Dez Bryant vs. Antonio Brown

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm terrified it has never worked. The duel threat offense NEVER WORKS only "duel threat" qb I remember winning was Russell Wilson. He is 2× the passer dak is and he had a GREAT defense

It worked with Steve Young and Donovan McNabb won a lot of games. Wilson didn't come close to passing the ball as well as Dak his rookie season.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I'm terrified it has never worked. The duel threat offense NEVER WORKS only "duel threat" qb I remember winning was Russell Wilson. He is 2× the passer dak is and he had a GREAT defense
He is more Steve Young than Michael Vick.

Verdict

Reaction score
And if Brown played here in our scheme and Dez played in theirs you would want Dez and it wouldn't be close.

Or maybe Dez couldn't play in their scheme because he is a poor route runner and can't get separation?

Verdict

Reaction score
wow that is a big difference !

Mind boggling if true. A better player (Brown) with much less guaranteed money. Jerry has been pretty stiff negotiator with some contracts but Dez, Witten and Ratliff not some of them.

Proof

Reaction score
You are entitled to your opinion but I feel all those receivers including Dez are too close. What separates them in Dez doesn't get the targets the other ones get but yet Dez is just as good and produces

I'm not going to argue against Dez. I'm a huge fan

Cebrin

Reaction score
Brown is an exceptional route runner, and most receivers at his size are. That gets him open, and he's a little faster. Dez is as strong as an Ox, an underrated route runner, and a freak athlete. They are as different as night, and day, and are utilized entirely different. Antonio is a Cole Beasley type with a bigger body. Dez is Michael Irvin 2.0, but a better athlete. I wouldn't say one is better than the other. I will say, if I'm in the red zone, or a clutch play moment, there isn't a receiver in the NFL that I'd rather have in that moment than Dez Bryant. All respect to Antonio. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Rather have Brown and it's not close.

Meh. Being exposed to the Steelers far more than I want to be up here, it's apparent they work a lot harder to get the ball to Brown than the Cowboys do to get it to Dez.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Or maybe Dez couldn't play in their scheme because he is a poor route runner and can't get separation?

Poor route running, and lack of separation? What Dez are you watching? Hurt ankle Dez, or healthy Dez? Dez isn't Beasley level, or Antonio level at route cutting, but he also outweighs them both by 40 to 50 pounds. I don't see those guys stacking touchdowns doing this either.
cowboysweb23s-2-web.jpg

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Brown had more drops then dez this year......

He also averaged over 3 more targets per game than Dez, so that's part of it. I still prefer Dez over Brown, but the Steelers are more creative in getting Brown targets than the Cowboys are with Dez. I wish we could get the ball in Dez's hands more often.

Cebrin

Reaction score
He also averaged over 3 more targets per game than Dez, so that's part of it. I still prefer Dez over Brown, but the Steelers are more creative in getting Brown targets than the Cowboys are with Dez. I wish we could get the ball in Dez's hands more often.
The Steelers also don't have Witten, and Beasley. We don't have to force feed Dez. Though I sure love watching him when they do, brother.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
Dez Bryant contract ---5yr $70m

Antonio Brown---- 4yr $68 M extension

Antonio Brown is the co-record holder for most consecutive seasons with 100 or more receptions in a year at 4 with Marvin Harrison. Dez contract averages $14 million per year. If my math is right, Brown is getting paid $17 Million per year and is the highest paid receiver in the NFL.

Considering that Dez was signed before the 2015 season and revenues have gone up substantially since then (increased salary cap) even if Dez were as good as Brown the Brown contract would probably be a bargain compared to Dez, but based on production and quality of player, Dez isn't remotely in Brown's league currently.

Dez' contract is a relatively bad contract cap wise for the team. I hope we are more judicious going forward.

We have to start looking at the nuances of things instead of just the stats. Dez hits pay dirt more than anyone. Dez would be killing everyone in TDs if it wasnt for injuries to himself and to his quarterback. Look how browns numbers dropped when Ben wasnt playing this year. Another thing I want you to think about is what Dez Production would be like with someone that hangs in the pocket and extends plays like Big Ben. Im not saying Dez is clearly better than Brown, but to say he is not in Browns league is a huge stretch.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The poster said Dez drops more balls which is false. Brown drops more passes, doesn't matter about anything else some it was a false claim