Does Trey Lance have a future at QB? Maybe, but think he legit could compete for RB1 in Oxnard

1time4urMind

Reaction score
Wonder if we could try to raise the sophistication of the culture of this board so that more people understand simplistic denigration as more a comment on the poster than a comment on what they're posting about??? In other words, if you just tell me "that's stupid," fine, but that's more a comment on your apparent inability to formulate some argument/line of reason that actually debunks what is said... a comment about you, not the assertion made. Everyone has opinions. Who cares that you (or I) have one. That's not compelling. What's compelling is if you can offer logic or facts that push or pull to a different conclusion than the one offered. In the absence of that, the logic or facts presented remain stout.

Sir, you have not made a rational or compelling arguement. There is no reliable logic or facts that you present that solidify your conclusion of Trey Lance being an NFL running back. So, stop.

There is nothing solid enough in the original post to debunk. It's a house without a foundation, man. Your evaluation of the level of another's denigration doesn't automatically make your weak, and minority, opinion "stout".

The utter lack of substance of your op begs for dismissive responses. The lack of sound reasoning or any sort of precedence doesn't really leave room for a serious response or reasonable debate.

Cuz he runs fast? Cuz you think he runs like Emmitt?
You ignore his injury history, his complete lack of experience, his questionable football iq? But, you watched tape? So, you saw that he runs like a QB with open field and goes down easy, right?

Stop acting so righteous. Go make Lance a RB on your Madden roster.

Tell your mom how much smarter you are than everybody else when she brings you your peanut butter and jelly and Kool aid... cuz nobody here is buying it.

Chasing6

Reaction score
"I'm a QB."

Maybe he can play other positions, don't know. He chose a small college because the big colleges wanted to play him at S. None of them would let him play QB.
Also sounds like his HS career. I wonder why?

Chasing6

Reaction score
There's only one way to find out, he has to get some playing time. He hasn't taken a single live game snap in a Dallas uniform, not in pre season or regular season, so no one knows if he can make it. The detractors, mostly Dak fanatics who don't want Lance on the roster, throw out all sorts of insults to trash his play when they have no idea whether he is competent or not.

Pre season games start soon - that's when the test begins.
It is unbelievable to me that some fans don't realize players are evaluated every day at practice. Owners/GM's and Coaches have all agreed they don't need pre-season games to evaluate players. Figure it out already.

That is why they went to a 17 game season and soon to be 18 game season and will reduce more pre-season games.

kskboys

Reaction score
It is unbelievable to me that some fans don't realize players are evaluated every day at practice. Owners/GM's and Coaches have all agreed they don't need pre-season games to evaluate players. Figure it out already.

That is why they went to a 17 game season and soon to be 18 game season and will reduce more pre-season games.
It's even more unbelievable that some think you can accurately evaluate a player purely from practice w/o see them play.

They increased the number of game purely for financial reasons. Kinda obvious.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Wasn't active.

I was one of the few here about halfway into the season (and thus, Lance having had a chance to absorb some of the offense) advocating for the idea of making Lance your active gameday #2 QB for just that purpose... and/but in the event of long-term injury to Dak, continuing to consider Rush to be your long-term #2 QB. So, I don't know that I'd go so far as to say "incredibly stupid," but I do feel like it possibly was an example of foreclosing to conventional wisdom w/o giving it more extensive thought.
Maybe people should try to comprehend why he was not active? If GM Jethro's plan was to possible replace Dak with Trance, why would he not be active? Try using some common sense.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It's even more unbelievable that some think you can accurately evaluate a player purely from practice w/o see them play.

They increased the number of game purely for financial reasons. Kinda obvious.
So you don't think they play football at football practice? We have some of the dumbest fans in the NFL.

kskboys

Reaction score
So you don't think they play football at football practice? We have some of the dumbest fans in the NFL.
So you think they play football at football practice? We have some of the dumbest fans in the NFL.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Which is even more stupid.

Hey, we traded for him, he's ours. Doesn't matter anymore whether we agree w/ it or not. Now, you play him both to see what he can do and to give him more experience.
If he shows no signs of life at practice why would you play him?

kskboys

Reaction score
Double up stupidity. Nice job.
No reason to toot your own horn for being really stupid, but have at it.

BTW, why'd you start this little insult war? It makes no sense. I do not believe an accurate evaluation of an NFL player can be done solely from practice, and you do. Why did you feel the need to insult over that? I truly don't understand why.

Chasing6

Reaction score
No reason to toot your own horn for being really stupid, but have at it.

BTW, why'd you start this little insult war? It makes no sense. I do not believe an accurate evaluation of an NFL player can be done solely from practice, and you do. Why did you feel the need to insult over that? I truly don't understand why.
Maybe because the Owners/GM's/Coaches agreed they don't need pre-season to evaluate players.

kskboys

Reaction score
Maybe because the Owners/GM's/Coaches agreed they don't need pre-season to evaluate players.
When did this happen? I don't remember it. The coaches want to keep pre and have argued thusly. Owners want more money and don't evaluate players.

However, the question remains. We disagree. Why the insults? It should be beneath you.

Chasing6

Reaction score
When did this happen? I don't remember it. The coaches want to keep pre and have argued thusly. Owners want more money and don't evaluate players.

However, the question remains. We disagree. Why the insults? It should be beneath you.
This was clearly discussed before adding a 17th game and reducing preseason from 4 games to the 3. The majority consent was they did not need preseason games to evaluate players. When they go to 18 expect it to be reduced to 2 if not 1, with the extra bye week.

Listen to Shanahan talk about OTA's and practices, when discussing Trance.

kskboys

Reaction score
This was clearly discussed before adding a 17th game and reducing preseason from 4 games to the 3. The majority consent was they did not need preseason games to evaluate players. When they go to 18 expect it to be reduced to 2 if not 1, with the extra bye week.

Not by everyone. I heard several coaches arguing that they needed Pre to evaluate.

kskboys

Reaction score

Andy Reid argues that preseason is needed.

Who are all these coaches and GM's who think we don't need preseason? Because I've consistently heard the opposite.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Andy Reid argues that preseason is needed.

Who are all these coaches and GM's who think we don't need preseason? Because I've consistently heard the opposite.
So you did not listen to Shanahan speak about how Darnold day to day pulled away from Trance.

kskboys

Reaction score
So you did not listen to Shanahan speak about how Darnold day to day pulled away from Trance.
I did not, because your current argument has nothing to do w/ Trance, but rather w/ the usefulness of preseason games. For some very weird reason you turned to insults, and you still haven't explained why. Very weak, dude, especially considering that we agree on a ton of stuff. Turning to insults because I didn't agree on preseason usefulness was childish. Maybe you should rethink. I also noticed you've refused to respond. Must mean you realize that you've lost the argument.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I did not, because your current argument has nothing to do w/ Trance, but rather w/ the usefulness of preseason games. For some very weird reason you turned to insults, and you still haven't explained why. Very weak, dude, especially considering that we agree on a ton of stuff. Turning to insults because I didn't agree on preseason usefulness was childish. Maybe you should rethink. I also noticed you've refused to respond. Must mean you realize that you've lost the argument.
I apologize for the insult. I seemed like you were attacking me. Maybe I jumped the gun.

I will look for the article that explains why the NFL decided to go to 17 games and reduce a preseason games.