Did anybody else notice what Romo said on the sideline during the Lions game?

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
kojak;1285243 said:
He could of thought he was getting benched for his turnovers. Maybe they had a game plan on getting Bledsoe some playing time before we went into the playoff's.

There are too many numerous reason's why one would say this. Unless your on the sidelines it's really tough to assume what was actually going on. We only see bit's a peices and not the whole incident.

Your exactly right....I guess we really don't know. Just thought it was an interesting comment that Romo made with discussing.

Thanks for the good response. :cool:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1285248 said:
http://img270.*************/img270/9537/1fattyfatfatfat6un.gif

lmao.jpg

gbrittain

Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1285250 said:
Your exactly right....I guess we really don't know. Just thought it was an interesting comment that Romo made with discussing.

You keep talking about Romo's mistakes and want to bench him. Could you please pretty please talk to me about Bledsoe's performance early in the year and explain to me how it is better than Romo's performance so far this year.

I ask, yet I know you will not answer, answer honestly or both.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Ask yourself this question......Would Bledsoe had made the play in the endzone when he dropped the ball picked it up and then completed a pass for a first down?

The answer is no. It would have been a safety or td for the defense.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1285247 said:
I'm here for intelligent football discussion capishe?

If you want to fish please take your pole elseware. :cool:

Then make an intelligent post, because this one SUCKS!

Besides, I think you are the one that is fishing...

gbrittain

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1285259 said:
Ask yourself this question......Would Bledsoe had made the play in the endzone when he dropped the ball picked it up and then completed a pass for a first down?

Bledsoe would have done the drop part...just not the rest.:lmao2:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
5Stars;1285260 said:
Then make an intelligent post, because this one SUCKS!

Besides, I think you are the one that is fishing...

:bow: :bow:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Thank goodness I won't have to endure this mess on Saturday.

DarbyTubbs545_0822.jpg

Thanks for the memories Drew. Please go away.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1285250 said:

I do see Tony starting the game saturday. But if his problem persists and we are getting decent o-line protection. It wouldn't surprise one bit to see Bledsoe come into the game.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1285269 said:
*SIGH* oh so true and I was/am a Bledsoe fan.

I feel sorry for Bledsoe. I like the guy, I just do not want him to ever throw another ball with a Cowboy uniform on again, unless of course he could be throwing the ball for the team Dallas is playing. That is one way for Dallas to get some sacks.

I really do not believe Bledsoe will get another starting gig, but if he does he will be on the shortest leash ever.

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
gbrittain;1285258 said:
You keep talking about Romo's mistakes and want to bench him. Could you please pretty please talk to me about Bledsoe's performance early in the year and explain to me how it is better than Romo's performance so far this year.

I ask, yet I know you will not answer, answer honestly or both.

The 'numbers' show that Bledsoe did not play well in the first 6 games of the season.....never have argued that....however my point has been that we were at least in the games he lost and had a CHANCE to win....in Jax, Philly, down 5 to the giants before he was pulled.

Romo's 'numbers' have been good enough enough to get him a probowl birth, but what about the December numbers? Aren't you supposed to be playing your best ball in the month of december as a QB and team overall? We just lost to the 2-13 Lions at HOME....THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE!! We were also killed at home by two playoff teams...I'm sorry but no matter which way you spin it you can't deny Romo's bad play in these games. He directly contributed to these losses with his bad mistakes.

If we were winning it'd probably be a moot point....but we aren't Chicago and Romo isn't Rex Grossman.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
gbrittain;1285277 said:
I feel sorry for Bledsoe. I like the guy, I just do not want him to ever throw another ball with a Cowboy uniform on again, unless of course he could be throwing the ball for the team Dallas is playing. That is one way for Dallas to get some sacks.

I really do not believe Bledsoe will get another starting gig, but if he does he will be on the shortest leash ever.

If a miracle was to happen and we have the game wrapped up with a big lead he should be sent in to kneel a couple of times. :D

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
gbrittain;1285277 said:

I like Bledsoe also, however, this is a young man's game, and Bledsoe is not the future...at all!

Besides, Bledsoe is doing his part...he's contributing to the Sunflower Seed Industry...what more can be asked of him?

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
kojak;1285276 said:
I do see Tony starting the game saturday. But if his problem persists and we are getting decent o-line protection. It wouldn't surprise one bit to see Bledsoe come into the game.

Bledsoe's only getting in this game if Romo steps on a land mine.

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1285259 said:

No he probably would have not....but that's not really the crux of this arguement...that with Bledsoe our defense has played better and we were in everygame except for one since he's been a cowboy (AT Washington last year).

Romo has talent but he is not a true winner....yet! Bledsoe has been winning for 14 years now.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
StarAmongStars;1285095 said:
Yes I remember all of those games because we had a CHANCE to win them at least with Bledsoe.

Ah, what second guessing and distance will do for your perspective.

I remember posters here arguing why Parcells didn't turn the offense loose last year because we would lose by close margins.

And this year, posters are clamoring for Parcells to get more conservative by establishing and sticking with the running game. :laugh1:

I think what is interesting, though, is the game plan based on the quarterback.

With Bledsoe, Keyshawn and a better playing defense the Cowboys played in closer to the vest.

With Romo, TO and a worse playing defense, the Cowboys are airing it out more.

Hhhhmmm.

It seems as if our ability at QB and WR have made the difference in philosophy. That must mean that with Bledsoe behind center and Keyshawn at receiver, the Cowboys played more a conservative brand of football but with Romo and TO, it plays a looser brand of football.

Hey do you remember the Giants game when it was a 5 point deficit that turned into a 3 score one?

You mean the 12-7 ball game that could have been 14-12 before the half when Bledsoe inexplicably change the play and threw an interception at the goal line? :confused:

How about the Saints....42-17 ring a bell?

You mean the 42 points that the defense gave up that had nothing to do with Romo and resulted in Romo pressing to catch up?

You brought up the Philly game when we were down 7 points and Drew turned it over.....Romo never had a chance at home losing by 16.

But was that Romo's fault or the defense's?

(Also want to add Drew is 2-1 against Philly...best record since Aikman against them).

Seeing how our quarterbacks since Aikman were Hutchinson, Quincy Carter, Henson and a cast of forgetable characters, that's not saying much.

See my friend...the double edged sword slices both ways.

Yes, anyone can toss around figures without context and cry "double edged sword" but I'll do you one better.

Please show me where Romo pulls a last second "Bledsoe" by turning the ball over either at the end of the game or at half-time?

You're on the clock.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

:D