Don’t fold too quick FO

kskboys

Reaction score
Ok so what's the problem? Not sure what you're getting at?
The majority of fans are only interested in what the players make as to how it pertains to the salary cap. Pretty much no one cares what these guys make.

I keep seeing posters complaining about people who are on the side of the owners. I would say offhand that it's not about picking a side for most of us, rather it's about fielding a super bowl team.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
It's amazing how fans will bend over backwards to support billionaires while trashing players, because they just want to see their favorite uniforms win and don't give a hoot about the guys wearing them. :rolleyes:

This is fairly deep for a Sunday morning.

glimmerman

Reaction score
The majority of fans are only interested in what the players make as to how it pertains to the salary cap. Pretty much no one cares what these guys make.

I keep seeing posters complaining about people who are on the side of the owners. I would say offhand that it's not about picking a side for most of us, rather it's about fielding a super bowl team.
And managing that cap and not over paying players is key. We have the money to pay the triplets. And sign Jaylon next season. But these agents are asking crazy money to start with. 34 million for Dak isn’t going to happen. I know FO starts low and agents start high. But it seems to take forever to meet in the middle. It’s clear that none of the triplets are giving a discount.

kskboys

Reaction score
That's not how business works. Owners don't honor contracts when they cut players why do players have to honor their deals?
The owners do honor the contracts.

Basically, the players trade getting huge amounts for the owners having the right to not pay it all. It's absolutely stupid to insist on being paid more than the last guy, when the player will never see a large chunk of that money anyway. Less overall money but more guaranteed money would benefit everyone.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

Basically, the players trade getting huge amounts for the owners having the right to not pay it all. It's absolutely stupid to insist on being paid more than the last guy, when the player will never see a large chunk of that money anyway. Less overall money but more guaranteed money would benefit everyone.

They absolutely honour contracts but there is nothing in a contract that stipulates a player can't be cut, that is why guaranteed money is always the big deal. In other sports contracts are all fully guaranteed whether you are cut or not, in football the guaranteed portion is what the owners are on the hook for, i have yet to see an owner not pay what is guaranteed in a contract

kskboys

Reaction score
They absolutely honour contracts but there is nothing in a contract that stipulates a player can't be cut, that is why guaranteed money is always the big deal. In other sports contracts are all fully guaranteed whether you are cut or not, in football the guaranteed portion is what the owners are on the hook for, i have yet to see an owner not pay what is guaranteed in a contract
If EZ and his agent were smart, they'd come in and request a 5 year/50 mil deal, all guaranteed. That's reasonable, and they'd prolly agree.

Rayman70

Reaction score

Agree..the notion that its a bad nasty ole evil owner that happens to be a Billionaire is automatically at fault is rubbish! This is America. A person is free to make a choice where they wish to be employed more or less. If that owner wasn't rich...said player wouldn't be able to command those mega pay days. Its a cycle, but its the way business works...fair or not.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
It's amazing how fans will bend over backwards to support billionaires while trashing players, because they just want to see their favorite uniforms win and don't give a hoot about the guys wearing them. :rolleyes:
A contract is a contract. Plus Zeke has multiple years left and some years of being tagged. The Cowboys really don't have to do anything...I know they will but they don't have to because Zeke is probably not financially prepared to sit out multiple years...

kskboys

Reaction score
A contract is a contract. Plus Zeke has multiple years left and some years of being tagged. The Cowboys really don't have to do anything...I know they will but they don't have to because Zeke is probably not financially prepared to sit out multiple years...
And BTW, these billionaires are paying many of these players enough to retire on in one year.

kskboys

Reaction score
Even the bottom of the barrel guys. Put in 3 years, make over 1.5 mil, and then get a 21,360 pension for the rest of your life.

glimmerman

Reaction score
And BTW, these billionaires are paying many of these players enough to retire on in one year.
The signing bonus alone is enough for a few people to live on for life. If they get 20 million at once they are going to clear half of it. That’s 10 million dollars plus your yearly salary.

But they are young and have to get the big house and cars. Most end up being broke. Lol. I have no pity for them.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Even the bottom of the barrel guys. Put in 3 years, make over 1.5 mil, and then get a 21,360 pension for the rest of your life.
Yeah of they can make it 4 years then there pension and 401k and cheap but good health insurance for them and there families is a decent living. Can’t remember what the pension is for 4 years vested.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I don't give one single crap about any of these players. They are spare parts. My loyalty is to the logo.
This is my sentiments. The owner, coaches and players are all moving and interchangeable pieces. Our loyalty should be to the sum.

That said removing #21 will greatly effect the sum this year.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah of they can make it 4 years then there pension and 401k and cheap but good health insurance for them and there families is a decent living. Can’t remember what the pension is for 4 years vested.
The average for long time vets is 43,000, and the min for 3 yrs is 21,360, but I have no idea what 4 years would be. A little more, I guess!!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The signing bonus alone is enough for a few people to live on for life. If they get 20 million at once they are going to clear half of it. That’s 10 million dollars plus your yearly salary.

But they are young and have to get the big house and cars. Most end up being broke. Lol. I have no pity for them.
Why do we continue wanting to compare this limited amount of athletes to the average schmo on the streets.

If any of them had talent or a brain and used it to their potential attending college they might be in a better place today.

I certainly wouldn’t place my body in harms way for the average salary in nfl of abt 800 grand. Min wage only 480. No thanks!

Rayman70

Reaction score
you all are all right. These players live beyond their means..they mortgage the future and then when that next bigger contract doesn't happen...they pout..THEN they end up nearly broke and or in debt not only to their agent, but all sorts of business folks. Its a terrible epidemic in pro sports really. My guess is Zeke is not very financially stable and likely is on the hook with all sorts of bills and such.

Rayman70

Reaction score
a good example of what you guys said is Adrian Peterson. VERY VERY SAD. Millions in debt and might have 1 year left to play. Everyone is suing him.

kskboys

Reaction score
Oh, and you have to put money in the 401K in order for them to match it. That's another reason why AP being broke is just dumber'n dirt. That means he didn't put any into the 401K w/ a 200% match.