Don’t fold too quick FO

Rayman70

Reaction score
hey guys, to be real honest..i don't think any NFL owner is what I would say "likable" by us fans and such...Stevie and JJ are arse clowns half the time and fairly out of touch on some things. THAT SAID, they may be the best of the worst..with New England being the exception. Not a fan of Booger and Daddy...but I am a fan of honoring your word and your signature on a document. That's where Zeke loses cred. That said, its just posturing.It will all work out.

superonyx

Reaction score
Are you kidding. Have you seen there salaries. I have no problem with a player that's the best at there position getting paid. But when you haven't out performed the best in the league and your asking for more than them then its a issue.
My suggestion and take it for what its worth....
Stop trying to play couch GM. It does nothing to add to your enjoyment of this form of entertainment and based of the angst you (and so many others) seems to feel over the contract/business side of this form of entertainment it just takes enjoyment away for you.

Remember when you were a kid and you didnt know or care how much the players made?
Try to go back to that as much as you can.

If we really knew the players, the agents, the owners, the corporate interest, advertisers, networks, ect behind this "game" we would all give our time to more satisfying things in life.
Like almost everything this 'sport' we all grew up idolizing is just another scheme to separate us from our money as much as possible. No point in hating everyone involved. Just close your eyes or see it for what it really is and step back.

Like I said..... just my free advise. It's no better than anyone else and not more valuable.

glimmerman

Reaction score
a good example of what you guys said is Adrian Peterson. VERY VERY SAD. Millions in debt and might have 1 year left to play. Everyone is suing him.
It’s there fault. Don’t let other people manage your money. When you get that big signing bonus pay your taxes and take half and open annuities and let them roll over every year. They make 4%. You still have your other half of the money to play with. Plus players like Elliot are making making a couple of million a year during the season. He will make 3 this year. If you don’t go buy a 10 million dollar home and several cars then you will live good for life if you never get that second contract. But Elliot is going to get another big payday.

But your right, they live that gucci life style and end up borrowing money and losing money over bad investments others are talking them into.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Stop trying to play couch GM. It does nothing to add to your enjoyment of this form of entertainment and based of the angst you (and so many others) seems to feel over the contract/business side of this form of entertainment it just takes enjoyment away for you.

Remember when you were a kid and you didnt know or care how much the players made?

If we really knew the players, the agents, the owners, the corporate interest, advertisers, networks, ect behind this "game" we would all give our time to more satisfying things in life.
Like almost everything this 'sport' we all grew up idolizing is just another scheme to separate us from our money as much as possible. No point in hating everyone involved. Just close your eyes or see it for what it really is and step back.

Like I said..... just my free advise. It's no better than anyone else and not more valuable.
darn ya Debbie Downer.:eek:

superonyx

Reaction score
hey guys, to be real honest..i don't think any NFL owner is what I would say "likable" by us fans and such...Stevie and JJ are arse clowns half the time and fairly out of touch on some things. THAT SAID, they may be the best of the worst..with New England being the exception. Not a fan of Booger and Daddy...but I am a fan of honoring your word and your signature on a document. That's where Zeke loses cred. That said, its just posturing.It will all work out.
I don't see why we continue to pretend these 'documents' are anything more than a general framework or someone's salary. Neither side has any old school honor. There are no good guys or bad guys in these sort of things. Just guys pulling and pushing for as much money as possible.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don't see why we continue to pretend these 'documents' are anything more than a general framework or someone's salary. Neither side has any old school honor. There are no good guys or bad guys in these sort of things. Just guys pulling and pushing for as much money as possible.
Agree, all sides involved have dirty hands. Afterall, its a huge money making business.But a persons word still should be honored, especially when all parties involves signed the contract and agreed to it. Suck it up Buttercup...play out the year..then get paid.

superonyx

Reaction score
For every pitiful story are more successful stories. The feel good stories just don’t make headlines.
Agreed. It seems like many people need to point to celebrities and athletes who didn't manage their money very well in order to classify all of them as idiots or somehow not deserving of the salaries their jobs pay. Its kind of a shame really.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Oh, and you have to put money in the 401K in order for them to match it. That's another reason why AP being broke is just dumber'n dirt. That means he didn't put any into the 401K w/ a 200% match.
Lol. After his contract this year he will have made 104 million dollars in his career. If it’s me there is no way I am not putting a few million here and there in the 401k. A 200% match is crazy free money. If you made 100 million and only stuck 5 million in there then it’s 15 million just setting there waiting.

superonyx

Reaction score
Agree, all sides involved have dirty hands. Afterall, its a huge money making business.But a persons word still should be honored, especially when all parties involves signed the contract and agreed to it. Suck it up Buttercup...play out the year..then get paid.
Well the problem is as a first round pick he didnt have a choice but sign a 5 year deal.
Then the team can franchise him twice and who is giving big money to a RB who is in his 8th season with 400 touches per year over the last 7 years?

I'm sure Zeke isnt a monster. He is just doing what a RB needs to in order to get as much money as possible. He didnt negotiate the CBA terms. Heck he was probably in middle school when this deal happened.

The Rams did the right thing by Gurley. The Eagles did right by Wentz.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Contracts can be renegotiated. And honored until you sign a new or renegotiate a new one. This is the nature of business. Not sure why fans have so much issue with the business side of the NFL?

Elliott is bound to his contract. If he doesn’t show is subject to fines and not getting paid. And he has no rights to play for another team unless he’s traded. Cowboys own exclusive rights. Elliott’s only recourse is to hold out forcing the issue.

I’m sure he’d rather show up if he was assured the Cowboys would renegotiate but then he’d lose his leverage.

glimmerman

Reaction score

Lol. It’s the offseason. Once the season starts then I give none of this a second thought. It s none of our business what they do and how much they make as long as they show up and entertain us. Just amazing amounts of money changing hands. From the outside looking in it’s just hard to believe players making 100 million being broke.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well the problem is as a first round pick he didnt have a choice but sign a 5 year deal.
Then the team can franchise him twice and who is giving big money to a RB who is in his 8th season with 400 touches per year over the last 7 years?

I'm sure Zeke isnt a monster. He is just doing what a RB needs to in order to get as much money as possible. He didnt negotiate the CBA terms. Heck he was probably in middle school when this deal happened.

We’re ok with paying Dak a year early. Why the big fuss over paying Zeke 2 years early. They both signed the same year. Makes sense to me.

Like Dak said a few weeks ago , there’s enough for everyone to get paid:)

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...-salary-cap-trends/1u5ppmnaiwc9n1u61cp933qhjm

glimmerman

Reaction score

I don’t blame any of them for making what they can. If a player gives a discount to the team then another player will just come along and take more. If I was Elliot then I wouldn’t want to play the 5th year option. But this year I would honor the contract and I still think he will. The FO will give him a good contract that will be like a 3 year extension.

kskboys

Reaction score

38 mil + two franchise tags = around 70 mill. Just curious, how do you see that as not big money?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Lol. It’s the offseason. Once the season starts then I give none of this a second thought. It s none of our business what they do and how much they make as long as they show up and entertain us. Just amazing amounts of money changing hands. From the outside looking in it’s just hard to believe players making 100 million being broke.
It’s a limited amount of players going broke. Most are from impoverished backgrounds with no education of managing money. If you took the average schmo off the street or out of the hood they’d probably poorly manage their instant success.

Almost like some of the Lotto winners who can’t handle the success. It’s an unusual segment of our society with these type of kids from their kind of background suddenly making millions. It’s no wonder there’s some horror stories.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
38 mil + two franchise tags = around 70 mill. Just curious, how do you see that as not big money?
Is there a guarantee we’ll franchise tag him?

I think this is part of the concern with Zeke. The uncertainty of how we’ll handle him when his contract is up.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t think older players like Emmitt would have much sympathy. He played 15 years to make 60 million. Elliot will make 70 in less than half the time. Of course times are different now.

glimmerman

Reaction score
It’s a limited amount of players going broke. Most are from impoverished backgrounds with no education of managing money. If you took the average schmo off the street or out of the hood they’d probably poorly manage their instant success.

Almost like some of the Lotto winners who can’t handle the success. It’s an unusual segment of our society with these type of kids from their kind of background suddenly making millions. It’s no wonder there’s some horror stories.
And with the success they generally run back to the hood and are surrounded by people wanting money.