Deuce Vaughn is RB1

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s incredibly obvious.

Anyone else on this roster should just be a player who spells him or brings a little more power during certain situations but he’s far and away our most talented runner and it’s not even close.

They can play all these stupid games with old Zeke and Dowdle but Vaughn is better than all of them and it’s obvious.

Drop the country club BS and play Vaughn.
Deuce is my guy and always has been. He can't play every down but in spots he can get loose and move the sticks. Get him in space and let him do what he does.

visionary

Reaction score
So you are saying we need to elevate our RB position? That sounds like a tall task to do in short order. Too bad duece isn’t a vertical threat or his career might reach great heights!
Im sayng Deuce is not a starter at RB
Hes a gadget player
If you have him in the backfield you are telling the defense it is going to be a run because he cannot block a lick and your QB will get killed

Jipper

Reaction score
Im sayng Deuce is not a starter at RB
Hes a gadget player
If you have him in the backfield you are telling the defense it is going to be a run because he cannot block a lick and your QB will get killed
I know what you were saying...reread my post and look for the humor....

YerocDeam

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, Deuce was electric in pre-season last year. However, his regular season state line was 23 carries for 40 yards. Not to mention he nearly got Dak killed on a couple of occasions because he can’t pass pro. How is this year different?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, Deuce was electric in pre-season last year. However, his regular season state line was 23 carries for 40 yards. Not to mention he nearly got Dak killed on a couple of occasions because he can’t pass pro. How is this year different?
I remember several of those carries being in mop-up time against the Giants when we had almost a 40 point lead and they knew we were running the clock out. He had no chance in that situation. No back would.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The quality of his Carrie’s were not good.

He was in garbage time with 11 guys focused on stopping the run.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I will say this about Vaughn , quit running him
Between the Tackles !!! Screens Jet sweeps pitch outs . Play to strengths .

Surfguy

Reaction score
The running game is going to be a dumpster fire this season imo.

I just want to say to the RB corp....good luck! We're all counting on you.
31iptz.png

YerocDeam

Reaction score
I will say this about Vaughn , quit running him
Between the Tackles !!! Screens Jet sweeps pitch outs . Play to strengths .
If he’s only successful on gadget plays and can’t get the tough yards between tackles AND pass protect, he’s not a RB1 as the OP suggests.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Just no. It's just silly to think Deuce is RB1. His skillset is extremely limited.

RB1 has to be a complete, well rounded back that can run, block, catch, break tackles and move piles.

Dowdle is RB1. Freeman or perhaps Zeke are the next best options.

RonWashington

Reaction score
If he’s only successful on gadget plays and can’t get the tough yards between tackles AND pass protect, he’s not a RB1 as the OP suggests.

I had commented earlier in this thread he’s not a RB1 . This is RB by committee year .
I want to see a healthy dose of Royce Freeman . Soften up the D for the likes of Vaughn & Dowdle .