Dez Bryant vs. Antonio Brown

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Dak attempted 24 more passes than Romo did in 2014. He attempted 459 passes which isn't a small number.
More passes...and less yards and fewer tds and fewer yards per attempt and a lower rating. Yeah I wonder if that impacted the wide receiver position at all....

The league is also more pass happy today than it was in 2014.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
More passes...and less yards and fewer tds and fewer yards per attempt and a lower rating. Yeah I wonder if that impacted the wide receiver position at all....

Dez' 3 year run from 2012-2014 of 88 catches 1200 yds and 12 TDs will stand against anyone

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Let me preface by saying I love Dez.

Brown and Odell I'd say targets, routes, RAC, shiftiness. Almost not fair to compare as they're different types of WRs and put in position to really maximize effectiveness.

Julio is just a freak. His blend of size, speed and strength is insane.
You are entitled to your opinion but I feel all those receivers including Dez are too close. What separates them in Dez doesn't get the targets the other ones get but yet Dez is just as good and produces

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Romo only had one season with a higher passer rating than Dak did this past season. Dak's performance this season didn't have a negative impact on Beasley who had a career year. Written had a solid year. Dak throws to the open receiver and Dez has trouble separating. Most of his catchers are contested.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Romo only had one season with a higher passer rating than Dak did this past season. Dak's performance this season didn't have a negative impact on Beasley who had a career year. Written had a solid year. Dak throws to the open receiver Dez has trouble separating.
I wonder how Dak would have played with Phil Costa under center.

Dak played great in the dream QB scenario. Let's hope he has longevity. But anyone who watched Dak and said he is even in Romo's ballpark as a QB....today....well let's agree to disagree because you actually either don't understand the qb position or never paid attention.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wonder how Dak would have played with Phil Costa under center.

Dak played great in the dream QB scenario. Let's hope he has longevity. But anyone who watched Dak and said he is even in Romo's ballpark as a QB....today....well let's agree to disagree because you actually either don't understand the qb position or never paid attention.

Dak isn't the pure passer that Romo is but he's a good passer and will get better. He's a dual threat that provides things that Romo doesn't and has some great intangibles. I'm excited about our future with him.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Let me preface by saying I love Dez.

Brown and Odell I'd say targets, routes, RAC, shiftiness. Almost not fair to compare as they're different types of WRs and put in position to really maximize effectiveness.

Julio is just a freak. His blend of size, speed and strength is insane.
When was the last time odb or brown scored more then 15 tds in a season?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Dak isn't the pure passer that Romo is but he's a good passer and will get better. He's a dual threat that provides things that Romo doesn't and has some great intangibles. I'm excited about our future with him.
It's great to be excited about Dak. We all are. But disparging Romo who is the best QB on our roster doesn't do anyone any good. We should be thankful for his 10 years of service without whom who knows how many mistakes at the position and how many 1st rounders we'd have thrown at the position.

blumayne38

Reaction score
I'm terrified it has never worked. The duel threat offense NEVER WORKS only "duel threat" qb I remember winning was Russell Wilson. He is 2× the passer dak is and he had a GREAT defense

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's great to be excited about Dak. We all are. But disparging Romo who is the best QB on our roster doesn't do anyone any good. We should be thankful for his 10 years of service without whom who knows how many mistakes at the position and how many 1st rounders we'd have thrown at the position.

No one is disparaging Romo, end of discussion.