Do you care if we resign Dak?

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I think most of the older fans are resigned to the fact that this is no longer the franchise we grew to love and will likely never be again.
I watch social media and aside from a few propaganda spreaders most fans are sick of the circus.
I think Jerry pushed his luck too far and does not yet realize what it has cost him.
I agree totally. Jerry is a dumbed down version of Barnum & Bailey. He loves the attention and money more than winning and the culture he creates breeds failure. This team is more like a reality show than a football team. I continue to watch though out of morbid curiosity.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't think it is ridiculous to expect/want better playoff play if we are going to go. To pom-pom for regular season ticker parades is lame to me. I just guess I have a different standard of good. I want the hottest babe possible, you are ok with the 5/10 or 6/10 looking girl. Washington's GF is ugly as a wet dog barking in a river. So, I get it. At least you admit you are OK with a 6 GF... LOL!
All women are beautiful in their own way.
I had a girl once that was not very attractive but had really nice ankles, so I just stared at her ankles a lot.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not overvaluing him at all. What he’s already shown is he’s made us a very good football team that’s had a chance in the playoffs most of the years he’s been here.
Oh so being playing like crap in the playoffs has become acceptable now? Settling for being a very good football team is the new standard? I'm not sure many fans would agree with that.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You’re not being sensible if you think there hasn’t been a big difference between the Cowboys and Washington. You see no difference between us and them because we haven’t gotten far in the playoffs. You think sitting home for the playoffs with a bad record is the same as making the playoffs with a good record if you go one and done or don’t make the Super Bowl. That’s ridiculous! If that’s what you believe I’ll never come around to your line of thinking. The team around Dak is the problem. We’re seeing the same struggles under him that we saw when Romo was here. Penalties an inconsistent running game and a defense that doesn’t show up for the playoffs.
Thats silly talk and who cares at this point, we haven't been relevant in so long, no one can point the finger at the entire situation, we just pick and choose who to blame now.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh so being playing like crap in the playoffs has become acceptable now? Settling for being a very good football team is the new standard? I'm not sure many fans would agree with that.
It would appear KJJ edited the comment you quoted....he said "dak made us a very good football team" . I can see why he edited that. If he did.

As long as we have that kind of playoff performance, its preposterous and idiotic to call us a "very good football team".

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He didn't finish it and the backup needed to score to win.

That's really not the point though. Using the team's record without Dak to somehow support the notion that the team needed Dak when in fact the team had a worse winning percentage with Dak is the point
I don’t recall Rush scoring but ok.

And I agree using their 2-3 record to support they needed Dak to win is silly…just as silly as using their 3-1 record as some proof they were going to continue that win percentage when the last time we saw him he was terrible against a team Dak torched.

Creeper

Reaction score
Like every business deal I would have to know what signing him is going to cost me now and in the future. I think $60 million is too high a price for Dak. But If I could sign him for $55 million for 6 years, depending on the structure of the deal, I would probably be okay with signing him so the team can move forward.

But as I have said before, the Cowboys should have made this decision long before the draft. The same with CeeDee.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Thats silly talk and who cares at this point, we haven't been relevant in so long, no one can point the finger at the entire situation, we just pick and choose who to blame now.
The Cowboys are always relevant. They’re the most talked about team in the league regardless that they haven’t been to a Super Bowl or won a Super Bowl in almost 30 years. They remain the richest franchise and Jerry Jones is the most powerful owner. They don’t have to win it all to stay relevant.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I don’t recall Rush scoring but ok.

And I agree using their 2-3 record to support they needed Dak to win is silly…just as silly as using their 3-1 record as some proof they were going to continue that win percentage when the last time we saw him he was terrible against a team Dak torched.
It was Dalton, not Rush. The team went 4-7 without Dak and 1-3 with him that season.

The rest of your post is yet another master class in obfuscation, trying to lead away from the very point you initially tried to make.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Who said playing like crap in the playoffs has become acceptable and who’s settling for being a very good football team? Don’t know where you’re coming up with that. :huh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It was Dalton, not Rush. The team went 4-7 without Dak and 1-3 with him that season.

The rest of your post is yet another master class in obfuscation, trying to lead away from the very point you initially tried to make.
The point is exactly the same. The point was Dak was 2-3….if Dalton and co. Went 4-1 down the stretch yes I’d concede your point. But they sucked with Dak and sucked without Dak.

The offense looked far better with Dak than with anyone else. These are facts. Rush went 3-1 and was solid until he wasn’t. They won in spite of him not because of him.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The point is exactly the same. The point was Dak was 2-3….if Dalton and co. Went 4-1 down the stretch yes I’d concede your point. But they sucked with Dak and sucked without Dak.

The offense looked far better with Dak than with anyone else. These are facts. Rush went 3-1 and was solid until he wasn’t. They won in spite of him not because of him.
And the initial point you responded to was that Dak wasn't bringing anything to the table we weren't getting with the backup, regarding wins/losses.

It's good to see you've backed down on that and seem to now agree that Dak isn't the driving force behind the team's wins.

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
If we make the NFC championship this year, I am for resigning him. If we flame out in the first round yet again, its time to move on.

Dude is in 9th year. Its time for postseason success.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Things will end up a lot worse without Dak unless we get very lucky. We’ll struggle to win 7-8 games with a lesser QB with all the inconsistencies we’ve had stopping the run, along with other defensive breakdowns in big games. We’ve had some issues on the OL with Dak facing constant pressure. Only time will tell if the new additions on the OL will improve things. We have virtually nothing at RB right now and we’ve had struggles running the ball consistently for years. We lead the league in penalties or come close to it practically every year.

If we put a lesser QB on this team, we’re going to be in deep trouble! Someone is bound to bring up the wins we had with Cooper Rush a couple of years ago. Go back and look how great our defense/pass rush was playing during those wins and how well we ran the football, despite having little passing game. Unless we’re able to play consistently solid defense and consistently run the football, we’re going to struggle with a lesser QB and you can book it!
Worse than predictably collapsing? At least if don't have the "almost MVP" on our team, expectations won't be that high. But Dak raises the expectations with his talk, false bravado and NFC East dominance...but against better teams and in the playoffs...the fall is long and hard. At least if we are rebuilding they are going low on a team that has no expectations...that's just hate. But when we PREDICTABLY COLLAPSE WITH A DAK-IN-THE-HEADLIGHTS PERFORMANCE...to me...THERE IS NOTHING WORSE. Jimmy seemed to feel the same way at halftime. The EMBARRASSMENT STILL LINGERS TO THIS DAY.