DT Trysten Hill could surprise

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by quickccc, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Cowboyny

Cowboyny Well-Known Member

9,429 Messages
    11,512 Likes Received
    When Gholston was drafted, thought he would be groomed to eventually replace DLaw on the strong-side. He does have ability to kick inside on the nickel, but still believe he is a base DE. Injuries could solve the numbers crunch, but I think if Bohanna shows something in camp, they may just keep the 2 lids over Watkins. We have a few who can play the 1, even if Watkins got released. Still believe Basham could be the guy most in trouble, wasn't great last season and took many of the snaps. If would think they want some of their younger prospects to see more field action.

Fastpitch Dad and Tangle_Foot like this.
  2. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

33,368 Messages
    17,852 Likes Received
    Golston is an end like Michael Bennett that kicks inside some on pass rush downs.

Tangle_Foot likes this.
  3. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

15,186 Messages
    28,529 Likes Received
    Is he our new Randy Gregory?

Our misunderstood All-Pro just waiting to happen?

jwitten82 and zrinkill like this.
  4. Creeper

Creeper Well-Known Member

7,681 Messages
    9,885 Likes Received
    We will have to wait and see, but if not for the injuries I think Hill would be way ahead of where he is now. We'll have to see how motivated he is in his contract year, but I always thought he had some talent. But he has to show it on the field.

Pass2Run likes this.
  5. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

51,309 Messages
    77,207 Likes Received
    He's a rotational DT at this point. Expecting anything more than that is just wishful thinking at this point.

jwitten82 likes this.
  6. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

8,713 Messages
    13,171 Likes Received
    Your mind is probably playing tricks on you. Hill played 23 of 65 defensive snaps in that game.. Which means that if you watched someone being pushed all over the field, 2/3 of the time it was someone other than Hill.. Hill was credited with 2 tackles in his 23 snaps. Tarrell Basham played the same number of snaps and was credited with none. Gallimore played 30 snaps and had 3 tackles. I would mildly disagree that Hill has not "shown it" yet. He has flashed at times but consistent with the scouting report on him.. he had some growing up to do coming into the league. That happens with most 20 year olds that you draft. Most can't handle what they get thrown into either on or off the field. I still like the toolset and hold out hope that Quinn can get the most out of him. As for becoming a 10 sack 3 tech? Not in a defense that values rotating fresh bodies in as much as ours appears to. .

Pass2Run likes this.
  7. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

5,640 Messages
    5,742 Likes Received
    How many years for pension, 4?

8. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

33,175 Messages
    23,718 Likes Received
    Hill's problem is he cannot stay healthy even to practice. If he is healthy I like him better than Gallimore.

People seem high on Gallimore for some reason but he was healthy for the last 5 games and the playoffs. He was front and center when our interior DL play was at it's worst. Remember all the cutback lanes?

Fastpitch Dad and Haimerej like this.
  9. Pass2Run

Pass2Run Well-Known Member

2,880 Messages
    3,516 Likes Received
    Looks like you have the most-informed opinion of Hill so far.

I didn't realize he was only 20 when we drafted him, but that does make a lot of sense.

If he stays healthy, this is the year that will tell the tale.

RonnieT24 and Fastpitch Dad like this.
  10. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

48,862 Messages
    26,820 Likes Received
    You REALLY think the Chargers, who needed a quarterback, would have taken that deal?

11. KeepinTime

KeepinTime Well-Known Member

708 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I’ll be surprised if he surprises.

12. nalam

nalam The realist

7,884 Messages
    4,105 Likes Received
    Mad mad mad with this guy,

still living off the Tampa D days , nothing new after that,

this guy set us back years with stupid selections - Taco, Hill , and how many else?

Stash and AmericasTeam81 like this.
  13. Praxit

Praxit Well-Known Member

7,378 Messages
    7,583 Likes Received
    .....haha ..oh man, that would be something. But sorry, I just don't see it. This kid looked to need special discipline just to stay motivated.

14. Mcsports

Mcsports Well-Known Member

198 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    You are probably correct. Wasn't he benched as a starter in college?
    illl

15. Mcsports

Mcsports Well-Known Member

198 Messages
    269 Likes Received
    Not trying to pirate this thread, but this is a point (Gallup injury) that's been glossed over by Cowboys brass and the media all spring. I borrow a quote from the knowledgable RonnieT24 from this thread on Hill's ACL injury.
    "He was never going to be back to full strength coming off a torn ACL. Those things take a full year to get right for people not named Adrian Peterson."
    Now do the math on this Gallup injury (January 2) and we see why Dallas' receiving corps will be a little flat for a lot longer than the Joneses are claiming.

Pass2Run and zrinkill like this.
  16. zrinkill

zrinkill Cowboy Fan

42,227 Messages
    17,446 Likes Received
    Stop the presses! The Jones's lie about everything? Who knew?

17. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

13,495 Messages
    9,418 Likes Received
    LLLOOOLLL

18. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    21,139 Messages
    31,076 Likes Received
    Trysten "baby cakes" Hill is down to his last hurrah! This 2022 training camp and preseason will determine whether he remains a Dallas Cowboy or not going forward.

19. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

10,931 Messages
    9,851 Likes Received
    I would say on half of those he was pushed around.

It jumped out at me and I wasn't even looking for it, i believe I was reviewing the futility fo Gregory in that game.

He took snaps away from Osa (29 snaps). I had forgotten Osa's number and kept seeing 97 flashing all over. It was Osa...the guy has freakish ability imo.

Pass2Run and Haimerej like this.
  20. DUO_CORE

DUO_CORE Well-Known Member

1,135 Messages
    1,389 Likes Received
    He's worth a 3rd or 4th rounder.......in the USFL

OGCowboy likes this.