Did anyone watch the Cowboys-Vikings replay last night?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I checked out some of it and plan to watch it some more today. But in the short time I did watch it, what jumped out to me was the play of current free agent DE Everson Griffen against Tyron Smith. He truly gave our left tackle everything that he could handle, and then some. To be honest, the Vikings front in general outplayed our offensive line. Zeke and the running game ran into a brick wall all night and Minnesota was also able to maintain an excellent pass rush as well.

Watching Griffen perform so well, it reaffirms my beliefs that signing him would be the icing on the cake to a near-perfect offseason. It would solidify the RDE spot and take away the current uncertainty and guesswork at the position.

Free up the money and go sign a true, available, quality RDE.
Garrett!!!!!! Should have been fired after that game. Dak was in a groove passing the ball then we run the ball two times in a row. He was afraid we would give the Vikings the ball back with too much time on the clock. Scared money don’t make money.....

HungryLion

Reaction score
And you STILL practice your craft on your couch. Please tell us all about all of the NFL execs that have knocked on your door and sat next to you on your couch and begged you to be their new GM/head of scouting. Gee, I didn't know the Cowboys were the only team to draft a player that turned out to be a bust. I could have sworn I saw every other team over the years do the very same thing, but with how you're reacting to Charlton the Cowboys have to be the first. Ah poor boy is jealous that he's not a son of Jerry that's been the primary negotiator for the Cowboys for the last 5 years. Ya let us know when you get a real NFL title of GM.

Well everyone that solidified it. Shut the forum down. Since everyone on this forum just practices our craft from the couch.

Ifs pointless to have the forum anymore since none of us should share our opinions about the cowboys. Since we are just couch jockeys.

@Reality shut it down man.

It’s been fun everyone.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett!!!!!! Should have been fired after that game. Dak was in a groove passing the ball then we run the ball two times in a row. He was afraid we would give the Vikings the ball back with too much time on the clock. Scared money don’t make money.....

Yet another clear example of how we're so much better off with him finally, deservedly, being gone.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Then feel free to NOT express your opinion here anymore. Based on your self-described notion that none of it matters compared to what the born into it 'professionals' think.

Oh I see I'm not free to express my opinions about the things people say from the comfort of their couches. If those people are free to express their couch born opinions I should be free to comment on those opinions.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh I see I'm not free to express my opinions about the things people say from the comfort of their couches. If those people are free to express their couch born opinions I should be free to comment on those opinions.

Hold yourself to the same standards you're trying to hold others to.

Don't be a hypocrite.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Well everyone that solidified it. Shut the forum down. Since everyone on this forum just practices our craft from the couch.

Ifs pointless to have the forum anymore since none of us should share our opinions about the cowboys. Since we are just couch jockeys.

@Reality shut it down man.

It’s been fun everyone.

Nobody, including me, has said that everyone can't express their opinions. The thing is not everyone or anyone has to agree with them and also have the right to express that too.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I checked out some of it and plan to watch it some more today. But in the short time I did watch it, what jumped out to me was the play of current free agent DE Everson Griffen against Tyron Smith. He truly gave our left tackle everything that he could handle, and then some. To be honest, the Vikings front in general outplayed our offensive line. Zeke and the running game ran into a brick wall all night and Minnesota was also able to maintain an excellent pass rush as well.

Watching Griffen perform so well, it reaffirms my beliefs that signing him would be the icing on the cake to a near-perfect offseason. It would solidify the RDE spot and take away the current uncertainty and guesswork at the position.

Free up the money and go sign a true, available, quality RDE.
All I saw was our coach looking lost on the sideline. It didn’t stand out because that was the norm for the last decade lol

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Hold yourself to the same standards you're trying to hold others to.

Don't be a hypocrite.

I see that reading and comprehension is a problem for you to. I said if you can from your couch say your opinions that I and yes mine are from my couch too, should be able to say mine. The difference is on this is I'm going with what professionals are doing or not doing and you are trying to say that you're couch born opinions are smarter than the professionals.. Let me put this another way. Jerry and Stephen have over 30 years on NFL experience and you have zero.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Well that's why I've kind of moved passed him. McCarthy has a history facing him and George Edwards knows him better than anyone in this organization. Doesn't seem to be interest. Not sure if that's confidence in Aldon and Gregory or just not a fan of Griffin.

I forgot about this part.....but could also have a hand-shake agreement of him giving us a chance to match his best offer. Pretty obvious he has gotten anything close to what he thinks he's worth. So I wouldn't rule this out yet at all. Stephen could have also told him we can offer a little more AFTER signing Dak. But you have to think there's no question we would be his most desirable option from a coaching standpoint.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see that reading and comprehension is a problem for you to. I said if you can from your couch say your opinions that I and yes mine are from my couch too, should be able to say mine. The difference is on this is I'm going with what professionals are doing or not doing and you are trying to say that you're couch born opinions are smarter than the professionals.. Let me put this another way. Jerry and Stephen have over 30 years on NFL experience and you have zero.

25 of which they've spent not winning a thing. But yeah, the world needs sheep like you who can't think for themselves. It's how other people are able to take advantage of people like you.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I think it has everything to do with asking price.

In the same way that players like Clowney and Logan Ryan are still available. Their current asking prices are too high and no teams are willing to meet them.

1000% ....

fivetwos

Reaction score
On one hand, signing Griffen would be the right move, but on the other, Jerry is pretty dialed in with the league and must have a reasonable idea that Smith and Gregory will be reinstated if they seem to be counting on them

Whether those two combined are a better bet than Griffen alone is a separate debate, but it does seem like the team is content with rolling with those two and the kids.....and there is quite the logjam if you add up the bodies.

Proof

Reaction score
Well that's why I've kind of moved passed him. McCarthy has a history facing him and George Edwards knows him better than anyone in this organization. Doesn't seem to be interest. Not sure if that's confidence in Aldon and Gregory or just not a fan of Griffin.

this is actually an interesting point. Hadn’t thought of it

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On one hand, signing Griffen would be the right move, but on the other, Jerry is pretty dialed in with the league and must have a reasonable idea that Smith and Gregory will be reinstated if they seem to be counting on them

Jerry has a long history of getting burned by relying on unreliable players. It's one thing to take a chance on guys like this, and to give them opportunities, that's fine. It's quite another to count on them to do that and not cover yourself for if and when they don't.

Whether those two combined are a better bet than Griffen alone is a separate debate, but it does seem like the team is content with rolling with those two and the kids.....and there is quite the logjam if you add up the bodies.

I'd go through the list and easily find a place for a proven RDE.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
this is actually an interesting point. Hadn’t thought of it
Yeah I don't get why George Edwards wouldn't be pounding on the table for him. Maybe the price is to extreme but I haven't even heard a rumor about the Cowboys looking at him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I forgot about this part.....but could also have a hand-shake agreement of him giving us a chance to match his best offer. Pretty obvious he has gotten anything close to what he thinks he's worth. So I wouldn't rule this out yet at all. Stephen could have also told him we can offer a little more AFTER signing Dak. But you have to think there's no question we would be his most desirable option from a coaching standpoint.
Its possible. But we haven't heard ANYTHING about the Cowboys being interested. Seems like with a caliber of Griffen we would hear rumblings at least.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
What are you talking about? He drove the team down the field and then they decided to run the ball on 2nd and 2 and 3rd and 3. Now if he audibles to those plays, it’s on him.

What are YOU talking about, he was throwing ducks to the sideline. One got broken up and should have been picked off.

12:45 - that's a throw, on 4th down, a noodle arm throw that got broken up. He sucked in crunch time where this board used to say he was clutch. FAILED.