Does Anyone Know if Players/Coaches Post on the Zone?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I miss BS as well but shes got her beau now so good for her. Shes a hottie.

Anyway to the discussiona t hand. There is a Red Sox board I post at The Sons of Sam Horn that had Curt Shilling show up as G38 and talk to the fans about the team before he signed a couple of years ago and the Red Sox owner John Henry also posts there from time to time to give scoops. That board and this one are my two favorites on the net.

RxMan

Reaction score
Hostile;1437660 said:
She had many sources, all friends on the team. She still visits here but doesn't post. I tell her every chance I can how much she is missed. She gave Dale a scoop (Dedric Ward's foot injury). He verified she's legit and people still treated her wrong.

Thanks for sharing that. I've always wondered how many connections she had. You could easily tell she was legit. It's sad that people just sit and wait to bash people.

I remember trying to get people to cool off of Rob's dad. I cannot imagine my son being bashed and acting so level headed. He lasted longer than I would have. You never know, but I've always suspected that the ones doing most of Pittdawg's bashing do not have children of their own. Mainly, because they are still children themselves.

superpunk

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1437671 said:
I miss BS as well but shes got her beau now so good for her. Shes a hottie.

Anyway to the discussiona t hand. There is a Red Sox board I post at The Sons of Sam Horn that had Curt Shilling show up as G38 and talk to the fans about the team before he signed a couple of years ago and the Red Sox owner John Henry also posts there from time to time to give scoops. That board and this one are my two favorites on the net.

Doesn't Bill Simmons post there as well?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
superpunk;1437676 said:
Doesn't Bill Simmons post there as well?

yeah he does. that place rocks but keep in mind that theyre mostly as pedantic as i am just not quite as mean.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1437683 said:
yeah he does. that place rocks but keep in mind that theyre mostly as pedantic as i am just not quite as mean.

or maybe you just love the Red Sox more than the Cowboys....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RxMan;1437675 said:
Thanks for sharing that. I've always wondered how many connections she had. You could easily tell she was legit. It's sad that people just sit and wait to bash people.

I remember trying to get people to cool off of Rob's dad. I cannot imagine my son being bashed and acting so level headed. He lasted longer than I would have. You never know, but I've always suspected that the ones doing most of Pittdawg's bashing do not have children of their own. Mainly, because they are still children themselves.
:laugh2:

I agree, he was a true diplomat. I couldn't have been half the gentleman he was.

Who am I kidding? I probably wouldn't have even tried.

:wink2:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
abersonc;1437729 said:
or maybe you just love the Red Sox more than the Cowboys....

i love them both. their tow different sports and they only play at the same time for two months. I actually cannot remember a time where i had to choose. im usre id pick the Cowboys though,

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Hey Hos I havent read the thread and I dont have time. Do you know who the journalists are that browse this site. Ive seeny ou allude to it before.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1437744 said:
Hey Hos I havent read the thread and I dont have time. Do you know who the journalists are that browse this site. Ive seeny ou allude to it before.
I know about 12 who at least read here.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Heck, if I were a journalist covering the Cowboys (particularly a columnist or radio jockey), I'd consider it part of my job to see what the die-hard fans were thinking and saying.

There might be an occasional insight, but even lacking that it would be a great way to check what topics interest your public. And you could get feedback about your articles just by browsing the board's reaction to them.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins;1437683 said:

And, don't forget that they actually rock.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile;1437660 said:
She had many sources, all friends on the team. She still visits here but doesn't post. I tell her every chance I can how much she is missed. She gave Dale a scoop (Dedric Ward's foot injury). He verified she's legit and people still treated her wrong.
I came around just when she stopped posting, so I did a quick search.

Check out this gem:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14969

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Hostile;1437924 said:
See, how many of us even caught on to that?
No kiddin'. I tried to find my earliest post on Romo here a while back. It was in March of 06 I believe, something along the lines of "I'd really like to see Romo get some more time with a first team offense." After Romo took over as the clear #2 I knew something was up, and then he just seemed to have something that looked special about him in that 2005 pre-season.

But I can't say he was on the radar too much in '04.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1437744 said:

I can't confirm it, so therefor I am not revealing any main secrets.

We know for a fact that JJT is here, and is likely even a poster. He talks with WG, and I have repeatedly posted threats upon his life if he doesn't back off.

We all kinda feel like Matt Mosely reads it, because it was suggested way back that the DMN should try to blog, and lo & behold, Mosely spearheaded the start of the blog. He then nearly exclusively started blogging on topics that were on the front page.

I personally feel like MacMahon is here, at least as a reader, because the crap he writes is usually a 'controversial' post directly in competition with the general agreement on this board.

Pretty sure that JFE and possibly her husband is here. She also always manages to write things that are being discussed on this board at the same time.

Just sorta my feeling about all this.

I think that the folk who write specifically about the Boys have pretty much realized that this is the place to get a pulse of the fans.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1438227 said:
I can't confirm it, so therefor I am not revealing any main secrets.

We know for a fact that JJT is here, and is likely even a poster. He talks with WG, and I have repeatedly posted threats upon his life if he doesn't back off.

We all kinda feel like Matt Mosely reads it, because it was suggested way back that the DMN should try to blog, and lo & behold, Mosely spearheaded the start of the blog. He then nearly exclusively started blogging on topics that were on the front page.

I personally feel like MacMahon is here, at least as a reader, because the crap he writes is usually a 'controversial' post directly in competition with the general agreement on this board.

Pretty sure that JFE and possibly her husband is here. She also always manages to write things that are being discussed on this board at the same time.

Just sorta my feeling about all this.

I think that the folk who write specifically about the Boys have pretty much realized that this is the place to get a pulse of the fans.
MacMahon = RealCowboyfan