Do you care if we resign Dak?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Worse than predictably collapsing? At least if don't have the "almost MVP" on our team, expectations won't be that high. But Dak raises the expectations with his talk, false bravado and NFC East dominance...but against better teams and in the playoffs...the fall is long and hard. At least if we are rebuilding they are going low on a team that has no expectations...that's just hate. But when we PREDICTABLY COLLAPSE WITH A DAK-IN-THE-HEADLIGHTS PERFORMANCE...to me...THERE IS NOTHING WORSE. Jimmy seemed to feel the same way at halftime. The EMBARRASSMENT STILL LINGERS TO THIS DAY.
Don’t know about you, but I find a season a lot more enjoyable and interesting when the expectations for the team are high. We’re entering a season with low expectations and look how miserable the fan base is. I would rather have a QB that gives us some hope. If you’re looking to argue about Dak find someone else.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Don’t know about you, but I find a season a lot more enjoyable and interesting when the expectations for the team are high. We’re entering a season with low expectations and look how miserable the fan base is. I would rather have a QB that gives us some hope. If you’re looking to argue about Dak find someone else.
lol...Come on KJJ, you love to argue about the Dakster...all the time.

Last edited:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
The Church of Dak.will never draw attention to that. Doing that would make people realize that the 12-5 record for 3 years is more a reflection of the team around him than him.
In the moments when they need him to step up, he wilts and struggles.

Your statement about the team around him is spot on

But still, when he wilts (as you correctly stated) the roster around him gets blamed and Dak gets a pass. Every time.

Church of Dak reference is more accurate than we realize. It's a cult at this point

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
6-10.

However, as starter Dak was 2-3 that year before he got hurt. Which over 16 games averages out to about 6-10.

So the numbers show that losing Dak had literally zero effect on our winning percentage that season.

You were saying...... :muttley:
This on pace stuff lol…..last year we started the season 3-2……which means we were on pace for a 9 win season last year…..except we didn’t win 9 games lol. Dak has never lost more games than he’s won but I guess 2020 was gonna be the year lol.

TWOK11

Reaction score
I remember 2000-2006, so yes I care. Frustration and disappointment is better than apathy and indifference, because at least the former means you are relevant, competitive and have a chance to achieve your goals.

A cold separation from Dak with no plan means that Cowboy games quickly become something we watch the quick YouTube recaps of after other activities with family on Sundays on our way to 5-12.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I get a sense that man Cowboys fans are either ambivalent or against resigning Dak to an extension.
I think many, myself included, would like to keep Dak but the price point, $55-$60 million a year just seems crazy to reward someone who hasn't produced much tangible success with that type of deal.
We are a better team with him but nothing has shown us that he is worth that investment.
At this point, we can just let it ride out and deal with the future after the season.
Not if we have a legit plan in place. Which we don't. Just like the plan to replace Pollard.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
This on pace stuff lol…..last year we started the season 3-2……which means we were on pace for a 9 win season last year…..except we didn’t win 9 games lol. Dak has never lost more games than he’s won but I guess 2020 was gonna be the year lol.
First time for everything brother :thumbup:

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I will believe this franchise is serious about winning if they tell Dak to go pound sand and actually commit to building a winner by drafting a QB.