes the active roster as a FB, does Dallas really put 4 RB's on the active roster? This is the problem with Duece, and why he was inactive most of last season. He can't play the role of an every down back, and has little to offer on special teams either.
Nonsense. He can fill the role of elite playmaker out of the backfield. Like a Kamara. Someone you give 12-15 touches a game.

None of these other backs can give you that juice and that's far more important to me than some special teams concern. Let the riff raff handle that.

SackMaster

Reaction score
It’s incredibly obvious.

Anyone else on this roster should just be a player who spells him or brings a little more power during certain situations but he’s far and away our most talented runner and it’s not even close.

They can play all these stupid games with old Zeke and Dowdle but Vaughn is better than all of them and it’s obvious.

Drop the country club BS and play Vaughn.
This is the second preseason where he has looked outstanding. Yet last year in the regular season he was anything but. But none of our RBs looked good last year so hopefully that had more to do with the blocking than the RBs themselves.

I will add, I hope you are right because he is the only RB on this roster, not named Lance, that has that big play ability.

johneric8

Reaction score
Gentleman, will someone please tell me where on this earth does it make sense that zeke is RB1? This is ludicrous nut rolling, he was pretty terrible for us his last year here and was just as bad with the patriots as a number 2. What is everyone smoking man? Are the Cowboys really sitting him out because he is their prized #1? This is appalling... The Cowboys right now have a stable of capable backs in today's league but Zeke really isn't on that list... Crazy times..

Mr_437

Reaction score
Interesting thread, I really liked Deuce coming out of college, but his NFL appearances has been underwhelming to me. Rico is clearly RB1 with this group, and next is Freeman, but that's just my opinion. I see Deuce as a guy who has packages to get him in open space, but the down in, down out responsibilities of a true RB I'm not seeing him performing at a high level. Hope he proves me wrong.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is the second preseason where he has looked outstanding. Yet last year in the regular season he was anything but. But none of our RBs looked good last year so hopefully that had more to do with the blocking than the RBs themselves.

I will add, I hope you are right because he is the only RB on this roster, not named Lance, that has that big play ability.
There was nothing to evaluate Deuce on last year.

He was barely ever in a real football situation.

Being up 30 points and running it with 11 guys on defense not feeling any threat of a pass is not a real football circumstance.

Havic

Reaction score
It won't happen, but if the Cowboys put a package together for him where he would get 14-16 touches a game people would be shocked how he could produce.
Even that is a bit much tbh. I'm thinking a more realistic number is under 10

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, Deuce was electric in pre-season last year. However, his regular season state line was 23 carries for 40 yards. Not to mention he nearly got Dak killed on a couple of occasions because he can’t pass pro. How is this year different?
This year no one cares if Dak gets “killed”.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Gentleman, will someone please tell me where on this earth does it make sense that zeke is RB1? This is ludicrous nut rolling, he was pretty terrible for us his last year here and was just as bad with the patriots as a number 2. What is everyone smoking man? Are the Cowboys really sitting him out because he is their prized #1? This is appalling... The Cowboys right now have a stable of capable backs in today's league but Zeke really isn't on that list... Crazy times..
He’s big, experienced, knows his way around the facilities, and above all, is comparatively inexpensive. Checks all the pertinent boxes for the Cowboys’ GM.

conner01

Reaction score
Just don’t go into a state of depression when Zeke is getting carries on first and 10 in game 1.
I suspect he starts out of respect. But he shouldn’t be getting many snaps unless it’s short yardage or you need the blocking help. Vaughn isn’t the guy you want in blocking a blitz but he is the most dynamic runner we have and can be a weapon gif you get him the ball in space

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Zeke was hurt his last year here. And most butt hurt over him was that he was extremely over paid. But thats on Jethro.
NE sucked. Who on that team looked good.

Im not saying Zeke comes in and dominates. He does have a lot of lost tread. But he was an elite level runner when drafted. A healthy Zeke that is still willing to do the dirty work is still an above average RB IMO.