CFZ Does the Diggs Injury Necessitate a Big Move?

gmb1

Reaction score
Resign Deion? He's the wrong side of 50 with half a foot, but he is still probably better than most of the other guys on the street. I mean Jerry can get him out of whatever contract he has at Colorado, right?
I dunno, he might be a little busy right now. I'm not sure. :muttley:

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
Let's see how Bland fares on the outside but if it doesn't work out, they'd be incredibly stupid to let a potential SB season go to waste without trying something. Trading for a quality vet should 100% be considered if it comes to that, it's their job to figure it out.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Losing Diggs is a jaw-rattling blow for the Cowboys, but this version of their defense (including the league's best pass rush, an upgraded run defense and their unit of safeties that will now feature the return of a tone-setter in Donovan Wilson to the mix) are more designed than ever to withstand such a punch. The NFL season is a 17-round fight, and 20-21 rounds if you want to seize everything.

Keep a close eye on how McCarthy and Quinn come out of their … corner … swinging after the loss of Diggs.

Any plan to bring Scott along slowly and deliberately is out the window now, and everything he's learned from guys like Lewis, Bland and others will need to come into play sooner than later. He's got the ability, but he'll need to minimize and/or eliminate any would-be rookie errors, which is not impossible. It's on him to seek the challenge that's in front of him and attack it. Scott finished his career at Southern Miss with 78 tackles, 12 pass breakups, five interceptions and two fumble recoveries in 27 starts over three seasons.

I expect Igbinoghene to ascend to the role of CB4, effective immediately, but as a boundary corner, seeing as that's his specialty and what made the former state track-and-field champion (and son of two former Olympic track athletes) a standout at Auburn. His speed and skill set wouldn't be something I view as ready-made for a backup nickel corner, but instead to rotate with Bland and Gilmore — as needed. From there, the Cowboys will have to look to another rookie late-round pick to step up in short order, not unlike what Bland was subjected to last season before having a breakout season.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/impact-can-cowboys-survive-trevon-diggs-injury

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
My response for this has been the same since all the threads in week one saying we should make a big trade to win it all.

Wait until the deadline and then ‘bombs away’ if any good options are out there.

Wasn’t expecting to have so many big names on it this early but I’m sure we can maybe fix a few problems. Luckily this roster is deep, extremely deep.

giphy.gif

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Depends on what is available at the deadline and how the team is performing in the secondary. If the squad is more vulnerable in the secondary and somehow Patrick Surtain becomes available (if Denver is losing most of their games)——then I could see a big move.
Patrick Surtain? That's as idiotic as saying we should call the Jets up and see if Sauce Gardner is available.

This may come as a shock to the narcissistic segment of our fan base....but other teams don't groom ProBowl and AllPro players, like Surtain is just in his 2nd season, just to send them to the Cowboys.

Hey....I heard the Rams are looking for a pass rusher...maybe they should see if Micah Parsons "comes available"

mmohican29

Reaction score
Why do I think we'll be ok?

This hurts but more from a defensive scoring viewpoint- which is huge. Buy I think our guys will continue to dominate.

Kalyan

Reaction score
Time for scouts to find good rookies that got cut on other teams, let them learn the defence for 6-7 weeks and become useful down the season

rambo2

Reaction score
Who is the big corner that you can get in a trade? We have Scott, Isreal and Wright along with 5 safeties. All those guys need to step up.
Lewis is the guy that should play slot and Bland goes outside.

rambo2

Reaction score
Time for scouts to find good rookies that got cut on other teams, let them learn the defence for 6-7 weeks and become useful down the season
No, they have a full roster. Lewis just came back