Dez, envy is not a good look

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Yikes. I really appreciated Dez’s ability at his peak but let’s not get carried away here.

Dez will never make the HoF and only you and Dez are likely to call him “one of the best we in nfl history”
Top 3 cowbous wr all time
Top 50 nfl wr all time

Being top 50 all time when there were how many wr who have entered the nfl is no slouch. tons with more ability than Dez.

Dez loved being a cowboy and he was fun to watch.

He also is not the only player who has posted about Tebow.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Top 50 nfl wr all time

Being top 50 all time when there were how many wr who have entered the nfl is no slouch. tons with more ability than Dez.

Dez is due the RoH.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Bryant was a "star" player that was sent packing by Jerry Jones. Do you have any idea how hard that is to accomplish. It says everything you need to know about the guy.

to be fair, he broke his leg and then tore an Achilles. Not many WRs come back from that.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Tom Brady in 2019 had 3 games of zero Touchdowns........You know what their record was? 12-4 that year....guess what the Patriots records were when he threw 0 touchdowns in a game? 3-0......

Checkmate.
Tom Brady didn't have Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, Jarwin, and Witten to throw to either.

Are you really trying to say that it's anyone but Daks fault that we lost games where the defense held opponents to 12, 13, and 17 points? Who else could you possibly blame for that besides the QB? If the throws just 1 TD in any of those games we win. If the Pats would have lost those games it would have 100% been Bradys fault for his poor play, just like it's Daks fault.

I don't see why other QBs even have to be brought up in this. Tom Brady is not making 40 million a year and never has. Dak is making more money then everyone but Mahomes.

You should expect better out of your QB instead of trying to defend his poor play with "well, so and so had games where he didn't throw any TDs either!" These whataboutisms are lame.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I understand Dez's point EXACTLY. But I think Tebow is a rare exception. Tebow has been getting these type chances all his life. I mean, aside from Michael Jordan, who else has been able to walk from one professional sport into another having not played that sport in YEARS?
Tebow is a draw.

The same reason McGregor fought Mayweather with ZERO professional boxing matches.

When you are a draw then you will get opportunities.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Top 50 nfl wr all time

Top 50 all-time? Where is that coming from?

I’ve slammed the Tebow signing and think it’s ridiculous. I agree it’s a sham and I’m glad we didn’t hire Meyer. He’s going to find that an NFL team is not a kingdom like he had in college, particularly a lowly franchise like the Jags.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Tom Brady didn't have Cooper, Gallup, Cobb, Jarwin, and Witten to throw to either.

Are you really trying to say that it's anyone but Daks fault that we lost games where the defense held opponents to 12, 13, and 17 points? Who else could you possibly blame for that besides the QB? If the throws just 1 TD in any of those games we win. If the Pats would have lost those games it would have 100% been Bradys fault for his poor play, just like it's Daks fault.

I don't see why other QBs even have to be brought up in this. Tom Brady is not making 40 million a year and never has. Dak is making more money then everyone but Mahomes.

You should expect better out of your QB instead of trying to defend his poor play with "well, so and so had games where he didn't throw any TDs either!" These whataboutisms are lame.
How the hell did a thread about Dez and Tebow result in a Dak attack?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
How the hell did a thread about Dez and Tebow result in a Dak attack?
Because some user slighted Tebow for winning games 17-13 and I pointed out that Dak lost 3 such games in 2019 and didn't throw a single TD in them combined, which lead to an 8-8 record, and got 40 million a year for it..... and it spiraled from there.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Yawn....pushing the goal post back. At first it was no one does it. I show you Tom Brady does it and his team still wins and now it’s “I don’t get why any other quarterback has to be brought up”.....stop it.

You are missing the whole point. You are saying we should wish more out of our quarterback but it’s unrealistic to expect your quarterback not to have a bad game. It’s going to happen this isn’t Madden.

What does what Dak is getting paid this year have to do with what he did 2 years ago? Make up your mind.......

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because some user slighted Tebow for winning games 17-13 and I pointed out that Dak lost 3 such games in 2019 and didn't throw a single TD in them combined, which lead to an 8-8 record, and got 40 million a year for it..... and it spiraled from there.
It’s moronic. You bringing up Daks worst games to compare to Tebows ceiling games....just moronic.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Top 50 all-time? Where is that coming from?

I’ve slammed the Tebow signing and think it’s ridiculous. I agree it’s a sham and I’m glad we didn’t hire Meyer. He’s going to find that an NFL team is not a kingdom like he had in college, particularly a lowly franchise like the Jags.
His stats and watching him play.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
There might be a team that he can help. I wish him well. Even if he needs to go play in the CFL, that's fine. He could do that, and I don't mean that with malice. Most people don't have anywhere near the athletic ability needed to just play in the CFL. Doug Flutie played there. Dez could do that and maybe help a Canadian team win the Grey Cup. Or there may be an NFL team that can use him as a role player.

jnday

Reaction score
Why does it upset you so much that Tebow got signed?
He didn’t get signed. He only got a tryout, but you would think that the Jags did something stupid, like sign him to a $40 million a year contract from the reaction from the Tebow haters.