Draft grades on Charlton to Dallas **merged**

Sydla

Reaction score
Prisco gave the Cowboys a D last year after taking Elliott. He's a moron.

LOL.

He gave us a C- for our entire draft last year.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
According to Giant fans he is Kellen Winslow.
He is a glorified WR. I don't see how they don't pass a million times a game. And they still have no OL and an average set of LBers.

Now if we can just get the walkie talkies away from them, we might have a chance.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Kid has talent, up to the coaches to get him to perform.

I think you nailed it in those few words. I've listened to the phone call audio, press conference, watched game videos, and read draft profiles on different sites.

His size, length, and athleticism is his strength. He can dominate and got his numbers in a tough conference to prove it. Fits the RKG bill of approval. Lines up all across the DL including success at RE. Taco himself said he played at 80% due to a high ankle sprain all last season. He was also mocked by many experts in the 14- 25 range. If we go by that, it's a steal.

With that said, he was only a one year starter. He knows how to extend but doesn't know how to disengage. Needs to learn how to use a combination of his strengths and play up to his strengths. It'll come through with experience and consistency. He has a lot of work to do in terms of "reaching that next level" as I quote Marinelli.

This season and our specific team, Taco won't be leaned on to be the guy but part of the DL equation. I think the major factor in getting the most out of him is going to be reinventing his strength and conditioning which we won't see a major dividend until next season.

Alot of project material but it's true. I'd hate the pick if we haven't drafted well (props to McClay and the scouting department) but we've been nailing it. I'd hate this pick if Marinelli wasn't the D coach and the culture he brings to our team but since he is and is able to turn a JAG into something I back the pick %100.

Verdict

Reaction score
That does seem to escape some people. We weren't going to get an elite DE at 28. I just hope that he can develop into an Anthony Spencer type of player. That would be a win.

That would be a whiff and a miss. Spencer really couldn't rush the passer. He just couldn't ever quite get there. He jus didn't have the speed to close the sack.

I really think Taco will be Spencer. I think he is going to be big enough to seal the edge on running downs and be a solid tackling machine for us on the LEFT side. I don't think he will be fast enough to be the left rushing end.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I think his ceiling is Anthony Spencer. That's second round or third round value.

I am not sure there was any DE there worth taking when we picked. We should have stuck with our board. Otherwise why build a draft board at all??

Verdict

Reaction score
Same thing I heard about Tank Lawrence as we gave up our 3rd round pick to get him. How did that turn out? The team has been horrible about drafting crap rushers.

He reminds me of Tank some, with less speed and a less consistent motor.

Wood

Reaction score
Usually Dallas gets C or B grades and absolutely smash 1st round picks. Now they are getting A's. Lets see how that works out.

Verdict

Reaction score
He doesn't fit. He is a LB, then you want him to play DE here, and a light weight DE at that...we don't need light weights...

Watt would have racked up the sack numbers on this defense. Probably a double digit sack artist HERE as a rookie. The problem is that he is too small to play as a DE and they would have run at him on just about every down.

We would be getting gashed for 5 yards on every run and he would end up hurt playing as an every down DE. That's my two cents on that. He is linebacker size. If you wanted him we could have taken Eric Stryker from OU a year or two ago in the later rounds and had the same player at a much cheaper cost of draft capital.

Verdict

Reaction score
I will say this, from listening to Takk in the post draft selection interview he is an absolute nut job. Taco sounds a lot more respectful with a good coachable personality. So at least that is a plus.

Verdict

Reaction score
I don't get it. Trusted fans of the Cowboys here say he is a reach, huh :huh:

Some do some don't. None of us know one way or the other. I hope he turns out to be dominant. I am personally skeptical of the pick but am willing to give it time to tell.

I really think it was a reach based on need which is usually a bad move. The worst part about it that the Cowboys admitted that they didnt stick to their draft board. There is no point in creating a draft board if you are going to freelance on draft day.

I hope they end up with the player that passed on in the first round at #60.

Sydla

Reaction score
Watt would have racked up the sack numbers on this defense. Probably a double digit sack artist HERE as a rookie. The problem is that he is too small to play as a DE and they would have run at him on just about every down.

We would be getting gashed for 5 yards on every run and he would end up hurt playing as an every down DE. That's my two cents on that. He is linebacker size. If you wanted him we could have taken Eric Stryker from OU a year or two ago in the later rounds and had the same player at a much cheaper cost of draft capital.

LOL. Few rookie DEs/OLBs rack up double digit sacks as rookies.

Verdict

Reaction score
LOL. Few rookie DEs/OLBs rack up double digit sacks as rookies.

Yeah. But very few are drafted to a team where they are the most talented DE before they get there. That may we'll be the situation in Dallas. It's situational.

Some of you guys read too much into history and too little about the specific situation a player is going to. You are correct that history indicates that it is unlikely. I'll give you that much.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Some do some don't. None of us know one way or the other. I hope he turns out to be dominant. I am personally skeptical of the pick but am willing to give it time to tell.

I really think it was a reach based on need which is usually a bad move. The worst part about it that the Cowboys admitted that they didnt stick to their draft board. There is no point in creating a draft board if you are going to freelance on draft day.

I hope they end up with the player that passed on in the first round at #60.
I do think he will be solid for us I also agree that it will be a whole lot easier to grab him and find a DB later than vice versa quality wise. We were picking 28. Few more picks back and it would of been a second rounder. I like the pick. From here on out though, we need quality dbs and defensive help in general

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
49ers R. Foster might need a 2nd surgery

Michael Lombardi ✔ @mlombardiNFL
Many teams do, According to USA Today's Tom Pelissero, teams believe 49ers R Foster will require a 2nd surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff