News: DMN: Cowboys needed extra security for Greg Hardy; some teammates soured on him

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Yes. Many people would read reports of his actions and see pictures giving evidence of such actions and come to the conclusions you have. Congratulations on being pro domestic violence! Awesome stance dude!

solid straw man reply. calling someone pro-domestic violence doesn't make it true, and doesn't make your point any less crappy.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
He'll be a pro-bowler for cincy next year

Maybe, but if the coach doesn't really want him here and the locker room is mixed on him, he shouldn't be here. We won 4 games this year with him on the roster...2 of which, he was inactive for, so I think we can losing Hardy will not be the end of the world.

The biggest disappointment is Hardy in essence cost us a 4th round pick (comp pick this year for Demarco Murray) and he did not play well enough to warrant a contract that would get us a 3rd or 4th next year.

silver

Reaction score
Bring him back. He might be a headache but was our best d-lineman all year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bring him back. He might be a headache but was our best d-lineman all year.

Dallas will do what they feel is the right move for them. If it were my call I would bring it back but it would be done with the understanding that he is to follow all rules set down by the team and a conduct policy in place to protect the Cowboys within the contract. 4-12 team needs to start holding players accountable. Right now not in the mood to cut anyone slack and hope the Cowboys figure this out

AzorAhai

Reaction score
You're dreaming at #4. Bosa is the clear consensus #1 pick in this draft, ahead of everyone else by a wide margin.

He's not the "clear consenus #1 pick". Tunsil is regarded as the best player much more frequently than Bosa in this draft. Tennessee is probably going to take Tunsil.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
You're dreaming at #4. Bosa is the clear consensus #1 pick in this draft, ahead of everyone else by a wide margin.

Not really, pretty good chance Tunsil goes #1. He has the talent to warrant the pick and would make more sense considering Tenn will want to protect Marcus Mariota. But with that being said, he would get picked by SD at #3 after CLE takes a QB at #2.

pancakeman

Reaction score

I've seen plenty of mock drafts that have Tunsil going first, so you're wrong about "consensus."

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
What Broaddus had to say certainly doesn't mesh with Mincey saying the following very recently: “I would love to come back. I love the Cowboys. I love everything about the organization”

Several impending free agents have expressed their desire to stay with the Cowboys...to include Mincey, Hardy, Dunbar, Jack Crawford, Claiborne, etc.

Mincey was playing injured & didn't produce a single sack all season...that's more likely why his snaps were reduced, in addition to wanting to get some of the younger guys like Gregory, Irving, etc. more playing time.

Speaking of being late for meetings: "The Jaguars released Mincey on Friday after he was late for another team meeting, according to a source close to the team. That comes nearly three weeks after he did not make the team's trip to Houston because he overslept and was late for a team meeting."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10130299/jeremy-mincey-released-jacksonville-jaguars

Very interesting.

I happen to like Mincey. I know he underperformed, but he was hurt. He kind of wears it on his sleeve and let's people know and I like that in a player. I also realize that's not what he gets paid for but fully healthy and in a rotation I think he can help.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
"Along the way, Hardy became a constant headache for Jason Garrett. The Cowboys coach met with him at least four times to address his conduct."

4 times?

Red not really imposing his will is he?

Hardy gotta go.

Jason, clearly, was/is afraid of the woman abuser.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I could see the first part of the offseason going like this...

1. We'll let Hardy go elsewhere. I don't really think we're going to resign him.
2. JF or RGIII (Most likely JF) will be signed.
3. At pick #4 we will skip on QB and go with Bosa, provided he's still on the board.

I think this is how things will play out from those standpoints.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This organization has a history of paying players for constantly underachieving and lack of discipline and accountability on Jason and Jerry's watch. Of course all the under achievers want to come back

They got rid of Austin. The only overpaid player we have now is Carr. I think your problem is your vision is locked in the past. Thanks for pointing out that I come across as high and mighty to you. Itill make our conversations in the future that much more fun.

All I do is try to post facts and logic based on reality. Mighty indeed.