Don Banks: Cowboys probably regret Williams trade

Eskimo

Reaction score
TheCount;2454515 said:
Romo saw some pressure and worked his magic since he's been back, don't get it twisted, the guy makes our line look better than it actually is on a regular basis. If he was as flat footed as Barber, he'd still be getting mobbed at times back there.

Protection is definitely much better without Proctor there. Romo has escape lanes with Kosier/Holland that he don't exist when the pocket is caving in because of Proctor.

But Romo's mobility definitely makes the OL look much better than it really is.

Eskimo

Reaction score
theogt;2454519 said:
If we didn't trade for Roy during the season, they would have franchised him and we would've had to trade for him then. Chances are, we'd have had to pay the same thing then, and we would've had nothing to show for it this season.

Pure speculation.

jumanji

Reaction score
idiotic....roy will be our number 1 for years once TO is past his prime. in addition, teams can't double TO now.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Eskimo;2454522 said:
Pure speculation.
Really? That's what I thought about most of this:

Eskimo;2454502 said:
The trade was a bit of a panic move by Jerry brought on by the poor play of the OL leading to teams being able to double TO and Witten and defend Barber against the run. I think Jerry thought the key to saving the season was bringing in RW11 to free up Owens and Witten.

I still argue the real key to getting the offense going again was solidifying the OL by getting rid of Proctor and inserting a competent OG.

Anyhow, the trade will be judged on how far we go in the playoffs (if we make it there) and whether RW11 becomes the replacement #1 for TO as he ages. It is really way too early to judge who has won this trade.

My main beef with the trade is that I thought we didn't need RW11 this season and could have acquired him for less (or possibly nothing) in the offseason. I would have rather kept the 1st and 3rd to spend on OL/ILB/NT/S.
Of course, when I said months ago that it'd take a 1st and a 3rd to get him, I was ridiculed, so I don't expect people to believe me now either.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Another article by someone not familiar with Dallas. Williams filled the only hole in the offense. And gives us some leverage over TO should he decide to misbehave although I don't see that as long as we win.

You weren't going to get an impact WR next year unless we lucked out. Not a safe bet. But it also frees us up to draft a freakin safety, MLB, pass rusher, OL or just the BPA. Big deal. Money is the only difference and not draft picks.

Section446

Reaction score
What a stupid thing to say, he clearly hasn't watched the 'Boys very closely because if he had he'd take notice of the huge catches he's made since he's been here.

stiletto

Reaction score
It's a little early to be calling this trade a failure. He hasn't even gone through a training camp with Romo yet. He's already making progress. We're gonna see more of RW11 down the stretch.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What the???

I regret the trade. No I really do. I regret we didn't do it sooner.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Predicted sadly and noted

Panic trade and we overpaid DEARLY for a JAG

RoadRunner

Reaction score
flozell35;2454496 said:
Shouldn't we give it more time before we rush to judgement?

You would think. I certainly have no regrets with the trade. The team already has a core of young players taken over the last few drafts that is better than what most teams will have going forward.

GhettoxCowboy

Dem Boyz
Reaction score
bbgun;2454482 said:
CNNSI:

I'm wondering if the Cowboys would still make the trade for Roy E. Williams if they had it to do over? Doubtful. In case you're not paying attention, Williams has caught just 11 passes for 161 yards and one touchdown in his six games with Dallas, a paltry average of less than two catches and 27 yards per game.

For that the Cowboys are giving up their first- and third-round picks in 2009, plus paying Williams a guaranteed $20 million as part of his five-year, $45 million contract extension? Maybe the Lions did win one in 2008, after all.

http://img246.*************/img246/9917/ch21thunov272008050735pel3.jpg

Man that guy is ********, dude don't even know what hes talkin about! Williams is slowly getting in sinc with the offense. guess that guy has never played football before in his life

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
This guy is a SUPER IDIOT!

He would fit right in with the San Diego-- Super Suckers.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
ah man all u can do after reading stuff like this is point and laugh haha!

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Nexx;2454514 said:
so you still want Crayton out there as our #2? :lmao2::lmao::laugh2:

Pretty amazing how the Giants can lead the NFL in scoring without a single WR in the statistical top 50, but our $3 million per year offensive coordinator needs nothing less than a Pro Bowl caliber talent at every single skill position for his offense to work.

If I were Kevin Gilbride, I think I would be due a raise.