Do you care if we resign Dak?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
He will be our QB for this season, no doubt.
After this season, I personally want him resigned, but if they find a way to secure another franchise QB (maybe even trade Parsons for draft position), then I’m okay with not resigning him.

What I do not want to see is Dallas not resigning him without a real QB option. The “let’s see what happens, maybe we will find another QB the way we found Dak and Romo, let’s sign some guys off the street who may work out (all of which they’ve done in the past) is really stupid and frustrating. I don’t want to tank every year until the right QB drops to us as a value draft pick.

The Cowboys had no real plan to replace Aikman, never prepared for it. They didn’t even plan for Romo’s injuries, much less retirement, until they took a flier on Dak in round 4. Even the Cowboys were surprised by his record setting rookie year. Have they planned ahead at any point when Dak could have held out? No. One year the man actually played out the final year of his contract, but where would we have been if he’d held out like most QBs. No plan when they had to franchise him. No plan knowing this contract was running out….no plan to sign him when it would have been cheaper, no plan to replace him, no plan had he decided to hold out and protect himself this year because he certainly could afford it.

Maybe it will work out, but I’m shocked that fans think the Cowboys will find a way to be competitive. I don’t want to be the worst team in the NFC East again. Been there, and it sucks!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Guy is 32 before his next contract starts and has a bum ankle. It would be really stupid to handicap the roster by paying him 60 per.
There's most likely nothing wrong with Dak's ankle. That rumor was something that was dug up to break the monotony of the offseason.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
There's most likely nothing wrong with Dak's ankle. That rumor was something that was dug up to break the monotony of the offseason.
Take a second and think about what you just wrote. Dak admitted he has occasional soreness in his surgically repaired ankle. Enough soreness and discomfort to wear a walking boot just to get around.

Dude is damaged goods and it has hurt his on field product. His mobility in the pocket is gone and his straight line speed has been diminished. FACTS

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I really don't care one way or the other. My sense is that Dak will not lead this team to a SB and without Dak, the team may regress before rebounding with a new QB.

Either way, I am still a fan and will watch the games.
28 years and Jerry's top QBs were Romo and Dak.

So what's chances of the next QB. Will he have a chance in Dallas? Dallas is where QBs come to die.....

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Have you not seen the center play the last few years? Beebe probably a better starting center by week one. If not, easily after 2-3 games.
Where does the belief that a guy that played guard in college can walk into the NFL and become a proficient center in 2 or 3 games come from? Has it ever happened?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Where does the belief that a guy that played guard in college can walk into the NFL and become a proficient center in 2 or 3 games come from? Has it ever happened?
Yeah I'm a Beebe fan, but I think we are in for some serious growing pains on the Oline. Biadasz was a pretty average player despite the narrative that he was a total trash can out there.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Cause there isn't anything to accuse me of. I didn't accuse you, I simply stated facts.

Your "bored" seems a lot like "He won't let me twist his words. I've got nothing else". :thumbup:
You’re back again? I must have really gotten under your skin. Let it go and relax. :rolleyes:

lopey

Reaction score
I find myself not caring much anymore. Team has wore me down after 50 years of watching this team i really dont care

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Dak has flaws but he is a top ten QB in this league.

The question is, do you have more faith that Dak will improve in the postseason, or do you have more faith this team can acquire and/or develop a worthy replacement?

Because the last time this team drafted a QB to be "the guy" and hit was with Troy Aikman. Remember Romo was a UDFA and Dak was a 4th round pick supposed to backup Romo.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Yeah I'm a Beebe fan, but I think we are in for some serious growing pains on the Oline. Biadasz was a pretty average player despite the narrative that he was a total trash can out there.
Biadasz is the fifth highest paid center in the NFL. Either he is very good or the new regime of the Washington Commanders is more stupid than the previous one. No way Beebe walks in and is a better center than Biadasz in 2 or 3 games. Perhaps in 2 or 3 years. It’s a difficult position to play, more so if you’ve never played it at any level.

Mikexike

Reaction score
I get a sense that man Cowboys fans are either ambivalent or against resigning Dak to an extension.
I think many, myself included, would like to keep Dak but the price point, $55-$60 million a year just seems crazy to reward someone who hasn't produced much tangible success with that type of deal.
We are a better team with him but nothing has shown us that he is worth that investment.
At this point, we can just let it ride out and deal with the future after the season.
Best thing to do is let it ride out, I'll pay him if he reaches the SB.

starfan1

Reaction score
I’m not too personally invested in Dak . I like him better than the previous guy but they are literally the same in my book failed by the dipstick GM we got

So I don’t care is he stays or goes outside of it will make me smile seeing him signed and irritating the posters that have made this site less enjoyable with their spewed Dak hatred

Other than that I don’t care

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Dude is damaged goods and it has hurt his on field product. His mobility in the pocket is gone and his straight line speed has been diminished. FACTS
I was getting some serious Drew Bledsoe vibes at times last year. The Dak of 2016 is long long gone.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm all for doing whatever is best for this team . . . as individuals, we are all entitled to our feelings, whether it's to favor Dak remaining our QB in the foreseeable future, or to make changes to that situation. The things that are going to take place in the near future should help to make the decisions that will be forthcoming for this team to prosper, as much as possible.

Let's all be both determined and confident that a solution will be available for good things to happen. The near future includes a TC and preseason that should help many of us to decide what we want. Let's relax and hope for the best decisions to be shown to us and to the front office, as well. Soon, they'll have some crucial decisions to make. Let's just hope and pray that they're some good ones . . . Amen.

Last edited: