Deuce Vaughn Will Be a Beast for Us

khiladi

Reaction score
Darren Sproles ran a 4.47 40.

Boston Scott ran a 4.40 40.

Deuce Vaughn ran a 4.56.

If you are going to be Sproles' size, you can't be a step slow.

I disagree. For that size and such minute differences in speed, it’s more about acceleration and shiftiness, of course with good vision. If he hits the hole quick, it’s more than enough.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
He'll be out for a month the first time Bosa breathes on him.

He'll probably spend a year or two on the practice squad before starting his real career in the NFL as a scout, courtesy of the King of Nepotism as well as dear old dad.

Nobody else was going to draft him so I don't see why they just didn't wait to pick him up as a UDFA. I realize all the journalists and analysts are pretending that drafting him was a relevant event but none of them want to risk losing access to the biggest mouth in the league.

If any of them are having trouble finding a story, all they have to do is hang around Jerry for a few minutes. They aren't going to give that up.

Sorry, I know this seems mean spirited but I am so tired of Jerry Jones's PR antics. It's all about money, not winning.
You.make some.good.points. But I am optimisic.

It is a lot about PR with him, and being in front of the cameras.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
One thing I feel certain of he’ll be used on KO returns.

Ken

Reaction score
The man is a beast not a gadget guy...he's the guy that can split the load with Pollard

Some of y'all need to watch at least highlights before you throw a player away
When i first read your comment I thought it was unrealistic. After watching a bunch of tape on this guy, I agree with you.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
When i first read your comment I thought it was unrealistic. After watching a bunch of tape on this guy, I agree with you.
Anyone who actually watches college football and has seen KSU games (not just recently either we are talking over 15 years) knows what they are about. Its laughable to call what Deuce did in college "Gadget" he carried the bal 20+ times a game on a run first team who's second biggest weapon was a bruiser QB....Defense knew who was getting the ball and he still produced at high levels on good defenses...those are the facts.

Ken

Reaction score
Anyone who actually watches college football and has seen KSU games (not just recently either we are talking over 15 years) knows what they are about. Its laughable to call what Deuce did in college "Gadget" he carried the bal 20+ times a game on a run first team who's second biggest weapon was a bruiser QB....Defense knew who was getting the ball and he still produced at high levels on good defenses...those are the facts.
Ya, i don't watch it so i didn't know. I studied the RBs that were considered first 3 round talents as I wanted one. All i knew was that he was 5'5" and i made a lot of assumptions.

He is a complete back IMO.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He had a 90 yard TD run against Alabama and his side to side is as good if not better than the players mentioned above.

His speed won’t be his issue imo. He’s a between the tackles ball carrier.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Do you have any confidence they will properly even use Deuce? They typically never carve out for these guys.

Knowing the Cowboys he will be a returner and catch a few passes.

Would love for them to feature this kid in a package within the offense. Just dont see them doing it.
Hopefully with Moore gone, we will have better playing calling and use of weapons.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He had a 90 yard TD run against Alabama and his side to side is as good if not better than the players mentioned above.

His speed won’t be his issue imo. He’s a between the tackles ball carrier.
His moves through the hole remind me of another #22 (no i dont think he is Emmitt) but the patience he uses to set up the 2nd level blocks is great....once he sees the path he gets upfield very quick. When watching him he does not full speed sprint into the line he sets up blocks makes good hole moves (spins, cuts, etc) the guy has good vision and that speaks of a legit RB to me.

Last edited:

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Might want to tap the breaks a bit. He’s not playing in the Big 12 anymore. Nothing against him; just saying…
I don’t think that really applies. It’s D1 college football. There’s a lot of kids that play in the SEC, ACC, Big 10 that don’t cut it in the NFL. This kid was a star at K-State.

We will see soon enough.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I don’t think that really applies. It’s D1 college football. There’s a lot of kids that play in the SEC, ACC, Big 10 that don’t cut it in the NFL. This kid was a star at K-State.

We will see soon enough.
I guess we need to tap the brakes on B Robinson, you know that Big 12 player.. How the hell did P Mahomes cut it..lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
Darren Sproles ran a 4.47 40.

Boston Scott ran a 4.40 40.

Deuce Vaughn ran a 4.56.

If you are going to be Sproles' size, you can't be a step slow.
his 5k scrimmage yards and bunch of TDs in the same conference on the same team in the same conversation as locket and Sproles ,says hes not a step slow. good try though.. that football field vision and speed cant be taught, he has "it" he plays bigger and faster once he gets the ball.. best year was last season dude was great and that against TX, TCU, and ALA had huge games. Nearly 2k scrimmage yards , hes not overrated.

any other issues go watch the highlights dude can pay football dont care about his height, same stuff was said about Spud and nate in the NBA dudes just played bigger. IM a UT fan saw this dude go off on us too many times.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I guess we need to tap the brakes on B Robinson, you know that Big 12 player.. How the hell did P Mahomes cut it..lol
or Ricky Wiliams, earl Campbell , jamal Charles, Priest homes, Cedrick Benson and 4 other TX RBs that did well in the NFL. oh wait how bout TCUs own LT i guess they were all scrubs being big 12 conference born talent.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
his 5k scrimmage yards and bunch of TDs in the same conference on the same team in the same conversation as locket and Sproles ,says hes not a step slow. good try though.. that football field vision and speed cant be taught, he has it he pays bigger and faster.. best year was last season dude was great and that aganst TX, TCU, and ALA had huge games. Nearly 2k scrimmage yards , hes not overrated.

any other issues go watch the highlights dude can pay football dont care about his height, same stuff was said about Spud and nate in the NBA dudes just played bigger. IM a UT fan saw this dude go off on us too many times.
Yup never saw TCU shut him down either..and umm I did see TCU shut Down some "Other" top tier backs:)

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's fine, sorry it didn't read that way, saying they had similar skill sets and draft measurements vs a more talented Darren sproles are different things
he meant they are very similar coming out of college so you have to have comp, that is Vaugn's comp being mentioned with Lockett and Sproles is upside bruh..

Big_D

Reaction score

Let's see them in the NFL, not high school level talent! lol That seems to be the take on our draft picks but it doesn't apply to anyone else around the league.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Let's see them in the NFL, not high school level talent! lol That seems to be the take on our draft picks but it doesn't apply to anyone else around the league.
Right!

Eagles pick best DT on the board "Why cant we be the Eagles!!!!"
We pick the best DT on the board for the first time in 30 years "Why the hell did we pick this guy the Eagles would've picked better"