Deuce Vaughn Will Be a Beast for Us

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I'm sorta thinking the same thing. Don't want to think it, but can't help it. The comparison to Darren Sproles gives you hopes until you see Sproles injury history:

Oct 28, 2012 NFL Hand Metacarpal Fracture Sproles underwent surgery and missed 3 games.
Sep 9, 2007 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Sproles didn't miss any games.
Aug 12, 2006 NFL Leg Fibula Fracture Sproles missed the entire 2006 season after undergoing surgery on August 14.
Nov 3, 2013 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Sproles' 3rd reported concussion of his NFL career didn't cost him any games.
Oct 12, 2014 NFL Knee MCL Sprain Grade 2 Sproles sprained his MCL against the Giants and sat out 1 game.
Nov 20, 2016 NFL Chest Rib Fracture Sproles took a big hit on a punt return. He was able to play through the injury going forward.
Dec 11, 2016 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Sproles took a vicious hit while fielding a punt. He missed Week 15.
Dec 5, 2010 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Sproles took a helmet to helmet hit and was concussed. He avoided missing a game, though.
Nov 17, 2013 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Sproles missed 1 game.
Sep 24, 2017 NFL Arm Forearm Fracture Also dealing with a torn ACL, Sproles was placed on IR.
Sep 24, 2017 NFL Knee ACL Tear Grade 3 Sproles took a tough hit that broke his wrist and tore his ACL on the same play. Season-ending surgery followed.
Sep 12, 2018 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Sproles missed 7 games with a hamstring injury suffered in practice. Upon returning to practice, he re-aggravated the injury on 11/7
Nov 7, 2018 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Sproles' re-aggravation cost him 3 games.
Oct 6, 2019 NFL Leg Quad Strain Sproles strained his quad Oct. 6 against the Jets. He missed 3 games
Nov 14, 2019 NFL Inguinal Hip Tear Sproles suffered a hip injury in practice ahead of Week 11 game. He missed the remainder of the 2019 season

In his best year (2011) he ran for 603 yards.
The NFL has not been kind to small players. And when the small chooses to it, he'd better like PAIN!
He'll feel plenty of it all over!

Wish this kid the best of luck!
Nice work. Not to say bigger guys dont get hurt, but being small doesnt help.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He was sick at the combine. Not sure how much of a factor that was but it was reported at the time.
Ok someone pulled a quad while running so maybe I'm thinking of the wrong guy

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He's a smaller version of Pollard. Nice gadget player. Still unproven in NFL. Who else we got on the roster? Bunch of nobodies.

Who is going to carry the load? Short yardage?
I think the short yardage back will be Luepke and/or Ronald Jones.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Get the screen play working, it’s been a long time!
If he can make the screen plays work , that itself a success,zeke was killing the screens becuase he was so slow.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
I think we will too. I really do. I'm excited to see what he does in TC and in preseason.
It'll be interesting to watch, thats for sure. I honestly just hope he doesnt get seriously hurt. He requires meticulous blocking and timing so he can sneak through little cracks.

The preseason wont be that. This guy is in for a world of hurt.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'm warming up to this pick, big time. I think my favorite pick was Villiami Fehoko.. But Duece Vaughn will be a player for us.

He gives our offense a different flavor, and there's going to be a different game against San Fran.

I really like his ability to be a RB while also being a WR. In other words, we've got our own guy who can play WR and RB!
Do ya think old fellow, old crow?
wha makes you think tha?

ATXSRT

Reaction score
Deuce is gonna be looking like muggsy bogues out there lol

ap9504280133_custom-9c00ae3f7c400268d748245ee50e156276306fd8.jpg

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm warming up to this pick, big time. I think my favorite pick was Villiami Fehoko.. But Duece Vaughn will be a player for us.

He gives our offense a different flavor, and there's going to be a different game against San Fran.

I really like his ability to be a RB while also being a WR. In other words, we've got our own guy who can play WR and RB!
We already have two of those guys in Pollard and Turpin.
I think you pair a big straight ahead between the hash marks back with one of these RB/WRs to attack outside. Maybe Luepke can be that guy.
I don't see having two RB/WRs on the field a the same time. Though maybe you threaten both edges with two such backs. Can't recall a team *ever* really trying that. You have to go back a ways for legitimate 2 RB sets.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Ask Big 12 opponents who they feared the most. Ask Alabama about stopping him. 88 yard TD allowed. Ask TCU. I could go on and on.

Didn't matter who he played, he produced. Is he a 22 or more carry a guy in this league? No. But when they do get the ball in his hands, watch out. Cowboys now have 2 guys that can get the ball in space and take it to the house.

I've been lucky watching him at K-St. One of the few perks living here in Kansas. Best word to describe him is ELECTRIC.

Will he be a beast for us? Simply put...heck yes!
100%! Some here are trying so hard to put him in Turpin status but he is a completley diferent player, he could carry the ball 22 times if needed, I love Kendre Miller (great season for the Frogs) but going off pure production Deuce is just as productive AS A FUL TIME RB as Miller with LESS injuries...the kid is a legit RB!

offlimits

Reaction score
Without a doubt, once he settles in, MM will have a few designed plays for him and will also use him as a decoy. Find ways to get the ball to this kid in space. He will be fun to watch!

TheCritic

Reaction score
I dont know about beast but Turpin should probably freshen up his resume.
I'd like to see Turpin after getting a full off-season and see how other teams handle seeing both Turpin and Vaughn on the field at the same handling return duties.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I just remember holding my breath when Sproles was on the field, knowing he was always one missed tackle from breaking off a long run. Hoping Deuce has that same affect on fans of other teams.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We maybe taking a page from niners. 3 or so good RBs. Different skill sets but all good at what they do. I heard we got a physical RB from undrafted.