Does Anyone Know if Players/Coaches Post on the Zone?

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;1437532 said:
All I know is that I began to notice that the Zone gets information faster than I was able to find it anywhere else. That has scoop written all over it; good reliable scoop. And not just about the COwboy franchise ...NFL teams in general (usually NFC-East teams).

Very true!!. The Zone rocks.

Scoop to some is just talking points to others.

Anyway, the proof is always in ones track record to disseminate information that more than often comes to fruition.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Hostile;1437549 said:
To me the greatest scoop this forum ever got was from Pittdawg about the death of Parcells' brother. He posted that here and it didn't hit the national media for almost 6 or 7 more hours. I still crack up when I think about how some of the other forums mocked that we allowed this "false rumor" to be stickied on our forum when no one was corroborating it. It "proved" we were a bunch of "attention ***** pretenders." Then when it was varified those threads on their forums disappeared.

No one came back and apologized ....daymn these guys had no scruples; no sense of fair play at all. I just hope these guys weren't from Eagle MBs.

Rackat

Reaction score
I think this is one of the best threads I have read on this forum. Very insightful and thought provoking.

Rackat
Long time lurker, with very few posts.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Rackat;1437571 said:
I think this is one of the best threads I have read on this forum. Very insightful and thought provoking.

Rackat

That's too funny ..."lurker"! Lol!!!

They say lurkers are really NFL players ...:rolleyes:

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1437478 said:
I think that is fair.

I know I did not like how Pittdawg was treated. He was just a father that cared for his son.

I think many people did indeed go beyond what was needed in order to goad him or act like internet tough guys.

Make no mistake Rob had his problems.

At the same time as you said I think people probably were more attached to Rob because his father posted here.

It goes both ways IMO.

But still I think there is a way to go about some things without being so rude.

Tell me how anyone here would feel if someone was going out of their way to rip on their son...I doubt they would care for it.

Kind of funny story about Pittdawg was when we drafted Rob someone told me that his father posted at his sons College football site.

So i went there and offered Pittdawg the address here and welcomed him.

At that time I told him it could get pretty rough on some players but he told me it could not get worse than the college board he had been posting at. I told him not to count on it.

For the most part Pittdawg came across as a pretty classy guy and did much better concerning his posting compared to what was being said about him or his son.

Sadly though at the end when rob was signed to New Orleans he came out and said some things that were uncalled for IMO. But even with that he never gave back as much as he got while he was here.

I always thanked Pittdawg for his scoop during the off-season but once Petitti started struggling in the season I purposely stopped posting in his threads.

Petitti had done more that most football players would ever hope for, I couldn't critize his poor play knowing his father was come across it. Petitti was already a success just making the roster.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;1437567 said:
No one came back and apologized ....daymn these guys had no scruples; no sense of fair play at all. I just hope these guys weren't from Eagle MBs.
They don't post here :wink2: so they didn't need to apologize.

I wasn't talking about opponent forums sadly.

Rackat

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon;1437575 said:
That's too funny ..."lurker"! Lol!!!

They say lurkers are really NFL players ...:rolleyes:

Not me brotha! I grew up in Lewisville/Highland Village. In all honesty I was not good enough to make the H.S. team, much less College or Pro. But I had dreams, lol. :laugh2:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rackat;1437571 said:

Rackat

I agree, great thread.

When it comes to hunchbacks and retards savaging board-assets, can we just steal a page from ES and start handing out ***-hat avatars? Even blind, stupid squirrels stumble upon nuts now and then, and their avatar enforcement policies crack me up. I'm sure that notion has been discussed and discarded for a very good CBZ reason already.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Rackat;1437571 said:

Rackat
It has been better than I feared it might go. I'm a little discouraged at some of the silence to be truthful. Part of me hopes that's guilt.

I want this forum to have great scoops, but it is a challenge to accomplish because of the way those bringing the scoops get treated. I have even been asked to scoop a couple of things so people don't get blasted. The problem is, that looks like it's from me and it isn't.

Oh yeah, quit lurking. ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Idgit;1437601 said:
I agree, great thread.

When it comes to hunchbacks and retards savaging board-assets, can we just steal a page from ES and start handing out ***-hat avatars? Even blind, stupid squirrels stumble upon nuts now and then, and their avatar enforcement policies crack me up. I'm sure that notion has been discussed and discarded for a very good CBZ reason already.
Yes, we did discuss that and decided it didn't fit who we are. I have on occasion given people a joke avatar title. Most take it well. Strangely the ones who don't are usually the stir up crap drama queens.

superpunk

Reaction score
Rackat;1437571 said:

Rackat

I think this thread sucks.

superpunk
Long time jerk-***, with way too many posts.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1437610 said:
It has been better than I feared it might go. I'm a little discouraged at some of the silence to be truthful. Part of me hopes that's guilt.

I want this forum to have great scoops, but it is a challenge to accomplish because of the way those bringing the scoops get treated. I have even been asked to scoop a couple of things so people don't get blasted. The problem is, that looks like it's from me and it isn't.

Oh yeah, quit lurking. ;)

Setup a user named Scoop and have the mods set whatever standards necessary to qualify posts as legitimate. Sticky an invitation to PM scoops to that user account. The macho impulse to argue with a non-user account won't be that strong, I wouldn't think.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1437616 said:
Yes, we did discuss that and decided it didn't fit who we are. I have on occasion given people a joke avatar title. Most take it well. Strangely the ones who don't are usually the stir up crap drama queens.

I figured. I understand there's a line you walk. Still, if I had a buck for every time I thought this

asshat.jpg

about a poster who eventually got banned....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Idgit;1437619 said:
Setup a user named Scoop and have the mods set whatever standards necessary to qualify posts as legitimate. Sticky an invitation to PM scoops to that user account. The macho impulse to argue with a non-user account won't be that strong, I wouldn't think.
I actually have better plans in mind, but can't share that now.

;)

superpunk

Reaction score
FWIW, I completely agree with chocolate lab (like freaking always - he's brilliant)

The only "scoop" posters I've witnessed backlash to were ones who are complete jerks themselves. He's outlining the experience with doomsday81 (i dont mind saying the name) wherein the events he described did happen. I left d81's posts alone until I saw him make a sompletely unwarranted attack on some one who merely shared a story about meeting coach phillips, and he did so with complete disdain and was very derogatory towards the guy.

Since then, I relish the opportunity to show how reliable his "scoops" have been. I honestly don't care whether he is connected or not, being a good person is much more important in my book, and you know how it goes - you get what you give.

The only other time was when a poster (who i respeck alot) threw a fit about some of us just making foolish postings at about 2 in the morning, as though we were violating the sactity of the board - and he felt compelled to let us know how important he was and why that was so.

Besides that, pretty appreciative of any alleged info people will provide.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;1437629 said:
I actually have better plans in mind, but can't share that now.

;)

If you had a user named Scoop, you could.

RxMan

Reaction score
I liked BrownSugar's messages the best. Right to the point and focused specifically on what she was told. Did she have many sources on the team or just one? Can we talk about now that she has moved on?

I shouldn't say the best. Her info was right up there at the top with others though.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RxMan;1437651 said:
I liked BrownSugar's messages the best. Right to the point and focused specifically on what she was told. Did she have many sources on the team or just one? Can we talk about now that she has moved on?

I shouldn't say the best. Her info was right up there at the top with others though.
She had many sources, all friends on the team. She still visits here but doesn't post. I tell her every chance I can how much she is missed. She gave Dale a scoop (Dedric Ward's foot injury). He verified she's legit and people still treated her wrong.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Cuban used to post at Mavtalk under a myriad of names... (besides "Mark")