Draft priorities getting clearer

cnuball21

Reaction score
Heard teams aren't worried about Kincaid's back, he just has a small fracture. He is by far the best receiver out of the group.
That’s fair…but if he’s 6’3 and runs a 4.7 that’s a lot different than a 4.5 for me. Need more clarity on his athleticism.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Give me RB Robinson, TE Kincaid, or G Torrence in the first.
I see something in Torrence that reminds me of Erik Williams. A savage attack on defenders.

He is not the fastest guy on the field. But this guy is a run blocker deluxe, and does a good job in pass protection from the inside. The offensive line is what makes the skill players work.

I am not high on Avila. I've seen the idea that he is really susceptible on speed rushers getting to his edges and by him.

Top 10 iOL

CCBoy

Reaction score
We need to be targeting OL & DT

DT Bryan Bresee, Clemson - He and Johnathan Hankins would be an upgrade for the defense. Up front, there would be a pair of strong defensive tackles. This would bring a solid and aggressive presence to the defensive line group. The team would immediately be much stronger against the run. This would reflect stronger in short yardage as well as the Red Zone.​

No one presently knows how long the presence of Hankins will remain, but the future would be improved with the drafting of Bresee now. Money and talent would be in hand at least.

OT Brodrick Jones, Georgia - This is the strongest up grade as to the view of this fan. He is a large tackle with strong traits, both in the run and pass protection.​

He and Tyler Smith would be every inch as good as Zach Martin and Tyron Smith on the other side.

TYLER BIADASZ: He is a strong element and developed enough now and is entering his dominant years at center.​

He is consistent as well as a strong element now, at directing the unit and keeping them on the same sheet of music.

The assembled group will be highly competitive in camp. Some real talent will be cut or traded through camp, if this is the final picture via this draft.

Cap management will be opened and the talent level will have good depth as well as movement into the future, with the assembled talent after Jones being added. That is strong offensive status moving forward!

Cowboyny

Reaction score
That’s fair…but if he’s 6’3 and runs a 4.7 that’s a lot different than a 4.5 for me. Need more clarity on his athleticism.
I get it, but watching him you can see he is quicker getting in and out of his routes. Still don't think they draft a 1st rd TE, but it doesn't mean Kincaid isn't worth the pick.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think Kincaid is really, really good. I would have zero concerns about him. He is among the best route runners in this draft and probably has the best hands out of everyone in the draft.

He will be a very good receiving TE.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
And there are none in this draft. And I disagree anyway. We need a solid TE and 3 good WRs to make this passing O a strength again. Thing is, at least one of them has to be a route running fiend, the type that we do not have on the roster at present.
Lol this is the best tight end class in the last decade according to every draft analyst and yet none of them would be an upgrade over two sophomores who by no means set the world on fire?

Lunacy

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I will be shocked if the first four positions taken aren't OL, RB, WR, and CB.

Wish they would prioritize DT or TE over RB.

J-man

Reaction score
This isn't a popular take but I don't see TE as a huge need. With Ferg and Hendershot whom they love, already in house and IMO, Big Mike is gonna run a low TE use west coast spread offense.
IMHO this team need to focus on these things in this draft, during the rest of FA and beyond.

1. Continuing the rebuild of the OL is a must. There is a huge hole at LG and they're about to lose 2 FHOF players in the near future.
2. Adding another weapon at WR, preferably a very fast one to stretch and challenge the D.
3. Adding a starting caliber outside CB because we have no depth and there are too many variables to consider us as "good" long term.
4. Adding at least one starting caliber LB and one for depth/ST as well.
5. Looking for a new DE to replace D-Law next season. I like Williams and Armstrong but you can never have too many good pass rushers.
6. Adding a new all around bell cow at RB. TP is great, but he's not that guy. Blocking ability is a must.
7. They need to find a solution at kicker.

Next year, in something close to this order, I'd be looking at OL, DT, S, LB, CB, WR

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see something in Torrence that reminds me of Erik Williams. A savage attack on defenders.

He is not the fastest guy on the field. But this guy is a run blocker deluxe, and does a good job in pass protection from the inside. The offensive line is what makes the skill players work.

I am not high on Avila. I've seen the idea that he is really susceptible on speed rushers getting to his edges and by him.

Top 10 iOL
No, Darnell Wright is much more EW than Torrence.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
No, Darnell Wright is much more EW than Torrence.
I'm speaking about temperament and physical ability. Not position.

This is the knock on Wright:

• Gets very little bend in his two-point stance.
  • More bear-hugger than technician at point of attack.
  • Below average hand resets and finish as run blocker.
  • Might need a shallow pocket to hold up in pass pro.
  • More of a catcher than puncher.
  • Shows confusion against twist.

That is a far cry from Erik Williams.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I'm speaking about temperament and physical ability. Not position.

This is the knock on Wright:

• Gets very little bend in his two-point stance.
  • More bear-hugger than technician at point of attack.
  • Below average hand resets and finish as run blocker.
  • Might need a shallow pocket to hold up in pass pro.
  • More of a catcher than puncher.
  • Shows confusion against twist.

That is a far cry from Erik Williams.
Go watch his tape against Will Anderson.

That alone solidified him as a 1st round lock for me.

gtb1943

Reaction score

DT Bryan Bresee, Clemson - He and Johnathan Hankins would be an upgrade for the defense. Up front, there would be a pair of strong defensive tackles. This would bring a solid and aggressive presence to the defensive line group. The team would immediately be much stronger against the run. This would reflect stronger in short yardage as well as the Red Zone.​

No one presently knows how long the presence of Hankins will remain, but the future would be improved with the drafting of Bresee now. Money and talent would be in hand at least.

OT Brodrick Jones, Georgia - This is the strongest up grade as to the view of this fan. He is a large tackle with strong traits, both in the run and pass protection.​

He and Tyler Smith would be every inch as good as Zach Martin and Tyron Smith on the other side.

TYLER BIADASZ: He is a strong element and developed enough now and is entering his dominant years at center.​

He is consistent as well as a strong element now, at directing the unit and keeping them on the same sheet of music.

The assembled group will be highly competitive in camp. Some real talent will be cut or traded through camp, if this is the final picture via this draft.

Cap management will be opened and the talent level will have good depth as well as movement into the future, with the assembled talent after Jones being added. That is strong offensive status moving forward!
BIadasz is not yet a strong element; he took a big step forward last season but he is not there yet

CCBoy

Reaction score
BIadasz is not yet a strong element; he took a big step forward last season but he is not there yet
He played in the Pro Bowl and is at the point that experience gained is a dominant consideration...and possessing leadership that is relevant.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not all the dominoes have fallen, but we are getting some clarity.

I've done posts in the past showing a clear correlation between where we have sunk assets in free agency/trades and the positions we pick early (rounds 1-4) in the past.

We can expect that CB, WR, and RB will be three of our first four selections in the upcoming draft. The 4th likely option is TE given the amount of formal interviews we've had with TE prospects.
If Oline isnt in your dominoes than your not seeing clearly at all.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Add an elite pass catching TE and our passing offense is a strength again. They still have to figure out their run game and stopping the run on defense.
We had a good passing catching TE already. We need a great all around TE that can stretch the field. Mayer is the guy. Most experts agree on this. Kincaid is an overblown WR that has poor yac from what I can see.

gtb1943

Reaction score
He played in the Pro Bowl and is at the point that experience gained is a dominant consideration...and possessing leadership that is relevant.
No one with a brain thinks that pro bowl bid meant anything. Basically he was about the last one standing.

CCBoy

Reaction score
No one with a brain thinks that pro bowl bid meant anything. Basically he was about the last one standing.

A Brain...one promoting that logic as demonstration of being a wall flower instead won't ever sign one of my pay checks for solidly earning my position. i assure you, as receiving checks from the Sheriff's Department. This after retiring from the Post Office. After serving 23 yeqrs ias aq Veteran.

Oh, please do explain what a brain and real respect for having paid the price in the real world...stereotyping logic and ring taping for privilege.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
We had a good passing catching TE already. We need a great all around TE that can stretch the field. Mayer is the guy. Most experts agree on this. Kincaid is an overblown WR that has poor yac from what I can see.
Kincaid was 1st in the draft class in YAC lmao

What did I say about trusting your eyes, Roy?